Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would You Go All The Way?

Would You Go All The Way?

Hello all, hope everyone is good! I was just wondering how many of you would go for full reassignment if it was feasible? What are some of the things that hold you back if you are thinking about it?

Thanks!
    *Jenny*

With my current circumstances, I would never consider it even if it was feasible. Happily married for 20+ years, great son. Wife is currently supportive of what I do, would like more, and moving in that direction, but overall very happy and satisfied with my male life.

Hi Jenny! I would consider going thru full reassignment but what would definitely hold me back would be my children and how their friends would react...I personally would not mind, but I do have to consider my family...what about you?

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    It's not my path. But everyone probably knows the joke:

Q: What's the difference between a transvestite and a transsexual?
    A: Three years.

Jenny

i would indeed go through the entire reassignment. i think about it a lot as i don't enjoy being male. i do not like erections and i utterly hate the body hair i have to constantly shave. what holds me back nothing but those dead presidents. the mean green thats my only hurdle. if i had the cash i would indeed become fully woman. i simply adore that shape and lust for it daily. because i do not feel i am a man and do not like being in this male body but desire that female body.

Yes I will have it done some how. For me its all about paying for it & I have heard the IRS will now let u use your IRA for this. I am checking this out & if so & still have enough left after everything has gone to hell, I will be making my appointment.

Hugs to all......................Janelle

Nah, I like being a real-life shapeshifter, moving back and forth between the genders...

nope and it is feasible

I crossed this bridge mentally several years ago. While I will live full time as a woman again (I did several years ago) I won't do SRS. Its not for me. I really don't want to give up either gender and Ive come to grips with living and switching back and forth

I would love to but I think it is too late in my life to do so. I am 43 and have a family. I couldn't give that up but if not for that, I would have transitioned in my early 20s. I guess you can't have it all?

No, because of loved ones, and I would have concerns about being able to make a decent living.

But while I'm not saying I would trade what I have (again, loved ones) for the life of a TS, if I had discovered all this in my 20s there's a good chance I would have transitioned to full-time, I'm pretty sure of that. I can absolutely see taking hormones and having implants, maybe some cosmetic surgery, but I kinda doubt I would have ever done the complete SRS thing. I kinda like gender bending in that regard. And again, I think a young TS would have to be deadly serious about advanced education (masters, phd) and career in order to avoid the difficulties some gurls contend with.

IF.

IF I had stayed single, and IF I have remained a non parent I might have gone down that road, but.... I'm not single, and I have a daughter so... I remain 'male' for life.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JennyBaby View Post
    ...if it was feasible?
    Practical feasibility is the minor issue, it's the easy part. Anything is possible, always. Whether or not you can make that decision based on your own circumstances is the difficult part. Feasibility is a red herring, dealing with the human consequences of a decision of this magnitude is the most, most important thing to manage. It can't be done without pain somewhere.

To answer the original question, yes, I would and have.

Sarah

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Yes......
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by KendraGreen View Post
    I would love to but I think it is too late in my life to do so. I am 43 and have a family. I couldn't give that up but if not for that, I would have transitioned in my early 20s. I guess you can't have it all?
    Did I change my name and move to Canada??? Pretty much exactly my situation. Still, I'd do it in a heartbeat if the circumstances were there.

BTW, love the word "reassignment". Makes the whole thing sound so easy...as in, "OK Ms. Sara, your reassignment is now complete."
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Gold Member
    I would do it...ONLY if I could change back...and forth....and back...and forth!!!!! I like both sides too much to sacrifice either one.

[SIZE=3]Well that's like a no brainer for this girl. ABSOLUTELY, FOR SURE, WHERE DO I LIKE SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE?. I hate this body and the society driven lifestyle or wutever I've had all my life because of being a boy based on the equipment I had at birth. Nobody asked me. Outside of like the last 3 years of finally living my life for myself and being true to myself, it sucks. What holds me back...a very simple answer....money...money....money.[/SIZE]

I went to counseling. To start the process. I made a decision to oh do the top end. Not that I like being a male I don't. The decision is based on the the known problems that come eith the changes. Ie. Suicide rates,job losses. So I went 247 a year ago. Getting ready for name change. I hope the court let's me change my name. Then I will strt getting ready for breast implants. You have to make your own decision for your life. Just make sure you understand everything 100%. It's critical good luck.

I don't know

I do admit that I feel that I would be better off if I were born female instead of male. But I think I have explored my feminine side enough to day that I need SRS to be whole.
    It is a nice idea but I believe that I need more time experiencing my feminine side before I can determine what I really need even if I had all the money and support in the whole world.

I'm with Sherri - if not for familly and having to support 3 university students...I would jump at the chance.

Hi Jenny,

Yes, I would go all the way in a heart beat.

In fact, that only things that are holding me back right now are a relationship which is nearing an end and permission from my doctors after my recent medical issues.

OMG I'm in.. where do I sign up?

Hopefully there is no waiting. Tell me where and I'll leave now, I can be there tomorrow if they'll do it right away. The sooner I get this birth defect fixed the happier this girl will be
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    If feasable, I would do i in a heartbeat. The problems are family, job and well, I look like a guy, and would not be particularly attractive as a female. Besides, my wife would Kill me!

if you want something bad enough, anything is feasible..

i'm at the shore with my family, including my kids..i would have said this is not feasible only a couple yrs ago....

feelings of overwhelming lonliness, depression and dysphoria caused me to reconsider what was really feasible and i found that desperation was a really good counterpuncher to all my excuses and fears..

btw nobody commits suicide because they transition...they kill themselves because they can't or fail to transition...

I am going forward with it and the biggest hold up for me will be the finaces. For me it has gotten to the point of I need to me and the switching back and forth is very tiresome plus confussing as to who knows, who doesn't, do they know me as this person or the other.. I just need to be ME, one gender. I do not see myself as a man, I am very comfortable as a woman and it has gotten to the point of I DON'T care who knows, I need to be ME. My SO is not very excited about it, kids know and soon the rest of the family will know and I'll end up an orphan.

I have built up a support system with friends who know, my SO is willing to stick with me through this although we will be more or less seperated, one child lives near me and understands what it is and there will be more changes to come. I have given it considerable thought, going through counseling at this time and I will take it one step at a time.

We each must decide for ourselves what is best for our own situation, for me it needs to be one or the other and I need to be me.

Sandra Dunn

The ride begins this fall

happy with me

when i was alot younger i had consided it through my self doubting and confusing years but as i got older have become comfortable with who i am but do know how hard it can be some of my closest friends know thats all i need