Thread: Empty handed...

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar

Empty handed...

Got to thinking again and hurt myself....I was reading another thread and something got me wondering about what SA's say/think about those of us that walk out of their store empty handed. If some of us are kinda nervous and decide to bolt without making a purchase does that give the impression of being nervous or maybe the person coming off as perv? I mean c'mon...you summon the courage to walk thru the door then decide its to much to handle and end up making purchases online? When we get over the fear of judgment by willingly forking over hard earned money inside a store for whatever then that to me shows courage but to do it online seems to be the opposite and keeps that fear "rational". So do you think its a bigger stigma to buy and be thought of as brave/courageous CD,TS,TV or not to buy and maybe thought of as just another lurker/perv?.....Me, I just walk down the mall with the shiny bags in tow not really caring who's sees where I've been spending my money.
    You?
    April
    May the lord know those that don't love us so he may turn their hearts or at least their ankle so we'll know em by their limp.

You take the urban noise with some Durbin Poison.
    Its gonna lessen your load.....

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Sometimes I find something cute, sometimes I don't - just like any other woman.

I don't believe that they think I'm a pervert, because I don't act like one. I don't look/act guilty. I don't get nervous. Instead, I smile, look at the things they suggest, try them on, and decide then and there if it's coming home with me or not. Women wouldn't leave the store with something out of obligation, why should we? If a SA spends time with me, and I don't find anything, they know (and I usually say) that I'll be back another time. As much as I shop, they'll eventually make the sale.

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 07-02-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: My nails are getting too long to type properly, it seems.

Why wouldn't an SA simply think a man walking out of their store empty handed just couldn't find what they were looking for, or that they were just looking?

What makes you think that the first thing on their mind would relate to 'perv'?
    DonnaT

QUOTE=Donna Why wouldn't an SA simply think a man walking out of their store empty handed just couldn't find what they were looking for, or that they were just looking?

What makes you think that the first thing on their mind would relate to 'perv'?[/QUOTE]
    Maybe its just me....heck I DON'T KNOW that's why I opened the thread. Its not about me questioning anybody, I asked a HYPOTHETICAL question with two differnt views looking for input not just the perv thing...maybe that's what catches your eye first idk
    Last edited by April Renee; 07-02-2010 at 04:15 PM.
    May the lord know those that don't love us so he may turn their hearts or at least their ankle so we'll know em by their limp.

April, depending how you act as a guy looking for women's clothes for you when you get scared and decide to leave is what the SA will remember. That is, if you decide to leave for whatever reason, fear included, and you politely say to the SA, "I am not interested at this moment and thanks for your assistance", and leave proudly, the SA should not think anything but no sale this time. However, if you get all flustered in front of her, show your fear and then almost run out of the store, then she may think something might not be quite right with you. Good luck with your shopping. Oh, by the way, some girls here shop on-line because they can't find what they want in their size in the walk-in stores and have much better luck on-line.

QUOTE=AllieSF;April, depending how you act as a guy looking for women's clothes for you when you get scared and decide to leave is what the SA will remember. That is, if you decide to leave for whatever reason, fear included, and you politely say to the SA, "I am not interested at this moment and thanks for your assistance", and leave proudly, the SA should not think anything but no sale this time. However, if you get all flustered in front of her, show your fear and then almost run out of the store, then she may think something might not be quite right with you. Good luck with your shopping.
    (Quote) April Renee.......Me, I just walk down the mall with the shiny bags in tow not really caring who's sees where I've been spending my money
    See,...I go shopping. I go and look,buy,not buy,browse..whatever the case might be. I should have just said from the start this was taken from a different thread about VS and not Torrid or LB or Dress Barn. I've read thread after thread about what SA's think about us buying panties and I thought of a different approach when a guy just comes,looks and leaves without anything. Especially at VS, what with all the "Stories" about "I'm buying these for my __" shouldn't be a big deal to someone if they lie about it to make the transaction. Me I don't care, I tell them what I'm looking for and WHO its for. Sure I've left without anything but the SA's sure as hell knew why I was there.
    Oh, by the way, some girls here shop on-line because they can't find what they want in their size in the walk-in stores and have much better luck on-line.
    True and I can see that side but to just purchase things online because of being to nervous isn't helping ourselves be more confident in our self,imho..
    A

Thanks for the clarification of my bad reading and comprehension. I agree that it is much easier to just go in look, get what you want or not. But that fear of first time shopping in a walk-in store for some is a very big obstacle to get over. I see a lot who once they did it a few times ask themselves what the big deal was in the first place. I guess that we all proceed at our own pace, comfort and security level. I had it easy because I always bought stuff for my ex-wife, girl friends and my daughter as she grew up. So buying for me has not been a real issue.

I'm not sure about anyone else on here but I still have my man mentality when shopping, I'll go in looking for a specific item eg I'll say to myself when I'm walking in "I'm going to buy a skirt" so I search through all their skirts and the like and if I don't see what I like then they don't get any money.

I'll admit I do sometimes feel foolish when I'm there and others look at me, but I generally keep my nerves and if I need a little help staying there I tell myself I'm looking for something for my wife, most men do in fact shop for things they would like to see on their wives, I have done on occassion even though she hasn't worn it! Lol

Shopping should be a fun adventure. On Tuesday I went out (boy mode) and hit Lane Bryant, Torrids and JC Penny. I bought something at each...all on sale, but as I hit Lane Bryant first, I had their bag in hand as I went to Torrids and that sort of gave the message....I'm a serious shopper. If you're looking for a little edge, that might help.
    Kristen