Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Companies with policies allowing crossdressing on the job?

Banned Read only
    I believe our policy has a clause that you should be somewhere on the path of transitioning. You would probably have to present psychological evaluation documents. I don't think going back and forth would be allowed either, unless you decided to abandon the process.

We have a person in our LGBT employee resource group who is transitioning M->F. So far, so good...

i think one answer could be a teacher ?
    http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/nort...9310-26732045/
    or some one who works for her/his self ?.

carolyn xx

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen564 View Post
    I've always been under the impression that these company policies regarding dressing was more aimed at the ones undergoing transition...Not casual part time dressing as they wish.
    The organization I work for lost a bunch of lawsuits in the past for trying to impose behaviour that could not be demonstrated to be necessary for the job. As a result, current clothing policies are pretty much that: if your job doesn't require a particular clothing, then you are free to wear what you want, provided you are within the bounds of the public indecency laws. I do not know, though, what the effect would be if someone were to come to work as an Adult Baby or in BSDM fetish clothes. For the sort of clothes that are routinely worn by a portion of the employees, the organization would have no official mechanism to refuse. But, of course, that doesn't mean that there would be no long term consequences.

People here have to realize how important it is for a transsexual to transition & dress in the workplace without repercussions because we don't have the luxury of choosing between two genders from one day to the next...
    I have about as much choice in my gender as you have (not much): my gender, is, however, not as polarized into male and female.

It isn't like some days feeling like I want to sing Rap and other days feeling like I want to sing Gospel. Telling me that I have to hide my true (mixed) gender at work would be like telling me that I'm not allowed to be a mathematician: I can't not be a mathematician though few people know that I am one.

We are committed to this full time for the rest of our lives as a means to live as ONE gender, not two..and is a very serious matter for us, because it may mean the difference between life & death..

Seriously....If your Not transitioning, are you going to kill yourself just because you can't CD at work?
    Suicide isn't on my bucket list, but I very much suspect that if I had to put myself completely back in to the "male" bottle again that I would have another functional breakdown in time, possibly to the point of having to retire due to medical disability. My life is no bundle of joy -- especially when transsexuals presume to tell me that if I'm not desparate for SRS that my feelings are mere luxuries.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post

I have about as much choice in my gender as you have (not much): my gender, is, however, not as polarized into male and female.

It isn't like some days feeling like I want to sing Rap and other days feeling like I want to sing Gospel. Telling me that I have to hide my true (mixed) gender at work would be like telling me that I'm not allowed to be a mathematician: I can't not be a mathematician though few people know that I am one.

Suicide isn't on my bucket list, but I very much suspect that if I had to put myself completely back in to the "male" bottle again that I would have another functional breakdown in time, possibly to the point of having to retire due to medical disability. My life is no bundle of joy -- especially when transsexuals presume to tell me that if I'm not desparate for SRS that my feelings are mere luxuries.

[SIZE=2]You obviously have absolutely no idea what trans-sexuality really is to say what you just did...and your comparison is pretty whacked out really..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Do Not speak to me what my choices were, because you have no clue.. I know what I am...and not confused... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]But it would seem that you are very confused..or clueless..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Besides, I didn't tell you anything....You made your own asumptions...and choices in your life.. nobody else told you what or what not to do but YOU..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]So to sum it up....if what I said bothers you so much, why not take a stand at your workplace & dress as female since that's what you really want ?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Too scared??? Or will the wife ground you? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]You obviously have absolutely no idea what trans-sexuality really is to say what you just did...and your comparison is pretty whacked out really..[/SIZE]
    What it means to be trans is different for everyone.
    Your (or anyone else's) personal experience is not the gold standard for being trans.
    I think you are way out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by charlotte_sp View Post
    What it means to be trans is different for everyone.
    Your (or anyone else's) personal experience is not the gold standard for being trans.
    I think you are way out of line.
    [SIZE=2]I'm WAY outta line? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I don't recall stating what my standard was...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]But go on, make up your own meaning then..and good luck with that....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I'm dropping this now, before this gets out of control..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Over & out..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Anne View Post
    ......Some or most may find this arrogant or short sighted but I have my opinion only based on my thoughts of a realistic view of the world which is often jaded.......

