Thread: I answered the door thinking it was my roomate.

Banned Read only

I answered the door thinking it was my roomate.

So i desided to get dressed up cause id been depressed alot lately, i pulled out my japanese school uniform skirt, a workout tank top, and in my desert jewel flats. was just waiting for the power to come back on...
    so i hear a knock on the door unaware of the time expecting my roomate. so i rush over to th door and pull it open...
    there i see a 40+year old guy with a Dom Powercompany shirt on...
    i dont know who was more suprised but i told him to hold on for a moment, and run back into my room to get a pair of pants and general tshirt.
    he tells me the powermain is back on line and all i have to do is flip the switch in the breaker.
    instantly i start laughing and dash around to the back and flip the switch. he asks if i got it, i say yes and have a good day almost unable hold back my laughter.
    just reminded me of those "i answered the door dressed" thought id share mine :3

Aspiring Member
    Oops. I had a similar incident like that, but I hid behind the door. Unfortunately the door has crystal glass panes in it that are not totally obscure. I had on a pair of panties, high heel slippers, bra, wig, a tee shirt and a bracelet. I was asked to sign a form for a donation of goods and had to reach for the clip board. I'm sure he saw my bracelet and who knows what else. Oh well.

I think the best one I had was answering the door while wearing my skirt, thinking it was the room mate shut out again. Instead it was a neighbour (male) either bringing something back or to ask if we wanted to come and join them for lunch, either way I was standing there in a skirt, and he was wearing a sarong, so we ended up having a chat about how much nicer they where than wearing jeans while sitting around the house.

I don't think that was the 'dear penthouse' story he was hoping for...

Gold Member
    I once answered the door wearing a mini skirt, torn fishnets, holding a jar of vaseline, lipstick smeared.
    I was really embarrased cause it was some missionaries from the local Baptist church handing out pamphlets telling me how I am going to burn in hell.
    See, I was expecting it to be the jehovah witnesses and not the baptists.

I was SOOO embarrased!

I mean who makes these kind of mistakes? Only an Erin.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    I once answered the door wearing a mini skirt, torn fishnets, holding a jar of vaseline, lipstick smeared.
    I was really embarrased cause it was some missionaries from the local Baptist church handing out pamphlets telling me how I am going to burn in hell.
    See, I was expecting it to be the jehovah witnesses and not the baptists.

I was SOOO embarrased!

I mean who makes these kind of mistakes? Only an Erin.
    Well here's a thought - we may all burn in hell, but at least we'll all be well dressed while doing so!! Hey, I'll take what I can get!!

BTW (thought number two) -- the folks who believe that God loves them and everyone else will burn in hell because we don't believe what they believe will actually be the ones burning - because of arrogance, if nothing else.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

second glass of wine, forgot I was dressed and answered the door for pizza deliverly. fortunaly it was a girl and she didn't bat an eye! OK maybe third glass.
    regent,

I answered the door a while back wearing shorts and pantyhose and it was 2 mormon missionaries. They definitely noticed but I think it made them uncomfortable so they were easy to get rid of.

I guess you can either cry about it, or laugh about it. Glad you chose to laugh.

My best friend is a Mormon Elder.

Today we were at his Stake center (church) installing a somewhat complicated audio video system I designed for him. While we were working, there was a group of teen missionaries in a teaching session from an elder on what to do when door knocking and how to react to a whole bevvy of possible reactions from door slamming to flirting.

Being presented with scantily clad men, women or "whatevers"or "unusual clothing options" for either gender was mentioned.

I wonder how many missionaries have discussed the hairy knuckles on the man in the dress or the woman with the big Adam's apple.

I am waiting for the day when I order pizza, or have FedEx or UPS show up while I'm en femme when I answer the door. I'll tell all when it happens after summer season. My region is too hot & humid to wear makeup in the summer months to make it worthwhile. I'm actually planning on video-ing the situation when it happens.

ROFL.

Thanks for sharing
    Michelle