Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girlie traits when in drab

Girlie traits when in drab

Have any of you found that when in drab you still do things when you're dressed. For me its when I put male moisturiser on I put it as I'm putting on foundation, putting it on my wrist first. Luckily no body has seen me do it that way.
    What do you ladies do.

haha sure when i go out clothes shopping in drab with my gf if i find something nice and girlie i still hold it up against me as if i was dressed lol

Acting Fem in Drab

My wife has made a few "comments" about how I walk and sit with my legs crossed, etc. I try and watch myself, since I don't want to upset her any more than she already is, which is a lot.
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

Bass Ackwards since 1991! Allyson Michelle's Avatar
    sometimes i subconsciously do my "femme" walk and stance when out in public. Nobody has ever said anything though (at least not to where I can hear)
    I'm not a very religious person, but this quote really got me closer to Him and myself. For I now know the true meaning of who I am.

"But the Lord said to Samuel, Look not on his face, nor on the height of his stature . . . : for [SIZE="3"]the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the mind.[/SIZE]" - (1 Sam 16:7)

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I think maybe yesterday was one of those days for me. I'm trying to integrate my two "sides" into "myself", and sometimes don't notice if I'm a little too femme.

A co-worker was standing in my cube, we were having a conversation about old times -- he was in the Army, I was in the Air Force -- and somehow he got talking about a guy who, I guess, he considered gay. You see, this guy carried around a duffle bag, and left it sitting out one day and the other troops looked inside and found cross-dressing tools of the trade (bra, wig, forms, clothing, makeup).

I've never shown any inclination to talk about that stuff, and his comments seemed pointed to me and worried me a bit. It's almost 100 percent my imagination, though, and I try to realize that, but I gotta wonder ... do I do anything that others perceive as feminine?

In actuality, I don't really care ... but I thought I'd add to this thread, anyways.

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar

Wink

Hi D! I always am trying not to look too femme while en drab. Sometimes I forget that I'm not dressed, usually when shopping and I see a sexy pair of heels, cute top, hot skirt, etc.. I'll just start fawning over them, feeling the material, admiring the details(such as buttons,buckles,patterns, stitching,ruffles,etc.) and wondering how I would look and feel wearing it. I catch myself doing this all the time when en drab. I immediately revert to my femme self. Then I realize I am not dressed and have to beat my inner girl back down. At least until she sees something else that catches her eye! LOL. Hugs, Tonya
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

oh, I definitely have some feminine body language traits, always have, and they just happen. It's not like I'm trying to blend the two natures. I have to make myself *not* stand hand-on-hip, for example.
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

I catch myself not walking like I normally would in male mode from time to time. It is kind of a mix between my normal walk and my fem walk but luckily for me it isn't that noticeable yet because I haven't quite gotten my fem walk down pat yet.

After all these years they are an 'ingrained' part of me regardless of how I am dresses.

Always crossing my legs, most times double crossing them. Walking with a slight gentle sway in my derriere. Twirling my hair around my finger. Take both my legs out of the car before standing. Sitting on the car seat and bringing both my legs into the car together. Crying during 'special' parts of movies. Plus, I shave my legs, underarms, all over really and moisturize. I am also submissive (not to an extreme though) and emotional.

Just like Kimberly Anne, my wife has made comments and some hurtful. My children just smile or giggle but no comments. On occasion they said I was eccentric.

As I said these are ingrained in my being and even when I try they really don't go away. But I am happy with me, just the way I am. The inner woman in me controls and that is fine with me.
    "Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions.", Jules Michelet, French historian
    Take care and God bless, Josie06[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heroine of Silmaria Elsa von Spielburg's Avatar
    I gotta say, there are many times where I find myself either crossing my legs above the knee nowandays or slipping into my femme-walk. Just feels right

The fem walk for me too. Plus how I hold the gear stick in my car, and how I hold a champaign glass.

SUZY

Girl Walk

I tend to sway my hips more in drab, especially when I wear women's jeans. I have to tuck or I'll have 2 bulges on either side of the crotch. I usually wear women's flats too. I keep my nails longer that most men & I shape them as girly as I can without being too obvious. I also buff my nails to a nice shine without polish.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonRenee View Post
    oh, I definitely have some feminine body language traits, always have, and they just happen. It's not like I'm trying to blend the two natures. I have to make myself *not* stand hand-on-hip, for example.
    pretty much the same here - plus, I've always been told I throw like a girl

Girlie traits

Yes, The walk, particularly the way I swing my arms. I carry a handbag or shoulder bag (purse) all of the time anyway, often wear flat girl shoes and trousers (but not jeans), have coloured toe nails and wear open toe sandals as much as possible. And at the present time my fingernails are always coated with a clear acrylic polish.

