Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Think That Men Notice If?

Do You Think That Men Notice If?

You go out and wear just one article of womens clothing, say shoes, jeans or a button up top. While I am sure that women notice these subtleties, I doubt that men do, unless it is obviously feminine. Thoughts?

I think you are right. Men tend not to notice a lot of things in general. Most men do not complement women on their clothing selections, their earrings, their shoes, etc....I'm gulity of that. But as Kristen I am always out to point out how much I love your nails, dress, etc.

So putting that fact to use, when I go shopping in boy mode, I always make it a point to look good as a guy...nice polo, dockers, etc., but also have one thing like you described on so that the sales associate would pick up on it. My reason, it helps when I am shopping to avoid the..."what size is she?" question or gives me the serious shopper look and therefore attention I want.

Last night I hit Avenue and Dress Barn of the way home from work. None of my regular gals were in, but I had on a camisole under my shirt. I know the straps show through the shirt, especially in the back. So if a sales associates approaches me from the side or back as I am looking at things, it's right there. It's not blatant, but the straps do bulge through a bit. I have to say, I have never received anything but postive responses when I shop this way. Things like, "hi hun can I help you with any sizing?" "Is there anything I can find for you?" "Let me know if you'd like to try anything on." It has become so much easier.
    Kristen

I agree that men do tend to be a bit more oblivious than women, especially toward other men, but I wouldn't count on not being noticed. If it's something unisex, maybe not, but if it's obviously women's wear someone definitely will notice, imo. But if you're in an anonymous environment, does it really matter? In your hometown environment where people know you I'd say it's a slam dunk someone will notice. I see men and women giving my shaved legs a second look, and they even notice something as subtle as my obviously fem ankle bracelet. Just because people don't stop and stare and point at you with their mouths open in shock doesn't mean they don't notice, and unless you have eyes in the back of your head you might never notice them noticing. So unless you don't care if you arouse suspicion, I say proceed with caution.

Most men wouldn't notice but women would zero in on anything feminine on you.
    Michelle

I'm of the opinion, that most men notice very little other then Boobs, mini skirts, fast cars, and big tools.

(of course it's not all men, and I know it's a stereotype and I know we should never stereotype no matter what side of the fence your one.

I really really do think that many more men are tuning into the nicer softer kinds of things. So I wouldn't be surprised that some guys will notice that the tank top I have on with my bike shorts is a womans and not just by it's slightly more effeminant blue)

Men only notice what an attractive or sexy woman wears.
    I'm sure they don't look at other men unless something obviously stands out as being out of place, like a pink shirt or jeans with lots of design on them.
    I know that I only look at what other women wear when I'm out. I could care less what some guy is wearing!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have worn my suede boots with my drab paints dressed in drab. Now the boots are 4 1/2 in heals and pointed toes. So they are full-fem. No guys ever said anything. Plus I had my nails long and painted for a year and girls always commented on them but the guys...well they noticed them but would only comment on them when they were pink and only to say "Wow pink nails......look good " or something about that . Or they would ask why I had them painted so I would tell them I'm CD. Now remember I'm a trucker and that it's the other truckers at like truck stops are the ones or the customers I was dropping a load to would ask. But I will say the only time men would comment o my nails were when my nails were pink.LOL. Weird EH. Hell you could be dressed fully from the neck down and some men would not notice and most would not even say anything. Just ask some of the bravest of us here that only do that. They are so brave and thats saying something too. It take tons of courage to go out dressed as a women , but to go out partly dressed is a whole new level of courage. Like a black belt level 10 of CDing and going out dressed as a women is level 5. LOL.

People notice thing that they know something about weather its lots of or little knowledge of. The more we go out and the more they see us the better it gets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I've gone to several parties where the only fem item has been heels. Chunky wide heels, but 3" heels nonetheless. It took hours for any of the doods to say anything. All I got was one "why are you wearing girl's shoes?" and I answered "What are you TALKIN about? These aren't girl's shoes." Other guys probably noticed and scoffed, but they never talk to me anyway. The girls like it, and they're the ones I prefer to talk to.

Amazingly, being 3" taller, I have a whole new set of people with whom I can have eye-to-eye conversations. It's a real social experience.

Not noticing and not saying anything are two entirely different things! I like clothes and I've noticed what other men are wearing, in detail, all my life, long before it ever occurred to me to put on a skirt, but it is extremely rare that I have ever commented on what a man is wearing to his face when I'm in guy mode. I can't be the only one; in fact, I'd say that any man who dresses well definitely pays attention to what other men are wearing. Plus don't discount the pack mentality that expects stereotypical behavior and notices aberrations that suggest weakness.

If you go into a Home Depot or mall wearing women's jeans or slippers or whatever, 95% of the guys in there might not notice, but someone will notice. If no one knows who you are it doesn't really matter, but if being seen by someone you know could be a problem, you better think it over. I'm just sayin.
    Last edited by sherri; 07-10-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Why do u ask?

Do u WANT men to notice u?

