Thread: A Blessing and a curse!

A Blessing and a curse!

Being taller (much much taller) than the average male, getting clothes and shoes that fit me is a nightmare!!!! I really have to shop around a lot, and buying online is quite expensive when you live here in South-Africa! It really is a curse!

BUT!!!!

When you are as tall as I am, NOBODY at any of the shops where I have been thinks that I am buying any of the girly clothing for myself. Especially when I've grown my beard for 2 or three days!

Sometimes the things we dislike about ourselves when dressed "femme" can be used to our advantage when needed!!

Before I accepted myself and used to want to buy femme things, I used to shop with 2 or 3 days of chin stubble, my sleeves would be rolled up showing off my tattooed, muscular and scarred arms, and I used to keep my hair cropped really short.

Even if they thought it was for me, they were probably too nervous to ask

I got a bit of a quizzical look when I was shopping (in drab) last time, probably because I had about 3 or 4 days of stubble going, and was looking all tall-dark-and-handsome. I even went up to the change room attendant with an armful of stuff, and she said "Oh, I guess you don't need a change room for THAT stuff, Did you need help finding anything else?" When I replied "No thanks, I found everything just fine, I just wanted to try them on first.", she actually seemed like what I said just wasn't processing. It took her two or three seconds to recover, and she had a confused look on her face, but finally she kind of shook it off, smiled and asked me how many Items I'd be taking into the change room.

I think I may have been her first CD.
    We're here for a good time, not a long time.
    So have a good time. The sun can't shine everyday.

I will never fit womens clothes in a shop, there is a very unacceptable and conservative culture in our country concerning gay, lesbian, cross dressing.... you name it, they probably hate it. You won't be received with a frown, you'll be received with insults and abuse.

I know what you mean, Ash. There are a LOT of small backwoods towns in the U.S that are the same way. I happen to live in one of them. The only thing here is that if it don't look right, shoot it, then go see what it is! LOL

But at that height you must look great in a mini skirt, all they will all look like mini skirts. In my part of America, no matter what they think, sales comes first.
    It may be crass but at least they keep the negative thoughts to themselves, all though a look now and then lets you know they don't really approve.
    Tina B.

Platinum Member
    I'm fairly tall and fairly athletic in build at 6'3"/230 lbs. but I'm not sure I know what people are thinking when I'm shopping. I do know a few of the SAs in the hoisery dept at Dilberts and have made no attempt to hide the fact that the stay ups are for me.