Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airline Travel - fear of being outed by TSA

Airline Travel - fear of being outed by TSA

The employer occasionally sends me out of town on business. This has always seemed to be a prime opportunity to spend hours dressed except for the possibility of getting caught going through airline security.

Last week was such an event but having read some of the experiences here, I decided WTF... Packing my bag the night before I threw in a skirt, blouse, half slip, bra, and panties for the entire trip. Oh and a makeup kit & cotton chemise with lace bodice. The only concession I made was to select a wire free bra. Seemed the rest of the stuff wouldn't show up on the X-ray but I didn't want any tell-tale double U's to show. Turns out I only have one... (must acquire more!) Thought I'd included a garter belt & stockings but apparently not and there wasn't room to bring the heels.

Outbound security screening was a breeze. No one raised an eye. Returning home was a bit more complicated as I was randomly selected for secondary screening (a pat down search). Again, no big deal. The pat down cost me a total of 15 seconds (then again I'm wearing shorts (underdressed with a VS hipster) and a T-shirt so there isn't a lot to pat down. Again, no big deal. But then TSA is just A Security Theater anyway.

Bottom line... Don't sweat the security! Traveling? Take her a long too! (at least it worked for me this week).

I'm thinking about flying out to see a girlfriend in Nebraska in the spring. I am a little nervous about packing as well. It will be hard to explain my breast forms to a TSA offical. My parents travel a lot and they said the TSA personally goes through their suitcases every time. Is that how it is, or my parents just have bad luck?

Quote Originally Posted by CDinDayton View Post
    I'm thinking about flying out to see a girlfriend in Nebraska in the spring. I am a little nervous about packing as well. It will be hard to explain my breast forms to a TSA offical. My parents travel a lot and they said the TSA personally goes through their suitcases every time. Is that how it is, or my parents just have bad luck?
    You don't have to explain anything to the TSA unless you have some kind of contraband in your suitcase. The TSA goes through almost every bag even the checked bags that go through x-ray. You aren't doing anything wrong or illegal.. don't sweat them seeing any of your stuff.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Smile

Wow not sure how I would handle that. I hate flying. I guess I can stand in front of my small town doc dressed enfem I could handle it. I would be nervous as hell. Being the feds have a better tolerance for the GLBT community it should be ok. The main thing would be the breast forms im a 44dd. See them handle them babies LOL.

while I dont work for the TSA, I do the same job at an australian airport and basically if you are flying, all the restrictions apply to your carry on baggage ie liquids and gels etc. If you put your forms, wigs, heels etc in your checked bags, you wont have a problem other than maybe something damaging your forms as those bags can be tossed around by the baggage handlers

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    I'll only have a few fem items in my luggage tomorrow. I'll be wearing the rest ~ my first flying en femme. Other ladies here have said that even that's not a problem with the TSA.

TSA was Polite

Good Morning,
    A couple of weeks ago, I was traveling and I took packed my breast forms, a wire bra, a corset (with steel boning) and some boots with very high heels. One of the items caused the TSA agent to ask me to open my bag. He was initially surprised by the breast form and asked me what it was.
    I said, "it is a breast form". He then asked, "Is it yours?" and I said "yes". He then looked at my other clothing and said it was OK to go on.
    He did not bring attention to me or say anything mean. I was actually a little excited by the close call that really was not a close call.
    On the way back, I just checked the bag but, I could have taken it through.
    Go ahead and travel with clothes -- it is worth the trouble and then you can relax en fem in your hotel.
    Hugs,
    Connie

Gold Member
    My parents travel a lot and they said the TSA personally goes through their suitcases every time. Is that how it is, or my parents just have bad luck?
    What they are probably talking about is when your suitcase is turned in and goes into the back area, they will inspect many of them. When they are done, they slip a card in stating that they inspected it. So what is the risk? There is none since you won't be there looking at them when they do it. I guess it could be awkward if you put your name on it and a good friend is a TSA screener.

Friends; TSA has only a few seconds to look you and your bags over they do this thousands times a shift and after the second day they don't pay any attention to what they are doing it becomes automatic. So if you had anything that sets off the alarms you are free to go, they don't want the paper work. Enjoy flying girls.

TSA will go through your luggage if something appears to raise flags. When my son travels with his electric toothbrush, it will go off in the luggage sometimes and TSA will open the luggage. I have flown with a ton of female stuff in my bags and never been questioned about it. What is TSA going to do if they find breast forms? Tell you they illegal contraband for the flight. NO! They might look a little strange but they don't know you and will never see you again. So who cares if they get a laugh about your luggage contents.
    Michelle

If you look in the Out and About section of this forum, you will find countless posts by myself and others that actually FLY dressed. It really is no big deal. The TSA is NOT the monster everyone makes it out to be. They have a job to do, a reasonably hard job and with a hell of a lot of responsibility if they get it wrong, but they are well trained and professional. They are specifically trained in dealing with TG's and will treat you well. Just use your common sense when it comes to what you wear and how you appear. Show up dressed like Little Shop of Horrors and you will have trouble, but then so would a GG trying to fly like that. Dress reasonably conservative, smile, don't try and lie to or mislead the TSA in any way, and you will be just fine.