If so, maybe u need to TRY HARDER!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When I do choose to comment, I always look 'em in the eyes, a smile. Then I either get a soft "Thank you" or a look that says "you dirty ol' man!" When I see a WOMAN dressed, I comment. I see a guy dressed , I keep my comments to myself. Ear rings, for example . . .
    Last edited by anonymousinmaryland; 07-11-2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: the answer was for the wrong question

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    You go out and wear just one article of women's clothing, say shoes, jeans or a button up top. While I am sure that women notice these subtleties, I doubt that men do, unless it is obviously feminine. Thoughts?
    I found out that my male colleagues at work noticed when I would wear a top, or stockings or the like before I came out as TG, but didn't know how to ask me about it.

When I was still pretending to be a man, I would often notice a woman's clothes, earrings, hairstyle or shoes. Most of the time I would compliment them on it too. I guess I could get away with it because I never came across as trying to hit on them.

One time, I complimented a GG in a restaurant where I was staying because she had had her hair done but she was so shy that she ran away and hid for the rest of the evening. It took a lot of work, but before I left, she was making jokes at my expense. About a year later, I went back to the restaurant and she ran over to kiss me hallo.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Men have no idea that womens buttons are on the opposite side...However women have picked out I am wearing a female shirt...GG's notice that kind of thing.

Most men I don't think do notice, and even if they do the majority I don't think would say much about it other than those with pack mentality. It also depends on the item in question. Red nails are hard to miss. One pair of black knee boots with a blocked 3" heel was mistaken for high heel cowboy boots; the other pair with a stiletto style heel I wouldn't have gotten away with.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I agree with the others, men (generally speaking) don't really take much interest in what other men are wearing. Women do notice more, both on men and other women.

Would guys notice if you were wearing just one article of women's clothing you ask? Humm .... well it depends. The last time this happened to me I was in the post office wearing girls jeans and a girls t-shirt, but both were fairly unisex in style and color ... BUT ... I was wearing obvious women's pale blue and white Keds on my feet and before I got out of there I saw two different guys looking and staring at my feet.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I find that many men, like myself, don't even notice when someone gets a haircut, let along an article of clothing that they're wearing. I do think, that those of us that wear just some items of clothing are selfconscience of it, and think the world is looking at us, and feel our bra strap is showing, even if it's under a heavy denium shirt, or our pantyhose is showing, even if our jeans are down to our shoes.

Women on the other hand, they seem to notice every little tiny detail, and pickup things that are out of place immediately

Now aren't we so lucky.

I think men in general don't notice fashion much unless it's obvious that a man is wearing an item that is very girly and then they usually won't say anything to that person - I find that I often notice what women wear and often compliment them when they look especially nice in one way or another and that usually gets my wife to comment to me that I pay too much attention to what other women wear and I guess she might be more accepting of my CDing if I didn't look better than she does - oh well, if you got it be proud to show it off - enjoy - Ellen

Oddly enough, I've found that although men don't notice nuances that have to do with dress they are by-and-large more often to notice that I'm transgendered than girls are. I guess it's because they tend to be more likely to be attracted to women, so maybe they notice slight differences in our bodies more easily.

I would say that the average man in the street would not notice or if they did would not bother about it , it is the odd few ******** that are looking for something or someone to pick on that will let you know they have noticed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Men Notice?

On my way to Sparkle 2010, this morning I took the opportunity to call at a caravan centre and to collect some pre ordered items. I was dressed fully en femme, albeit crop pants, and flat sandals, full facial make up, but no wig. The SA was male as were most of the other customers. If anybody noticed they did not react in any way.

[SIZE=2]Just an observation but......, the last time I checked, most in here are still men..aren't they?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]If your speaking of men that don't crossdress, etc.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Then I'd say many men (but not all) notice much more than many in here think they do......the difference with them being.... is they don't usually say anything about it to your face..or keep it to themselves.... whereas a woman (but not all) would likely comment on it directly to you..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Silver Member
    Agreeing with the general consensus that most men do not notice "fashion" items as much as GGs - no matter who is wearing what! Isn't it very strange that Fashion Designers seem to "barrow" items every season from the male wardrobe - ie "boyfriend" shirts, sweaters, jackets, etc, including some womens suits, pants, cargo shorts, watches, shoe styles, and even haircuts that could be either gender! Never too many negative comments if a woman wears anything "manly", but if a guy who is comfortable wearing a bit of feminine is noticed - the mob is ready to run him out of town!

Well, today was a "test" day.
    I went shopping with my wife and here I was in my girl jeans, femme sneakers and tank top, rings, bracelet and 4 earrings. I never even got one odd look from a man. I never looked to see if the women noticed as I was busy critiquing their outfits...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Gold Member
    If you want men to notice you, just wear a skirt and nylons. Men love nylon.

Would they notice things otherwise? Maybe.

Not normally would they say anything unless it is someone like my illiterate neighbor who is a fatso and needs to be sent to a fat farm on the short yellow bus.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.