Thread: Oops, tan lines

Oops, tan lines

So I was dressed around home today and went out to do a liitle light yard work. I can dress around the yard, since it is out of sight of any neighbors.

I didn't worry about the sun, since it was cloudy when I went out in a skirt and sleeveless top. The sun eventually came out, but I still didn't worry too much... If I got any tan at all it would just look like I have a sleeveless T on.

Well, what I hadn't noticed was that at some point a bra strap slipped out from under the top and rested on the outside top of my shoulder. When I undressed to shower later in the day, I suddenly noticed the sunburn on my shoulders with the stark while line where the strap was. The line is so distict that I could even make out where the little plastic ring and clasp for the adjustable strap were resting.

Now I'm going to have to be very careful when swimming or changing around anybody else for the rest of the summer.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Been there, done that!! Fortunately, my late wife was very supportive of my CD activities so there was no problem there. I just had to make sure others did not see those tan lines!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

My wife is supporting, so at least I don't have to hide it from her (which would be impossible). Right now I'm sitting in a spaghetti string top to keep anything from touching the burn, which is starting to hurt. It may be a few days before I can comfortably wear a bra again
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

It's a big problem, I've learned to smear my shoulders and chest with ultra-high SPF sunscreen when I'm laying out by the pool in my skirtini, and to reapply after taking a dip to cool off

Tan lines can take a bit of explaining. As a naturist I don't have any (apart from on my feet under the Y of my flip-flops.)

Teenagers from naturist families have the problem of explaining to friends about the lack of tan lines when in the showers at school, so during those years they often stop being naturist for fear of what their peers may say.

Public acceptance of alternative lifestyles is always an issue.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

lol,

Futher proof supporting the strategy of always having a Plan A, Plan B and a contingency plan...lol

oh, and a bottle of pure aloe juice on hand...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So, are you bragging or complaining?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Tan lines would require a bit if explaining. As far as being a must, I don't agree. If you were in a situation where being outed would be a problem, they are to be avoided. If you don't care, then they can be OK, but I don't see them being a must.

Freddy

no worries - just go out once without a shirt and the strap mark will fade away.
    Michelle

Just an idea:

You could try careful reverse-tan-line painting with some killer sunblock outside the strap lines. Hang out under the noon sun for a while and let the strap lines catch up to the rest of you.

You gotta be careful that you're accurate with your painting or you'll get a 3-D accentuation effect. Yikes, that would suck.

This advice is given without warranty, neither expressed nor implied. Your money will not be refunded in the event of 3-D accentuation of your current condition.

Tan Line Removal Trick

I spend a lot of time out in the sun in a bikini, so I tend to get pretty visible tan lines. Once in a while, it's been inconvenient and I've had to "erase" them - the lines from my triangle top, anyway. Here's a trick that's worked for me in the past.

Go to a tanning salon (granted it's not the healthiest thing to do) and get yourself some time in a stand-up type machine (sometimes they call them a turbo). Buy a packet of tanning accelerator lotion and apply it ONLY to those areas you want to "erase".

You may have to repeat this process one or two more times (just not on the same day). Usually one or two visits makes my unwanted lines either completely vanish, or fade to the point where you'd be hard pressed to see them.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

been there

I didn't get the bra strap line, but the deep vee of my top that needed to be disguised or hidden. The other one was from my girly sandals. That was hard because I wear sandals as a guy much of the summer and the tan lines are very different between the two.

Sun Screen is easy to apply after the shower and can be a life saver in more than one way. Skin cancer is all too common, so take to protect your skin.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Heck, just go back out without a shirt for a few hours and fill 'em in!
    -Sedona

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    Funny i have been running this whole summer so far with a 2 peice bikini deep tan lines atm :P Help me what do i do!!!! I know Wear another bikini! lol Good luck though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties

i dont worry about tan lines anymore. i go to tanning salon 1 time a week . have been wearing ultra tiny g-string that leaves a tiny triangle. was busted out by sis in law wihile swimming. i just said yea cool isnt it,,she was quite surprised and shut up. wife im sure is suspicous b//c i shave rpetty much all over and use tan salon ect. hopefully some day soon i will come clean with her

Smile

I'm lucky I'm 247 so I don't have to worry about it. Just have fun with it. Use your humorous side.

I would love to have tan lines (both top and bottom) but alas the SO is not so accepting!

I love tan lines. Just wear a tshirt when they don;t nee to be seen.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck, hope your situation turns out alright.
    Barbie Girl in a Barbie World
    "loves tights"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am intrigued by the idea of tan lines and may try to get some before summer is over. As Marny said “Just wear a tshirt when they don;t nee to be seen”.

Just call me Amanda GirlieAmanda's Avatar
    God, doesn't tan lines sound wonderful? I would love to put on a very cute bikini and tan myself some very sexy tan lines. I tried to do this for the first time this week and had too much sunscreen on. Oh well. I would just keep them under wraps until they faded or try a bronzer.

and then theres times when the pink fog rolls in and you do something silly...or stupid. I wear a ladies tank top 90% of the time when I'm out in the barn doing chores in the mornings. Well, the shadow lines from the tanks makes it look like they are 'glowing' at the edges since it never gets sun under them. My brilliant fix? For the last 4 days I've worn spaghetti strap tanks out doing the dirty work and the shadow line from the regular tank is gone. However, I now have a spaghetti strap tan line instead of a wide line that might pass for something else...no way the tan lines I have now can be called anything else but feminine...oh well...

Jenn