Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does it really make you feel feminine?

Does it really make you feel feminine?

Sometimes I see folks post saying that I dressed in this or that and I felt so-o-o feminine. Is that really true? I don't think it was ever really that way for me, it just made me feel freer to express my deep feelings. To be honest, I wouldn't know what it's really like to "feel feminine" if I tripped over it . I just know what it feels like to be me, with all my facets. So, does dressing make you feel feminine and why do you say that?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think everyone is either feminine or masculine on this site respectively. Dressing as what society deems as the right attire for the said gender, just allows us a catalyst to act out our deeply repressed or worn on the sleeve emotions and identities. Wearing the clothes make me feel more like me, not feminine, just me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jamie-noun-(JAY-mee)-A mystifying enigma that's wrapped in a mystery that's secluded in a dark forest with mind-teasers and twisters, that loves anime and video games . . . with a rack . . .

~Vanity is a bitch, and I'm her willing slave.~

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Since I have never been a female, and never will be one, it is impossible for me to know how "feeling feminine" would feel like. However, I know what feeling masculine feels like (No. Seriously. I do! ), and when I say I feel feminine, what I mean is that I feel less masculine. So, if femininity is the opposite of masculinity, then things I do that make me feel less masculine must allow me to feel feminine, right?

Kathi

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    I feel I have two rather distinct personalities. Most of the time I'm in boy-mode. That's one personality. But I can switch to my other personality without needing the the props (though it's nicer with the props!).

I don't know whether I feel feminine in the same way that a genetic woman feels feminine, but I don't think that's important. My voice changes, my gestures and walk change ... if this isn't "feeling feminine," it's close enough to make me happy!

*** Jenna ***

(Blogging about gender at jennawillow.wordpress.com)

Oh So Fem

[SIZE="2"]I know for me, my entire persona changes when I am dressed as I am right now. It seems every view changes as well. The way I walk, talk, my aggressiveness decreases while my submissive side blooms.
    Kisses
    [/SIZE]

I dunno, when I'm feeling lacy lingerie against my skin and see myself in a cute outfit and dainty little shoes, the scent of my own cologne in the air and the taste of lip gloss on my lips, I sure don't feel macho!

Hi Denise, an interesting concept but personally I have no idea how feeling feminine feels. I understand how I feel when I wear feminine clothing, but I wouldn't equate that feeling to feeling feminine, feeling good about myself?.... Yes!
    But feeling feminine?..... I wouldn't know how the feeling felt, even if I felt it!

Yes it really does.

I live in a land of pre-defined roles and dress code.

I spent the day as Alice on Monday, around the house and out the back garden. Dressing up, putting makeup on, being a housewife for the day. The feeling was so overwhelming......it was definitaly feminine and so right.

Skirts, dresses, ribbons, alice bands, frilly knicks......I was a girl for the day

In fact, Alice even looked girlie and as I am now 42, that took some doing

Platinum Member
    "Feeling" is such a personal thing, no one can define it for you nor can you entirely appreciate a feeling experienced by someone else, but yeah, I think dressing up makes me feel feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah Jane View Post
    Hi Denise, an interesting concept but personally I have no idea how feeling feminine feels. I understand how I feel when I wear feminine clothing, but I wouldn't equate that feeling to feeling feminine, feeling good about myself?.... Yes!
    But feeling feminine?..... I wouldn't know how the feeling felt, even if I felt it!
    I think that that pretty much sums it up. I know that when I dress, i feel like what i imagine would be effeminate, but as far as whether it is really is or not I can't say as i only have being masculine as a comparison.

Although my physical body is male, I get a very deep feeling that I am feminine when I'm dressed in bra, panties and stockings, and just wish that I could stay dressed and be accepted as a female by my family and friends.

yes, it also makes GG feel more feminine

Ask any GG if they feel more feminine going out in jeans and a t shirt or a LBD dressed to the 9's. It is psychological, but it does make most people feel more feminine to look more feminine.

Sh-sh-sh-shakin' all over jemima_bates's Avatar
    I think it's hard to designate the feeling as "feminine', as Kathi says - having never been a female that's a hard one....

But does my 'construct' of what I think my femininity is feel heightened when dressed - for sure.

Each to their own to some extent - I suppose it depends on our own idea of what we see ourselves as, or term ourselves as whether dressed or not or cd or whatever.

Jemima
    x

OK...I am going to try and weigh in here.

We all know how to feel feminine...because we are all both masculine and feminine...it is a sliding scale...from alpha male to female....i would think we agree that we are somewhere in the middle...so we do have fem feelings all the time. as men we try to supress them...cause we were told to.

for me, seeing the woman in the mirror makes me feel less guilty, for showning and expressing this side of me.... so yes I do feel more feminine when the person in the mirror looks like the person that i feel like.

i hate walking around the house expressing myself in a feminine manner[ which is natural for me]...and all of a sudden i pass a mirror....YIKES

Total disconnect!!!

yes i just feel like myself when i feel like i'm in a safe place....when i don't...i put on that masculine persona.

