Thread: Telling my Sister

Telling my Sister

I am so happy!!!

I had been wanting to tell my sister for a long time about me actually being Jenny. I would have some time ago but she had made a few negative remarks about CD's or transgendered people in the past. This was actually a surprise because she is a lesbian that has come out to her family.

Anyway, I have come out to my wife and to some degree my sons. I think others have questioned in their own mind when they see my shaved legs or other slightly noticeable female traits (nails, brows, etc...) but it is still not coming face to face with a beloved family member and bare your soul for possible rejection. (I was actually shaking a little bit when I said, "Sis, I would like to confide something to you"

Anyway..... after a short conversation and reassurance that my wife and I are solid in our relationship we hugged and and I breathed a hug sigh of relief. It was funny, she said she never even put it togeather???? Doh! I said. Sis, I even had a macho career for 28 years to try to hide who I was inside. She said..."Well yea did"

She had a few questions to get her mind around it, but we ended up having a really general discussion about gender and sexuality..... anyway.... I AM HAPPY TODAY!

Thanks for listening

Good for you. I'm glad it went well
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

Thanks Mirani,,,, Looking forward to future conversations with her now

Sisters, Just when you think you know them they go and surprise you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Glad to hear it all went well
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

good for you. Now if I may ask , how old are you when you told your wife and sis. I was 21 or 22 when I told my family. My sister after that told me about5 years later she is gay too but it took her more time to Come out as it were. I don't have a wife or girl friend but I'm glad yours is ok with it. Have fun with your newly found girl friend sister LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Congrats! Coming out is hard, but you always feel a lot better afterwards. I'm glad it went well for you!
    "It makes no difference whether the voices in their transformations have each other to depend on or not. Smooth them out on the whetstone of the universe (tian), use them to go by and let the stream find its own channels; this is the way to live out your years. Forget the years, forget duty, be shaken into motion by the limitless, and so find things their lodging-places in the limitless." ~Zhuangzi

"everyone here hates everyone here for doing the same thing that they do." - Less Than Jake

Smile

Christina,

I am 55 and sis is 50, she came out as being gay some 10 years ago, but that was really no secret, we all knew and loved her regardless.

I had told my wife ,oh gosh, 25 years or more ago. She is tolorant but would still prefer that it were not so, but also realizes that my being Jenny is what makes me who I am that she loves so much.

Peach,

You are so right about feeling good allowing others know the real person you are inside. I have had a smile all weekend.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Doolittle View Post
    Thanks for listening
    Thanks for telling! We always need these positive reminders that things do go well. Congrats Jenny and you get my best wishes for further smooth sailing.

Congratulations! I wish I could tell my sister, have thought about it often- but am more afraid of burdening her with something that isn't necessary for her to know. I care about her, and it would be really nice if she accepted, but am also scared it could ruin our present great relationship....

Gold Member
    Good for you Jenny. It's a tough thing to come out to anyone, but sometimes a family member can surprise you. I'm glad to see she is supportive.

Thanks, Jenny.

Good for you both! You put a smile on my face and made my day with this post.

ChanDelle

Bass Ackwards since 1991! Allyson Michelle's Avatar
    That's awesome 4 you!

Hey, i think I'm about to come out to my sis as we speak! Im currently txting her about why I've been a loner recently to her.
    I'm not a very religious person, but this quote really got me closer to Him and myself. For I now know the true meaning of who I am.

"But the Lord said to Samuel, Look not on his face, nor on the height of his stature . . . : for [SIZE="3"]the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the mind.[/SIZE]" - (1 Sam 16:7)

I am glad that it went so well for you.
    Michelle

Telling Sister

Jenny Congratulations I know that you will not regret telling your sister

Quote Originally Posted by Rita D View Post
    Congratulations! I wish I could tell my sister, have thought about it often- but am more afraid of burdening her with something that isn't necessary for her to know. I care about her, and it would be really nice if she accepted, but am also scared it could ruin our present great relationship....
    Rita, take your courage in both hands and tell your sister, after years of turmoil I finally told my big sister last year. There was some initial shock, but once I explained it to her, she has been totally accepting and very supportive. How I wish that I had told her years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyson Michelle View Post
    That's awesome 4 you!

Hey, i think I'm about to come out to my sis as we speak! Im currently txting her about why I've been a loner recently to her.
    Hey Allyson,

I hope you have a chance for that face to face conversation.....cause there will be lots of discussion after that text. Might be so much that Verizon stock goes up 2%

Thank you all for the nice comments, There is a reason I invite so many girls I chat with to this forum for good accurate and common sense information. Thank you all!

Bass Ackwards since 1991! Allyson Michelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Doolittle View Post
    Hey Allyson,

I hope you have a chance for that face to face conversation.....cause there will be lots of discussion after that text. Might be so much that Verizon stock goes up 2%
    Yea, I wound up telling her the basics in a 2 page letter, and then I have been talking to her about it for three days now, both in txt and in person. She really understood and was not judgmental at all (thank GOD).
    Last edited by Allyson Michelle; 07-08-2010 at 10:47 PM.
    I'm not a very religious person, but this quote really got me closer to Him and myself. For I now know the true meaning of who I am.

"But the Lord said to Samuel, Look not on his face, nor on the height of his stature . . . : for [SIZE="3"]the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the mind.[/SIZE]" - (1 Sam 16:7)