Thread: Working Enfemme

Working Enfemme

Do any of you ladies work full or part time while enfemme? What kinds of job do you think would be possible as a TG girl?

Im thinking of taking a leave from my job and working part time somewhere. Thought it would be a real treat to try it dressed as Jen!

Jen

I am curious how one could get a job enfem with the wonders of technology, and all the back round checks places of employment do on you.

I have given some thought to getting a job enfem, after doing a bit more work on my looks, since being male in our current economy is a bit more of a detriment

I would like some ideas how to do this too.

I have a friend who wants to go full-time but is having a really hard time finding anything en femme, and she's been looking a long time. The odds are long.

In a big company/corporate sort of environment, I think it would be easier for an existing employee to transition than a new hire. Put yourself in the HR person's position -- with a flooded job seekers market, would you really opt for the added complexity and upper management scrutiny of hiring a TG?

In small business, retail, service, etc., I think you have to ask yourself what sort of business wouldn't take a hit because of their customers having to deal with a TG. Put yourself in the business owner/manager's position -- would you hire a TG to serve your customers when it's your bottom line at stake? What would be your motivation, from a business perspective, for hiring a TG over another applicant?

I think there are some HR departments and small businesses that could and would hire a TG, especially if you have a great resume, but finding them ain't easy. Asking yourself these sorts of practical questions might help you identify likely prospects and develop a strategy for convincing someone you would be a good hire.

And yeah, it would be wonderful, if you're ready for that big of a step out of the closet.

Not a real job...however...some local thrift shops use volunteers to staff the store. Think of the possibilities. I am not brave enough yet.
    And a cd friend has a possible gig as manager of one of those temporary Halloween stores. Think of the outfits you could wear.

Well, if it is a fantasy, I'm sure you can find something fun. For example, there is a place called upper canada village which is a historical museum, actually a small town which all the staff, volunteers and some paid guests all dress in period costumes so you could try something like that... or perhaps a bar, adult store, theater would welcome the idea of having someone dressed.
    Chickie

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri View Post
    I have a friend who wants to go full-time but is having a really hard time finding anything en femme, and she's been looking a long time. The odds are long.

In a big company/corporate sort of environment, I think it would be easier for an existing employee to transition than a new hire. Put yourself in the HR person's position -- with a flooded job seekers market, would you really opt for the added complexity and upper management scrutiny of hiring a TG?

In small business, retail, service, etc., I think you have to ask yourself what sort of business wouldn't take a hit because of their customers having to deal with a TG. Put yourself in the business owner/manager's position -- would you hire a TG to serve your customers when it's your bottom line at stake? What would be your motivation, from a business perspective, for hiring a TG over another applicant?

I think there are some HR departments and small businesses that could and would hire a TG, especially if you have a great resume, but finding them ain't easy. Asking yourself these sorts of practical questions might help you identify likely prospects and develop a strategy for convincing someone you would be a good hire.

And yeah, it would be wonderful, if you're ready for that big of a step out of the closet.
    [SIZE="3"]Very good analysis Sherri. Sort of puts this whole idea into proper perspective.

TamaraV, on this forum, works as cosmotologist and hair dresser as the need arises. Maybe she will chime in. Tami passes very well and in her field CDs and TGs seem to be well accepted.

There's an English movie "Different for Girls" about a post op TG who works for a greeting card company and does very well there. It actually is a good movie and treats its subject matter with respect.
    [/SIZE]

Untitled
    This depends if you want to switch between him and her, most employers would find that difficult to deal with, simply because of the logistical nightmare that will cause them.

If you want to work permanently en-femme, then why not live en-femme?

There are lots of us working as we live, its not difficult unless you want to transition in your current employment, difficulties arise there because of past association.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Smile

Yes i work semi en-femme at as refrigeration engineer at a large factory as i just cant turn the woman in me off.usually wearing woman's jeans top and overalls plus makeup and hair,always plenty of comment on people wanting to know am i female or male.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heelsnlegs View Post
    Do any of you ladies work full or part time while enfemme? What kinds of job do you think would be possible as a TG girl?
    Yes, I used to work part time as a girl and part as a man. Now I have stopped pretending to be a man and it's so much better. I am transitioning on the job in a call centre doing remote PC support for customers.

