Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What don't you like?

What don't you like?

What is it about fulfilling the role of a man that you don't like so that you have the need to emulate a woman by dressing, looking and acting like one? Is it really that important and would the "world come to an end" if you gave it up? Inquiring minds, especially some SO's and others would like to know.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Smile

I've never felt manly. And yes I am a much better person now than I've ever been. My personality matches my true feelings now. And my looks. And yes if I had to go backwards it would be devastating for me at least! Everyone is different and should be. That's ok. I'm living my life to the fullest. My wife I have now loves me for me. She loves Carrie Ann. She would hated Carey. Like she told me she wouldn't married me if I still acted like I did in my first marriage. So no going backwards for me ever!

Now, I'm never going to try it in femme mode either but I can't stand the fact that I'm expected to always be the aggressive one in my efforts to find love. I was hanging out with my longest lasting girlfriend for months before she finally threw herself at me in hopes of a response. I'm either oblivious or terrified, every girl I was ever with made the first move. I wasn't with many.

One time I was on a date when the girl just stopped everything and asked me if I was gay.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

There is nothing about fulfilling my male role that I don't like. The only thing I don't like is that we are so limited in our manner of dress and actions. We are raised to be competitive in everything we do. We are told that boys don't cry, don't be a sissy and be tough and strong. Well all that's fine, but we are not taught to be sensitive, caring, loving nurturing and all the good traits of women. I admire, adore and respect women as much as I have lusted for them, loved them and cared about them. So much so that for me to emulate them seems like a natural thing to do for me. I like being male with some if those same traits so much so, I like to dress and act like a woman as much as I love being with a woman.

Well the world certainly wouldn't end, but I might! I am the sum total of my femininity and my masculinity. There for I would be someone else, not me.

Having said that here are two things that get confusing.

I hate it when I'm being a guy and have helped a friend with something.. as a reward and then they offer me a beer.

On the other hand, I really hate it when I'm out being a girl, my friends never offer me a beer.

Plain and simple, my guy life is a rat race. I work from 7:30am till 9:00 or 10:00pm, just trying to support my family and I am falling behind at that.

When I get time to be Raychel, it is like a short time when I can just be a spectator instead of one of the rats.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

When I was a small child (around age 5) in the Appalachian coalfields of West Virginia, I remember sitting on the floor watching most of the males in my life sitting at a table drinking, smoking and doing and saying other "manly" stuff of the day. I said in my mind, right then and there, that I was not going to grow up and be like them.

Not that they were bad people, but that, that was not the life I wanted. I specifically chose to take the strong women of my life as my role models, rather than the males. That was just my choice.

It had nothing to do with crossdressing at the time, as I had not started yet, but it did set the precident for it. By the time I was 7 or 8 I had, by curiosity, started putting on my mothers dresses and of course I was hooked. The crossdressing was just another additional facit of my desire to be like the females in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    .....Is it really that important and would the "world come to an end" if you gave it up?.....
    Of course it's "that" important for me to identify with those I want to identify with. If I couldn't emulate women, I would be a shell of a person, with out history or past. That's just who I am. It may not have always been that obvious to others, but it was always there, nonetheless.

If I couldn't be as open with it as I am, it wouldn't go away, it would just go back into the closet and I just am not going to live my life that way.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Aspiring Member

People who don't try to answer their own questions...

What is it about fulfilling the role of a man that you don't like so that you have the need to emulate a woman by dressing, looking and acting like one? Is it really that important and would the "world come to an end" if you gave it up? Inquiring minds, especially some SO's and others would like to know.

It's not about rejecting anything, it's about discovering that you can do something else - too - and liking it well enough to repeat the behavior.

If there's any "need" to that, it's the need to live your own life and to do the things you want to do.

For example, I like snow skiing, but I live near the beach. Where I live has nothing to do with my liking snow skiing - too, but I do.

Some part of MY world would come to an end if I couldn't do what I want. I could live without some things, but I'd know something was lacking...

Some inquiring minds and some SOs have a "knee jerk" reaction to CDing that clearly presupposes a narrow and rigidly defined view of human life.

Less fun to be them...
    Last edited by mklinden2010; 07-11-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Aspiring Member

Keep it Simple

I wouldn't mind being a man half as much if I just didn't have to hear them talk. You could distill most male conversations down to three subjects

1-Something negative about their spouse (or ex)

2-Sports

3-Sex

Almost any other subject strains their ability to comprehend

Danielle

To me, that question feels like, "What is it about vanilla ice cream that you don't like so that you have the need to eat chocolate?"

Nothing. Nothing at all. I like vanilla ice cream. It's just that sometimes, I'd rather eat chocolate instead, thank you very much.