.......I am never one to avoid sharing my thoughts, regardless of if they are popular or not.
    Stephanie, here is some feedback; I do find your posts on this particular thread very arrogant and that ticks me off.

Just because I do not identify "as" a female, does not diminish the importance or the necessaryness of my need to identify "with" females. How much crossdressing or the tastefullness of it can be hashed out within each company, but the fear of being harrassed or fired is very much a reality to us cd'ers. And we do not get the protection of the proposed ENDA bill as TS women and men do.

I feel angry that you are isolating us cd'ers in the same manner the LGB community kept the TS community at arms length.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    You obviously have absolutely no idea what trans-sexuality really is to say what you just did...and your comparison is pretty whacked out really..
    Did you ever have a "passion" in your life, some skill or talent that you had to use even at great cost to your physical health and your relationships, something that doesn't turn off at night, not even in your sleep, something that shapes the entire course of your life? Mathematics is like that for me. Is it so "wacked out" to compare that to transexuality?

Do Not speak to me what my choices were, because you have no clue.. I know what I am...and not confused...
    You presumed to speak about my choices when you spoke about non-TS's having a choice of gender -- which may be the case for some of them, but is definitely not the case for all of them.

So to sum it up....if what I said bothers you so much, why not take a stand at your workplace & dress as female since that's what you really want ?

Too scared??? Or will the wife ground you?
    You must have been speed-reading: I've been dressing as female at work for the last four years, and the roof hasn't fallen in, and my wife (who knows about me) thinks I have good taste in clothes.

Did you ever have a "passion" in your life, some skill or talent that you had to use even at great cost to your physical health and your relationships, something that doesn't turn off at night, not even in your sleep, something that shapes the entire course of your life? Mathematics is like that for me. Is it so "wacked out" to compare that to transexuality?
    [SIZE=2]Yes, I had a passion for WORK..and building a career![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I never had any passion to be a transsexual....my only passion was to fight it..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]If you want to discuss transsexuality, lets talk about that.....not some passion for mathematics..[/SIZE]

You presumed to speak about my choices when you spoke about non-TS's having a choice of gender -- which may be the case for some of them, but is definitely not the case for all of them.
    [SIZE=2]This is what I wrote...which I was not speaking to You directly.....but if the shoe fits..so be it..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]People here have to realize how important it is for a transsexual to transition & dress in the workplace without repercussions because we don't have the luxury of choosing between two genders from one day to the next...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]We are committed to this full time for the rest of our lives as a means to live as ONE gender, not two..and is a very serious matter for us, because it may mean the difference between life & death..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Seriously....If your Not transitioning, are you going to kill yourself just because you can't CD at work?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]If you or whoever can not fully understand what I said, (which you clearly did not) then you never will........[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]so it's really pointless to discuss it further..[/SIZE]

You must have been speed-reading: I've been dressing as female at work for the last four years, and the roof hasn't fallen in, and my wife (who knows about me) thinks I have good taste in clothes.
    [SIZE=2]That's strange......dressing 4 years as a woman you say?, because your stated otherwise earlier this year in your thread here as an Experiment.... [/SIZE][SIZE=2]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...27&postcount=1[/SIZE]

Would I do such an experiment again? Yes, I'm sure I would. Indeed, in a way it would have been easier on me if I had felt uncomfortable or easily distracted or had otherwise felt like obvious clothes and work do not mix: instead, I now have the difficulty that I feel that I would dress at work if I felt that the local leader would be accepting (currently I feel that our local leader would resent the ripple of disruption my coming out would cause more than they would care about what I actually wore -- even if it were just a "one day wonder", that would be a day of lowered productivity in difficult times.)
    [SIZE=2]Dressing at work while the plant is shut down 3 days & nobody there seeing you while your hiding in your office is not what I would exactly call making a stand for the right to CD with management or what I call openly Out with your boss or coworkers..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Your misleading people here to think otherwise....which can be dangerous to the unknowing..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I don't mind helping anyone here transition, and have done so for many, but my 1st rule before I do anything is make sure they have a good grasp on reality & on the same page..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do hate to even discuss anything here anymore, because it always gets so off track..& pointless..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

This thread has gone way of topic and is now done...
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]