Ditto what Kimberly just said. I haven't done it as often as she (which seems to be at least weekly) but I have done it without any problems.

I look at it this way: the best way to explain breastforms is to wear them. Then the TSA will know that they are yours and what they are used for

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by LeannL View Post
    I look at it this way: the best way to explain breastforms is to wear them. Then the TSA will know that they are yours and what they are used for
    That's it in a nutshell, the best solution.

But if that's not possible for some reason, fyi I have researched the TSA regs and breastforms are on the list of things that CAN be packed in your carry-on luggage. As for the rest of the gurl stuff, just make sure your gels and liquids meet TSA regs for carry-on, put the rest in your checked luggage and quit worrying about. I can't figure out what "outed by the TSA" means anyway. To me, worst case scenario, "outed" is not "outed" if no one around me knows me.
    Last edited by sherri; 07-11-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    Thank You Sherri!

I was really wondering if I should bring foam forms (ugh) in case I have a hard time with silicone. It's good to know I can say "check the regulations. They're OK."

Besides, who would be stupid enough to send a cd with forms with contraband/bad stuff in them? You'd send a woman with a mastectomy so there's no easy way to tell. Sending a cd would be like entering a parrot in a dog show and hoping no-one would notice.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri View Post
    . . . . I have researched the TSA regs and breastforms are on the list of things that CAN be packed in your carry-on luggage. . . .
    Yes, they are technically considered a prosthetic "medical" device and are exempt from the ban on gels in carry ons.

Flyen pretty is the way to go, wear all your extra things you feel you need. Wearing a camie, blouse and capries and no make up (uck, but no choice in the matter) TSA didn't say a word. It was still fun and relaxing and if the chance comes around again, I will be better prepared to deal with the makeup issue. Maybe I will look better, coming a hole lot closer to looking the women I want to be. I got a few looks from GG's, a few cold shoulders, a few double takes but overall mostly a look and oh ok and went along with their business.

Hugs,
    Alice

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeMeg View Post
    Thank You Sherri!

I was really wondering if I should bring foam forms (ugh) in case I have a hard time with silicone. It's good to know I can say "check the regulations. They're OK."
    YW sweetie. Yes, foam forms are yucky, 'specially if they were your only option on your trip. That would be a spoiler. Wish I was going with you. Have fun!

Tsa

Just be careful, flying out of Fort lauderdale last month some one at the aiport helped them selves to some panties and a wig from my checked bag. This happened on Southwest.
    Hugs Phyliss

It seems like every time I fly, my checked bags get tossed. I am a very neat and efficient (read tight) packer, and I can tell when my careful arrangement has been disrupted. I don't know if I'd trust my forms to their tender mercies.

I respect the mission of the TSA, and the officials I have personally dealt with have generally been polite and helpful. But I think the baggage inspectors should be more careful with the possessions of law-abiding travelers.

Lallie

PS: Only once have I gotten a TSA "greeting card," for the numerous times my bags have obviously been checked.
    Time for a change.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Remember the display the TSA used to have up right after 9-11. It had stuff in there like scissors, nail clippers and a CHAIN SAW! I don't remember an underwire bra or breast forms being in there so I think we are ok

I have flown several times without incident. However, you should be prepared for the pat down.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    In theory according to the TSA regulations, if you are taking your forms on-board, then you should be putting them in those little clear bags for carry-on liquids/gels and getting them put through the x-ray machine; TSA regs say they are allowed but also give that procedure, if I recall correctly.

I haven't gone flown through USA since before "9/11" so I do not have any relevant experience with TSA.

I have worn my forms on Canadian domestic flights maybe a dozen or so times now, and it has not been a problem. I usually have little or no metal (beyond regular zippers) so I usually just walk through the metal scanner and they have no reason to pat down. One of the more recent times, my larger belt buckle set off the metal scanner; they did a pat-down, touched the outer edges of my silicone forms with the backs of their hands and went on. My last outbound flight they did the random gas chromatography check on my bag (big purse) which has regularly carried my forms, and no alarms were raised.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss Hdson View Post
    Just be careful, flying out of Fort lauderdale last month some one at the aiport helped them selves to some panties and a wig from my checked bag. This happened on Southwest.
    Hugs Phyliss
    Perhaps you weren't the only CD...

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    ...I don't remember an underwire bra or breast forms being in there so I think we are ok ...
    In theory we are, but I'm not sure about practice. I'd hate to get to my destination with a punctured form!

Lallie
    Time for a change.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

Airline travel, fear of being outed by TSA

I have flown enfemme and have had zero problems. I have worn breast forms through security and they do not give me a second look. Most of my clothes in my bag are fem clothes and so what. At last check clothes are not on the banned list. I am with TXKimberly, fly enfemme and have a great time with it. I checked with the airport security about this and they assured me that there is absolutely no problem and if it ever is a problem to ask for a manager. My ID is male but they can put it together to see that I really am the person on the ID.

How will this be affected with the new body scanners that are coming into place at a lot of the airports?
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.