(That makes my answer seem a bit flip, but honestly, it really disturbs and annoys me when a false dilemma is presented. The argument, "You only want to dress as a woman because you hate masculinity, or at least an aspect thereof" is a damaging argument, and simply not true. At all.)

Would the world end? No, it would just suck more. Just like if they took chocolate ice cream away.

What don't you like?

as a women I get to look beautiful, and wear all those prety things, and the silks and the heals are to kill for.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Gee View Post
    I wouldn't mind being a man half as much if I just didn't have to hear them talk. You could distill most male conversations down to three subjects

1-Something negative about their spouse (or ex)

2-Sports

3-Sex

Almost any other subject strains their ability to comprehend

Danielle
    Very well said Danielle. But let me add that men tend to talk negatively about women in general. As if they are second class citizens only good for sex and cleaning the house. That bothers me a lot.

Even if it were possible to deconstruct the socio-cultural expectations and behaviorial patterns of the western world--the world into which I was born--I think that I would still want to be a woman. However, that construction is solid and its manifestations are persistent, and in my lifetime it will not be undone. Therefore, I am even more inclined to move into the female world.
    I have managed to live a very fulfilling life as a man, and I have not begrudged or been saddened or desperate about that. Nor have I accepted and adopted most of the behaviors that I find despicable. There are many behaviors and attitudes about male life that I do not like nor have I aspired or succumbed to them. Generally, I find that men are far too willing to be sloppy, slovenly, and lazy--in the name of manliness or machismo. OF COURSE THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS--MANY MEN WHO ARE NOT SLOPPY, SLOVENLY, OR LAZY.
    Look at restrooms. Look at men's behavior at sporting events. Play cards with men or participate in any "stag" event. Listen to the talk: demeaning of women, demeaning of other men, glorying in one-upsmanship, etc.
    That's some of what I don't like and never have liked and have disassociated myself from.
    Last edited by linnea; 07-11-2010 at 11:22 AM.
    warmly, Linnea

I don`t think that there is anything in particular that i could say i don`t like is is just that i am not particularly that good at being one, i enjoy acting and dressing as i do because that is how i feel and can not really say that i am trying to emanate anyone , and if i had to give it all up , yes it would be the end of part of my world but life would go on just bit a bit more sadder .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

The obvious ones are not being able to wear pretty skirts, tops, dresses, shoes, jewelry, polished nails and makeup whenever I want to and to wherever I want to.
    I dislike the assumption that because I am a male that I will do repairs, take care of "fixing" things, make sure the cars are maintained, like to "sit around drinking beer, bragging about conquests, shooting the 's..t", etc.
    A great many males are just not very interesting and are very limited in their interests and are, to be frank, "boorish". Of course, the same could be said for many women. I much prefer "genteel" people.
    Hugs, Carole

For me, it's not really a matter of not wanting to play the role of a man. I am comfortable in that position, and on another thread, someone asked if you could magically be transformed would you, and I said no. I'm happy with my life now, marriage, wife, enjoy most of the "manly" functions.

So, for me, the attracting is not to emulate or become a women, its more of an attraction to the clothing, the feel of the undergarments, and the pleasure of wearing them, when I can. I don't go out in Femm, will wear womans undergarments under my daily mans work attire, but thats about it.

Would the world come to an end? No.
    Would I be disappointed, and a piece of me missing if I could no longer wear articles of womens clothing? Yes.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I've tried for years to change peoples expectations of me and what I can do, but they still end up expecting me to fix things, be the stern, hard-nosed decision-maker. In some families the woman is the one that gets that laid on her, so would that change? Probably not. My wife, her sister and her sister's daughter are bigger sports fans than I am, but they all love children and babies much more than me as well.

Would I not have to scratch where it itches, or not pass gas if that's what my body needed to do? If I was proud of something I'd accomplished wouldn't I still want some recognition? Okay, I'd probably go about these things in a different manner, but that's it. I don't think my world would change significantly, only transform a little, bending here and there to better fit the new circumstances and expectations of how things would get done.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    What is it about fulfilling the role of a man that you don't like so that you have the need to emulate a woman by dressing, looking and acting like one?
    Having tried for best part of half a century to fulfil the role of a man, I came to the conclusion that I was an abject failure at that. I'm not much good at talking about sport, no good at all at talking about sex or at denigrating women. I feel more at home relating to women - but even in that I was looked on as a kind of "big sister" whilst I was trying to pretend to be a man When a bloke talks about a great evening down the pub getting drunk, I just don't understand the attraction.

I am not trying to emulate a woman, I am trying to become the woman that I have always known myself to be.

When I was trying to pretend that my body wasn't some cruel joke of nature, I would get compliments from GG's along the lines of "You're just like the big sister I always wanted to have" or "You'll make someone a wonderful wife one of these days" or "It's easier to talk to you than to a man" or even "Why are you wearing a suit? You'd be much more comfortable in a dress".