I was taken on as Robert, but after about a year in the job, I was encouraged by a GG who works for my manager's other team to come out as TG. The company has two dress-codes: Mon-Thurs is Business Smart, Fri-Sun is "dress-down". When I came out, they said that I could dress on the dress-down days but would have to revert on the Business Smart days until I began my transition officially.

Now, I wear Business Smart women's clothes from Mon-Thurs and casual women's clothing on Fri, Sat & Sun. I have had so much support from work that it is unbelievable! There is a GG trainer, who I talk to nearly every day and we swap ideas for shopping, clothes, jewellery etc. she even complained to me the other day about her boyfriend not liking to go shopping with her. Not only that, I have discovered that we are both fans of the same soccer team!
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Gold Member
    Cosmetology seems to be a good one.
    I am still in school but to school each day, it is Erin. It is actually a relief on Saturdays when I can go in with my "hair down" as it were. Of course you pay to go to school so what can they say?

I think if someone is serious about transition, then going to work en femme might be the only way but if one is CD, might not want to take it to work.

However, if this is one of those "I want to be out" things then be honest with folks, and a little femmin up might be alright, just don't go crazy with it.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

After 26 years of working as a male I decided to transition on the job and have done just that. Since the first of October 2009 I have been Teri the girl doing the building repairs for my department at the university. My duties are varied as I not only have the physical buildings but as well the sports, human performance, and campus recreation department's equipment and support structures.

It has gone very well and I have to say everyone has been wonderful. There was a concern as to what level was I going to do now that I was transitioning but that was a short lived issue. The same level of work has been the rule and the departments enjoy the same professional (with nails and makeup,LOL).

It's so nice to telecommute. My loving wife has been wonderful about accepting my wearing panties, a cami and other things but I could never openly dress if I were working around others.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

Jen
    The person you want to look up on this member board is Tamarav Ann Valla. She is a male who works full time as a female hair dressers and cosmetologist. She had thousands of posts and has her own web site to learn everything. her tag line signature and web site is below.
    Cool broad she is

I am a licensed Cosmetologist, work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.
    My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com
    Last edited by Megan70; 07-19-2010 at 06:58 AM.

What kinds of job do you think would be possible as a TG girl?

Im thinking of taking a leave from my job and working part time somewhere. Thought it would be a real treat to try it dressed as Jen!
    Allow me to be the voice of reality for a moment.

No offense meant by this, but you are a CD'er, not a TS?
    You have no plans nor desire to live as Jen permanently?
    And you do not plan to stay at this new part-time job for long.

So this would really be nothing more then an "exercise" in being Jen for an extended period of time. Correct?

OK, so as I read this the following things come to mind.

Did you win lotto and work just for the fun of it because you vowed to not quit your job??
    No? Well I didn't think so.

So you are going to "Take a leave" from your hopefully better paying job to "give this a try"??

Were you expecting [in this sorrowful job market] to find any job close to what your making now?
    In fact any job that pays more then 8 bucks an hour and doesn't require using the phrase "you want fries with that"?

And lets say you actually get a job. Yaaaa for you.
    Booo for your new boss that is going to have now waste more time and money to replace you after you leave.
    Does that sound fair to your new "temp" would be employer??
    Does that sound "like a real treat" to them?
    Did you even think about them at all???

So, if you have enough money, or vacation pay coming to cover your time off from your real job [without going broke] then why not just try living as Jen first before trying to get a job as her??

See what it feels to do things like wearing makeup in 100 degree weather
    getting up everyday knowing you can't "take a day off" from yourself
    Quickly finding out that you can't take 4 hours to become Jen, because that just doesn't work in real world unless you like getting up a 3am to do it.
    spending more then an hour standing, walking, running around in heels
    Because those 4" heels will quickly be collecting dust in the closet
    Meeting, greeting, talking, interacting with people even when your not feeling/looking your best.

I can go on, but I think you get the hint.

Being a girl for a day may sound like fun,
    but being a girl everyday takes work.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

I completely miss read the post form Sammy 777.

After reading it again, I see the points they are making, and to an extent finding agreement.

I apologize for that now deleted, disjointed reply.

