Thread: The Weather

The Weather

We just had a nasty storm here yesterday (tornado and that fun) and I was wondering if anyone has ever thought "what if a storm took all your clothes for a ride?".. For me, I think of that every spring, and I don't know what I would do if a tornado took my clothes for a spin around the neighborhood.. Guess that's why I am more than a little nervous when the siren was whaling last night.. Part of the reason and yes I do think of my clothes when I am hearing the siren sounding.. Hoping I'll be able to wear again tomorrow, and then the storm misses us, thankfully.. But every spring/summer I worry about that more than losing any other possession, figuring a television would be easier to replace than certain shoes which may not be easy to replace (knowing now what I didn't know then).. I always thought shoes were always in the same fashion.. BUT THEY AREN'T..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Gold Member
    A tornado is not a laughing matter; how ever, your clothes would be among all the others all mixed up with any thing you could think of, like a great big
    cement mixer. Nobody would know if the clothes belong to you or a neighbor
    3 miles down the road. Stay dry and calm. Rader

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carly D.
    I was wondering if anyone has ever thought "what if a storm took all your clothes for a ride?"…
    [SIZE="2"]I haven’t really thought too much about it, even though the tornado sirens wail around here from time to time. Come to think of it, there’s a storm going on right now! If I lost my collection of girly clothes, I would know exactly where to get new ones – sometimes purging is good, but purging by nature isn’t selective. I care more about my sister, my house, my cats, and my mental well-being. It would be funny if my clothes blew away and landed on my neighbor’s house! “Hey – is this YOUR skirt?” [/SIZE]

Don't torture yourself with "what-ifs", because you never know. I recently watched a report about a tornado that destroyed Greensburg, Kansas a few years back. A woman relating the experience said her house was destroyed, but a couple yards away she found her purse intact with the money still in it. Big things were destroyed, but small things were fine. So that could be your favorite shoes after a tornado -- two yards away in perfect condition. And amid all the chaos, who's to notice if those are the first things you reclaim?
    Last edited by Cynthia GG; 07-08-2010 at 12:22 AM.

There was a report on The National (CBC) tonight that had similar threads to what is being reported here. The tornado struck a First Nations settlement in Saskatchewan. Amazingly, nobody was killed or injured, but there were a lot of houses that were flattened or otherwise damaged beyond economical repair.

Material things don't mean much to me, as they are usually replaceable. The real trick is being prepared to get out of the way of natural disasters when they strike. It's not always possible, but there are ways to make survival more likely.

I'd be more worried that a tornado would come through while I was dressed enfemme.
    DonnaT

Donna that is why you wear the proper panties so if the wind lifts your skirt you won't be embarrassed.

I think that if a tornado were to hit I would not be worried about my clothes and where they are. Unless I'm wearing them. I live in earthquake country (had one yesterday), but the last thought on my mind is my Alice clothing. It is all replaceable. Stay safe.