Thread: confused

confused

i gave crossdressing a go not make up or wig just clothing and i enjoyed it but in a way it felt rong but my mind set seemed to change as well. crossdressing seems to attract me to men but a normal man dosnt do anything for me at all

just wondering if any one else has been through this

Yes Danni this has happened to me and believe me that is ok the fantasy is best left in your head though guy are fairly selfish when it comes to that .If yo enjoy dressing it is O.K you don't have to please anyone but your self and if you have a partner try discussing things you might want to get your self a couple of toys to see if you enjoy what you are feeling

thank you for the help, i am not with a partnert live with my parents still so would be hard to get toys

How to say this?

Most crossdressers lean toward being heterosexual. That is to say they prefer women / GG women.

But many have fantasies about men ~ but that's not homosexual ~ but a personification of the femininity.

That is to say their not attracted toward masculinity nor males, but toward feminality.

I'm not a CD, but I've read your thoughts before in many other threads. "Not attracted to men in guy mode, but things change while dressed and it is scary." Members here do not identify their sexual preferences when they respond, so it is hard to say if many of the "Try it, you'll like it" respondents are bi or homosexual, or not. Other respondents say they've tried it and it wasn't for them.

One member that I admire greatly once explained it is the idea of being with a guy that is most appealing, since the gender contrast would emphasize your femininity. But the act of having sex in itself would disappoint if you are hetero. I think this is what Dana is saying.
    Reine

It's not unusual to consider men sexually when you're dressing.
    It's one way of rationalizing your cognitive dissonance: "I'm a woman now, so I should be attracted to men."

For example, I'm not attracted to men en femme or otherwise, but when I dress up, I would consider at least trying it.

What abigail is talking about, I think, is that some men fetishize cross-dressers.
    Those kinds of encounters are not likely to go well, so please be aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I'm not a CD, but I've read your thoughts before in many other threads. "Not attracted to men in guy mode, but things change while dressed and it is scary." Members here do not identify their sexual preferences when they respond, so it is hard to say if many of the "Try it, you'll like it" respondents are bi or homosexual, or not. Other respondents say they've tried it and it wasn't for them.

One member that I admire greatly once explained it is the idea of being with a guy that is most appealing, since the gender contrast would emphasize your femininity. But the act of having sex in itself would disappoint if you are hetero. I think this is what Dana is saying.

Thank you for explaining it so much more better than I.

This is a topic that all gurls I believe at least think about in one way or another whether they want to admit or not. That is my own personal opinion,and I could be way out of bounds.

For me, I have tried to figure out my desires.
    I can admit that when I began dressing extensively, my goal was not to atrract men. But it comes with the territory. It is going to happen. Men out there are going to be attracted to us and find it appealing. In most cases, they like the fem illusion of it (there are exceptions out there).
    Other cases they be intrigued by the mystique of it all. I learned to accept these things as I continued to progress in my dressing. I did not dress to have men gawk at me lustfully. The dressing was for me and to make me feel good and to bring out my fem characteristics.

But at some point, I got curious and wanted to experiment with what it was like to be on the "other side" of the table. So I decided to take the plunge and let someone take me out on a date.

Back to me...
    I like attention as we all probably do. So I just like the idea of being able to attract the opposite sex. That makes me feel good about what I am trying to portray (image). Some of us (like me), just like the idea of being object of affection. My take on men is, I have nothing against them (afterall I am one hehe)and there are some really nice respectable guys out there. But like everything else, there are losers and jerks too.
    Have I had have thoughts of "wow he is hot". No I have yet to experience that side. But I can acknowledge when a guy is seen as attractive and it can certainly get me feeling all gooey inside when I am being treated with respect and pampered while being taken out.

I hope this makes sense. It really can be confusing though.

I claim to be no expert on this, just simply going by my experiences and other gurls I know personally.

good question, although i have to say that i love dressing and trying to pass as femme i have to be honest and say ive never fantasised about men( although my gf and some toys is nice lol ) or even think about men when dressed as i have alway been attracted to females how they look ,dress whether it would look better on me hehe

Just because you're not attracted to men doesn't mean you have no feminine parts to your personality. Sounds like you're one of us....sorry if that bothers you. Oh, and once you wind up dressed in all female clothes, you may find, like I did, that the long, beautiful female hair of a wig 'finishes off' the final product, and pushes away the few remaining male feelings.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.