I sit with my legs crossed a lot. It's not necessarily a CD thing, though, my father did it too. (Don't think he was hiding anything, but who knows? ). During my teen years with all the homophobia around me I always sat with my ankle on my knee instead, supposedly manlier, but now I don't care if I register on anyone's gaydar.

As for crying during movies, I've only done that once - watching the end of Schindler's List, and my bedsheet was soaking wet.

I suppose you could call the over-use of smilies a bit "girly" too, but I swear, that's 1 in every 200 posts that I do that.
    Last edited by Proteus; 07-02-2010 at 04:09 PM.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I'm very similar to Josie, I too find myself crossing my legs, walking with a slight gentle sway, I often take both my legs out of the car before standing and sitting on the car seat and bringing both my legs into the car together.

Like others, my fingernails are long, manicured and painted in a shiny clear at work. The other thing I do is the way I stand, I can't help it but I tend to put my feet together and tuck my elbows in close to my body, bend my arms at 90 degs but have my wrists limp and my palms facing down ... just like I do when en femme. It's an unconscious trait that I can't seem to stop either in boy or girl mode.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

drab... what is that.... doesnt that require boy clothes???? i may go jeans and t shirt... but they are far from guy stuff so i dunno...... lately i get seriously uncomfortable if i even look at a guy article of clothing... so i really dunno how i act in drab..

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    - blushes - My drab still includes mens clothing but I've been wearing half my makeup routine... and I fix my hair only slightly different... and sometimes no different at all. Oh and I've given up on my male voice... I carry that around all day everywhere

Which in the last three weeks has started to result in me being referenced as a female... a very flat chested female wearing a mans shirt, shoes and slacks. Apparently hair, makeup, and voice go along way lol.
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

I have to watch out. The gays and bi's at work hint around me to see sometimes, mistaking fem mannerisms for gayness/fluffiness. I have to make an extra effort to "chat up" macho stuff. I'm in the closet, and definitely don't need the attention or exposure.

When I'm out I always look for some kind of bargain on dressers or whatever. I walk with a strut every now and then without even thinking about it. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jamie-noun-(JAY-mee)-A mystifying enigma that's wrapped in a mystery that's secluded in a dark forest with mind-teasers and twisters, that loves anime and video games . . . with a rack . . .

~Vanity is a bitch, and I'm her willing slave.~

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Oh lot's, have to stop myself regularly, hand gestures walk ,flicking my fringe, best is my laugh which is totally fem, I'm told. I have this fun video, at Bruntingthorp proving ground, were a mate looses it a corner and spins. All you can hear is screeching tiers and this mad woman laughing her head off.

Crossing my legs is a real give away and something I try to monitor. I do tend to have fairly limp wrists which is so natural I don't realise I'm doing it.

Mind you it doesn't help, when my sister in law walked into our living room and I commented that her shoes were gorgeous! She liked the compliment (I think she suspects, but she's very nice about it).

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I'm very similar to Josie, I too find myself crossing my legs, walking with a slight gentle sway, I often take both my legs out of the car before standing and sitting on the car seat and bringing both my legs into the car together.

Like others, my fingernails are long, manicured and painted in a shiny clear at work. The other thing I do is the way I stand, I can't help it but I tend to put my feet together and tuck my elbows in close to my body, bend my arms at 90 degs but have my wrists limp and my palms facing down ... just like I do when en femme. It's an unconscious trait that I can't seem to stop either in boy or girl mode.
    That pretty much describes me to a T, it's just part of my nature.

Have a couple of times caught myself doing that girly thing of brushing my hair behind my ear with my hand- My male hair is relatively short, too! Force of habit , I guess....

Well, every so often I will slip up and make a female like comment; something like I am becoming fat, or I broke a nail. That is not too obvious so most people ignore it, but the other day I slipped up big time (well, for me).

A woman came through my checkout line and I noticed she was wearing a great pair of espadrilles and I complemented her on them and began to ask her where she bought them, if they were comfortable, and all that. To her credit she did not become all embarrassed, mean, or shocked. She politely told me where she bought them and said that she noticed that they had many larger sizes so they may be able to help me. Boy did my face become red She just smiled and gave me a wink as she left.