I thought on speed reading it it was just another "Why would you want to wear such and such and so and so" kinda post that I frankly see too often in other forums.
    Last edited by Pythos; 07-12-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Silver Member
    Huh?

Smile

Sammy777 has some great points. I'm 247 and have been for just over 13 months. Iove it,but you learn real quick that you don't have all day to doll up. And wow choose you're shoes wisely. Now Sammy777 she could volunteer at some places like food banks,the shelters for the Homeless,working with pets,red cross,united way. So there is enthusiastic of ways to accomplish what she's trying to do. And It's a great way to learn what it will take to live to day as a female. She'll learn lot. Go for it. It will make you a better person too.

Hi Jen, I think you need to think about this one as there is only one real way to do it if you aren't going to transition.
    As you are not going to transition and go full time a few "untruths" will have to be told and there are real risks involved for you.
    The best way for you will be to sign on for an agency and expect to qualify for a lower paid job than you are used to to start with.
    You will have to tell them you are going to transition and go full time and would like to be discreet about it to start with.
    Most companies who use agencies expect them to do the background checks for them, part of the service, so you will miss those and the agency also pays your wages hence the lower wage as they take their cut, in the UK you get minimum wage from most agencies.
    But, if you get work and take it, you will be interviewed at the company before you start so you'd better be convincing because the agency isn't under obligation to tell them you are a post-op TS, only if you have, or have had, any criminal convictions against you, so they may not know and it would be very embarrassing for you to get there and be humiliated.
    If you get the job you've been sent for , and its a big if, you then have to fit in and its very easy to be sucked in to the day to day life especially if you're work is good, also remember that women are different to men, they have a different outlook on life, different interests, grumbles and it can be like swimming with sharks and you would have to fit in and keep it up all the time which is very difficult if you're not used to it, very stressful.
    I hope this helps and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy777 View Post
    Allow me to be the voice of reality for a moment.

Being a girl for a day may sound like fun,
    but being a girl everyday takes work.
    and needing to shave twice a day and reapply make-up!
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

[SIZE=4]Since my name was mentioned a couple of times, I thought I might reply. My opinion is that you have to be very comfortable with being dressed to be able to work through a day. Many of my sisters tell me I am really lucky to be able to work dressed daily, but what most people don't really think about is the reality of working. And, luck had absolutely nothing to do with it![/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Your fantasy of being dressed at work gets really thin after a few hours, you can't sit around and just admire yourself in the mirror and solicit remarks from your co-workers on how "good" you look. Work is work.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I dress to work as a Cosmetologist, do piercing, permanent makeup and work as a makeup artist. I make about 20% of what I used to make working as a male but this has been my choice. I planned for it and now do it, simple as that. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Believe it or not, nobody really cares how you are dressed, as long as you don't act like a fool. I have been working dressed for over 4 years and have only had one Hispanic guy give me crap. Generally only the really insecure guys are startled simply because they feel attracted to you then realize that you aren't what they assumed. [/SIZE]
    353 tina 6-14-2010 67 (2).jpg

[SIZE=4]Also, you have to get really comfortable with the work that goes into looking like you want to look. Once you quit worrying about how you look and focus on what it is that you are doing at work, it all just feels like work.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

I am VP of accounting for a big construction and development company. I was living 24/7 as a woman when I started, and began to fully transition during so, yes it can be done. Yup that's me in the avatar.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 07-19-2010 at 02:06 AM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]My opinion is that you have to be very comfortable with being dressed to be able to work through a day.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]Your fantasy of being dressed at work gets really thin after a few hours, you can't sit around and just admire yourself in the mirror and solicit remarks from your co-workers on how "good" you look. Work is work.[/SIZE]
    The only comment I want to make here is that, for me, being able to work dressed as the real me rather than pretending to be a man, frees me to concentrate on my work. As Tamara says, it's not all siting around looking for compliments, its about doing your daily job.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    I am VP of accounting for a big construction and development company. I was living 24/7 as a woman when I started, and began to fully transition during so, yes it can be done. Yup that's me in the avatar.
    Wow, I'm even more impressed with you than before, and I wouldn't have thought that possible.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    I work full time as Jennifer and I transitioned at my job and I used to work part time at the mall enfemme at a womans clothing store.