Thread: A funny story about my shoes

A funny story about my shoes

I just finished writing about this on my blog, but I thought it was a cute story that might be enjoyed here too.

Just recently my parents came up and stayed with my wife and I for a few days in our Seattle area home before leaving on an Alaska cruise with friends. We always have a great time when they are here, and this time was no different. Since I've come out to them I think we all feel a lot closer.

Anyway, one of the things they both wanted to do was get a couple things to do one of those "formal" photos on the cruise. My dad found an old tux that he had dry cleaned, but my mom really needed a new dress. So we went out shopping. The only thing my dad needed was some new shoes, and my mom needed the dress. We found a beautiful dress for her at Nordstrom. We all fell in love with it instantly when we saw it. But my dad wasn't so lucky - he just couldn't find any shoes he liked.

We were in the parking lot, about to go to another store when he looked at my shoes (some newer Clarks) and said he'd love to find some like mine. So I just offered to let him borrow them if they fit - and they did. A little tight, but he loved them. We were all set!

When we got home my mom tried on her dress and it was gorgeous, but then she pulled out her shoes and they just didn't look as good as the dress did. (I think you know where this is going). So I slipped away and got some of my favorite black heels that have a peep-toe - wondering if they would fit her.

I brought them out and she swooned; she loved them. She tried them on and they not only fit her almost perfectly, but looked so pretty with her new dress. We fixed up the fit problem by adding some of those foam backs in the shoes. She looked so cute!

So they got back from the cruise and now we have this immortalized 'family photo' of my parents together; both wearing my shoes.

It's really funny to have this kind of family secret - and my parents got a real kick out of it too.
    My Transgender Blog - the girl inside

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Very cool story, Mattie! Way to be the hero/ine.

Kathi

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar

Smile Smile! (?) !!

Mattie,
    Cute story and having the pics is priceless,..someplace around here we've got 5 or 6 of those formal pics from the cruise's we have been on and the best part of picking out which ones you like is getting to see everyone elses on the display walls, good cheap entertainment for a week on the water...."Get out there!"
    April
    May the lord know those that don't love us so he may turn their hearts or at least their ankle so we'll know em by their limp.

You take the urban noise with some Durbin Poison.
    Its gonna lessen your load.....

It's a good thing that they knew about your dressing beforehand. I could just see you trying to explain where those pumps came from.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]That's a great story. Did they actually know about your CDing or just figure they sure had a resourceful son.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    It's a good thing that they knew about your dressing beforehand. I could just see you trying to explain where those pumps came from.
    Yes, my thoughts exactly. Way to save the day Mattie, well done

Genetically

Applewise.

Apparently the foot does not fall far from the leg.

Huntress

Oh I came out to them about a year ago, and to my brother and sister just earlier this year. So the whole family knows.

My parents said they were giggling as the photographer was setting up the picture thinking how few parents out there could have a similar story of both being able to wear their "son's" shoes.

I'm very fortunate that they have tried to accept and understand me for who I am.
    My Transgender Blog - the girl inside

Gold Member
    That means that your Dad and Mom can wear each other's shoes. Hmmmm.....

Great Story Mattie! And it wonderful that you can share this with both of your parents and have a good time doing it.

Loved that story dear. I wish my Mom and Dad had the same size feet as me but alas Dads feet are smaller then Moms . I think if Mom and me were the same size she would like to try on a few of my dresses. She loves long dresses and the last one she saw me in she love it . She said it was very cute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)