So...Yep i feel more feminine when dressed

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

To me it's more of a role plaything. I can pretend, act, and display myself as a girl based on how I have viewed girls in life. When I dress up as a girl I try and roleplay totally as a girl in action and appearance.

I kinda look like it as the same thing as these guys that put on a bandana, a leather vest and chaps and then hop on a Harley. They are pretending to be something they are not, which is again to me role playing.

Just my thoughts.

AHEM, to quote the famous (infamous?) television commercial we all know, well, "Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't".

Here's a point though: how many women do you see (or know) who aren't feminine at all? My guess is lots and lots. Feminity is an expression of your inner self, and I guess women would have as many definitions of it as we do. So - do you feel feminine when you dress? Of course, because that definition is what YOU decide it is.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

This question seems right for me today having just spent the past 10 days or so on a work schedule where i could not dress so now i have an hour or so so i have dressed and i feel great and happy and content so what ever this feeling(s) are they are part of me ... so i wonder if the description has to come from within or is it a label from society

I've always had a feminine side to me for as long as I can remember. The thing is that it was only until I started CDing that it began manifesting itself bit more. This isn't necessarily a bad thing: I personally believe that a good blend of masculine and feminine traits can be healthy. It's nice to be able to have a visual appearance that can match some of your feelings inside and that's how I've always seen my CDing. I don't see it as a personal fetish or primarily due to non-congruency with my gender (though obviously a part of it is) but rather a means of self-expression. That alone might make me a minority within the transgender community, but something that I welcome with open arms.

Jenna and Kathi pretty much expressed what I feel. This question is a bit like asking "How can I be certain that anyone else is conscious " (answer - you can't). That said, and assumng you aren't all in my imagination I think we would all understand at some level what was meant if it was said that a person or thing was very feminine. I feel very feminine when dressed and "being Kara". I am Kara at times, and at other times I am drab me, and I feel different in a way which I would characterize as being more feminine or more masculine.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Since I have never been a female, and never will be one, it is impossible for me to know how "feeling feminine" would feel like. However, I know what feeling masculine feels like (No. Seriously. I do! ), and when I say I feel feminine, what I mean is that I feel less masculine. So, if femininity is the opposite of masculinity, then things I do that make me feel less masculine must allow me to feel feminine, right?
    Kathi
    I would have to agree with Kathi! I am a man, and will always be one. So I also cannot know how "feeling feminine" would feel like. I dress simply because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothes. So I guess maybe I do feel feminine when I am dressed. Whatever the feeling, I sure do like to dress!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Denise its an interesting philisophical question.

I guess when I am dressed and wearing a cute outfit or a dress with a nice pair of heels I feel more feminine than if I were wearing a pair of Carhart Coveralls, Hooters shirt, and work boots. At least I know I feel less masculine.

Kathi, as usual is correct. I have never been female ,although I play one regularly, so I have no context to measure my feelings of being pretty and cute against. I guess I just have to rely on the Shania Twain song I feel like a woman to provide me with that context, "short skirts, mens shirts, MAN I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN". Opps "MAN I THINK I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN"
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

when i get totaly dressed and made up i feel like a women in every aspect and even though its me its like im a different person all male manorism seem to fly out the window and the female takes over and yes it makes me feel really good, its almost like a light switch for me when i see my self done up it just clicks in

No way to tell for sure since we are women. How do we truly know what feminine is. We only know what we think it is and how do we know that is right?
    Michelle

I guess Denise, when one of us says we "feel feminine", it is really how we perceive femininity. I feel more the way I look when I dress completely like a woman. I'm trying to be the best woman I can be, so feeling like one means I've done my best.
    Charlie

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

feeling like a woman vs. feeling feminine

Denise, I would agree that I will never know what it is to "be" or "feel like" a woman. On the other hand, feminine and masculine have functional defininitions, even though they do change over time. After hours and hours of discussion with my wife about gender perspectives, we have put certain actions into the "feminine" column, the most obvious being the outer trappings we place on our bodies and the way those bodies move and act. The walk, the way of sitting, deportment in general! This leads to voice change, and then language use change, and suddenly you record a message on your answering machine and the voice sounds "feminine". Lastly there is a psychology that can be associated with the word "feminine". Heck, Tina still can't giggle like my (very feminine) wife and it drives her crazy (Tina, that is!).

There is no doubt in my mind that as I start with my nails and end with my lip gloss, a tranformation occurs and Tina is born. She is increasingly very feminine, and a bit of a high-maintence girl, to be honest!

Tina