Is it really that important and would the "world come to an end" if you gave it up? Inquiring minds, especially some SO's and others would like to know.
    In my case, if I hadn't decided to accept who I really am and do something about it, the world would literally have come to an end for me. I got to the stage where it was only my compassion for those who would have to deal with the aftermath that prevented me from ending my life.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I look at this form a view that I'm a man but doesn't mean I have to do everything mascueline I just do whatever makes me happy so if it's watching football and drinking beer with my buddies one day, and dressing up fully Enfemme the next, I don't crossdress to hide away my male side for a few short hours, I can't lie though dressing enfemme does have it's own perks but If I had to give up crossdressing, life wouldn't end for me You gotta do makes you happy but everybody is different in there own way, but personaly I never started crossdressing so I can suppress my Mascueline side and open up to my feminine side I dress up because it's who I am and it's What I do.

There's nothing about my male body or life that I don't particularly like, but I am without a doubt a much happier and contented person when in femme mode, more tolerant and patient, and generally more at peace with myself.
    Would the world end , no but I don't know if I would survive for long without my dual personna.

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    There is nothing about fulfilling my male role that I don't like. The only thing I don't like is that we are so limited in our manner of dress and actions. We are raised to be competitive in everything we do. We are told that boys don't cry, don't be a sissy and be tough and strong. Well all that's fine, but we are not taught to be sensitive, caring, loving nurturing and all the good traits of women. I admire, adore and respect women as much as I have lusted for them, loved them and cared about them. So much so that for me to emulate them seems like a natural thing to do for me. I like being male with some if those same traits so much so, I like to dress and act like a woman as much as I love being with a woman.
    Amen, Brandy!

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    Very well said Danielle. But let me add that men tend to talk negatively about women in general. As if they are second class citizens only good for sex and cleaning the house. That bothers me a lot.
    Wow! You mean I should expect cleaning the house AND sex??

Aspiring Member

One is not better than the other...

I don't see why bashing men is necessary to express a preference for women's clothing, topics about fashion and cooking, relaxing, bob sledding, going hunting, rock climbing, etc.

As noted earlier, the preference for chocolate or vanilla over strawberry ice cream is a personal choice - and it can be a very close call. Either way, you can probably live with any of those choices if you have to... But, if you have a choice, then do what you please. Make the world a better place by being happy.

There are women, as I read these posts and am reminded of them, who would prefer to be a man, or, to at least have the "man's" role in a lot of things. They can't see the difference it makes a lot of times who is male or female, but who has the better mind or aptitude for what needs to be done.

You want to wear a dress at home, around the neighborhood, or, on the plane, that's up to you. Your path will probably be easier, however, if you accent the positives of your choices - and encourage everyone's right to chose - than if you spend your time attacking "their" choices.

Live and let live... Pass it on.

PS

Many women speak negatively of men, AND, of other women. They too curse, lie, cheat, trash bathrooms, etc.

Poor behavior is not a gender thing, nor is regarding such things as poor behavior a gender thing.

There are good people and bad people of all faiths, colors, and genders.

Chose the good, whenever you can.

Thank YOU.
    Last edited by mklinden2010; 07-11-2010 at 07:39 PM.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    What is it about fulfilling the role of a man that you don't like so that you have the need to emulate a woman by dressing, looking and acting like one?
    One of the things I don't like much about "fulfilling the role of a man" as you put it, is the expectation to be the provider. I've always seen that as a pressure I'd rather not have. However it isn't (to almost quote your post) "something that I don't like so that I have the need to emulate a woman". My emulating a woman is about my need to feel feminine, not so much about wanting to try to look and act like a woman because of disliking something about being a man. However coincidentally, when I do that (emulate a woman) I do feel feminine and it thus makes me happy, relaxed, and fulfilled If I were to attempt to stop (which I won't) I absolutely know that suppressing my dressing causes me unhappiness, stress, anxiety, and irritability. I know this because that's how I felt when I tried before (about 8 years ago).
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Thnigs I hate???

As others have said I hate that as men we're expected to be the strong ones... I recently had someone check my car because the power steering belt came off (not that much of a manly guy I'm not into cars) and he said he was going to put "un-driveable" on the listing because it wasn't going to be able to be properly driven by a woman until we got a new power steering pump fitted! He said I'd still be able to drive it, but don't let my wife try it.

As Chloe i get to be comfortable within myself. It's not really that I'm trying to dodge my male responsibilities or my responsibilities as a husband, it's that 1) It's harder to just give up than some people seem to think it is. 2) Why should we have to give up something that makes up part of who we are? That's why purging doesn't work... you try to get rid of temptation but that part of you will always remain no matter how hard you try.