Thread: Kansas City and back

Kansas City and back

I had to make a quick overnight trip to Kansas City on business. The first 10 hours was stretched to 14 or so due to the DSW's scattered along the highway I stopped at two of those, plus a mall, Target and Payless.

Today I made the return trip, but was able to squeeze in a quick enfemme shopping excursion this morning prior to my business engagement. Almost the entire time was spent at a Dress Barn. It was successful, yielding a cute and sophisticated outfit consisting of a pinstriped jacket, bright red top underneath, and a black pencil skirt. I need to visit another DSW soon to find worthy footwear!

I don't pass, per se, and don't really try to. People that I interact with generally know I'm a guy dressed as girl. Everything was pretty positive. The only "read" moment was at the mall, where a woman pulled her husband aside to point me out from across the mall. I just smiled at her
    Last edited by Tricia Lee; 07-14-2010 at 01:12 AM.

Sounds like a fun time, Tricia! Congrats on the new outfit!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Great story,

It's kind of fun taking time to be happy once in a while, isn't it? You even gave another couple something to talk about at dinner,

I always liked KC. It was one of my favorite cities when I was a road warrior. Lots of good stories from the times I closed many bars with friends in KC. They would be great memories...if only I could remember them the next morning...lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rene L -

Kansas City

Next time you're going to be out this way let me know. I'd even be willing to treat you to lunch. Feel free to add me as a friend or private message me.

The only "read" moment was at the mall on Monday, where a woman pulled her husband aside to point me out from across the mall.

I wonder if her husband likes to dress too and she was pointing out a sister.

Aspiring Member
    I've been through KC a few times myself when on a road trip. Always find an hour or two to shop.
    Next time, you should don that skirt on the way back as well.
    SheriM

Looking at you avatar, its no wonder that you had no problem.

You are a very nice, pretty and confident looking WOMAN. Why would

anyone bother you??????

Oh by the way GOOD FOR YOU AND I'M JEALOUS. LOL

Hugs
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Baker View Post
    I wonder if her husband likes to dress too and she was pointing out a sister.
    I wondered the same thing. No way to know, but it's possible. Oddly, I've had the same thing happen a couple of other times.

Once, it was almost the exact same situation. A couple came out of a shop directly in front of me. The woman glanced back at me, then pulled her husband aside, and kind of whispered as I walked by.

The other time a couple was passing by on the other side of the mall. I could see in the window reflection that after they had passed, the girl turned and pointed over toward me.

None of those reactions were necessarily negative, maybe just pointing out something interesting and different. Maybe they weren't really sure and were asking for an opinion from the guy.

Anyway, I can live with that if it's the worst reaction I get