Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attracted to the woman, or the outfits?

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.

Attracted to the woman, or the outfits?

Oh. My. God!!

On the recommendation of my oldest son, I started watching Glee. Yes, the story is good so far, the music is great and all of that. The best thing so far? I am in love with the character Emma Pillsbury's outfits! Yes, I'm in love with her clothes.

Sure, she is pretty. Delicate. Incredibly feminine. Other than a tiny bit of OCD, she's perfect. I have only seen the pilot episode, and half of the second one, but in that span of time, she has had around 6-7 absolutely gorgeous outfits. I'm stunned. Each one is better than the last! If I were a woman, I would want to dress just like her. Of course, it would probably help if I looked like her.

Yes, I'm gushing about the outfits of a fictional character. I guess I am that tired.

Kathi

ditto me for Inara Serra from firefly series
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth - Oscar Wilde

Yes I am also attracted to the clothes and the femininity of her I wish that I could be that feminine and have similar looks .I hate being a man

still in training bra Elaine Michelle's Avatar
    I have watched Glee a few times, and I really like it, but I hadn't noticed Emma; maybe she hasn't been on those episodes. Anyway, I had to do a little research and found these for you do-it-yourself Emma Pillsbury fans.

http://www.polyvore.com/emma_pillsbury/set?id=13464994

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=15489357&lid=322482

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=13669349&lid=322482

http://www.polyvore.com/pop_culture_...tion?id=341694

elaine
    Last edited by Elaine Michelle; 07-16-2010 at 05:17 AM.

I don't watch that show, but I feel the same way. When I see a woman who looks stunning, hot, or just plain sexy I am so attracted to her beauty and good looks. While at the same, I am checking out the clothes she wearing because I also want to wear them.
    I make a mental notes of her style and fashion and use that for ideas when I go out shopping.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Kathi,
    yes and yes. I am attracted to the woman and the clothes. I have been making a special effort to see how women dress, what they wear, how they pair things together, the layered look, etc. Trying to get some fashion sense.
    But I do like a pretty woman and as I get older, more and more women seem to be pretty. Even when I am tucked and have bra on, I am still very much attracted to women. I think it is still as a male AND as a female. If I were a female, I would still be attracted to women.
    SheriM

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    I am in love with the character Emma Pillsbury's outfits! Yes, I'm in love with her clothes.
    Sure, she is pretty. Delicate. Incredibly feminine. Other than a tiny bit of OCD, she's perfect. Each one is better than the last! If I were a woman, I would want to dress just like her. Of course, it would probably help if I looked like her.

Yes, I'm gushing about the outfits of a fictional character. I guess I am that tired.

Kathi
    There is no wrong about loving Emma Pillsbury.

http://wwepw.blogspot.com/

I used to watch the Gilmore Girls in part for the outfits and Mad Men for...Joan.

Also Jayme Mays played Charlie Andrews, Hiro's love interest in the first season of Heroes, and she's a redhead and has those eyes.

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Elaine and Veronica,

Thanks so much for the links. Such cool and pretty stuff! Maybe what I like about both the clothes and the character is their almost 50's prudish sensibility coupled with a modern sensual flair. This is a woman who cares what she looks like. I like that!

Yes, I also have a thing for redheads (just ask my wife, who - go figger - is a redhead ), and I love her expressive eyes.

Kathi

Yes, I also have a thing for redheads

Kathi
    Me too, which means you MUST watch Mad Men...for Joan. It's also why my SL avatar is a redhead and why when I color my hair, I go for a reddish brown.

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

I find myself attracted to both the woman or girl, along with the clothing.

"How nice that skirt must feel to wear, gently brushing up against those hose covered legs. Has to be better than these jeans."

That is an example of the thought process.

another one that is common.

"Oh you are nice, too bad you are wearing shapeless pants and top instead of something like a skirt, nice blouse...hell something elegant."

I don't really apply the term "feminine" to most clothing because I am one that always asks "just what makes something feminine?"

I'm attracted to women and their clothes! As I get older and come more to terms with my CDing, I do pay more attention to the clothes. There have been times I noticed when the clothes made the woman, and times when the woman made the clothes, and when they add to each other
    Cary

Kathi - welcome to the club!! Here we all strive to be fictional characters - I'm aiming to be a pirate!! YARR ME MATEYS!! BATTEN DOWN THE MIZZEN MAST!! HOIST THE JIB!!

Although I have to admit, I haven't figured out how to make it work in a skirt and heels
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

Do we have to choose? :-) Both is my answer - we CDs get twice the pleasure!

Aspiring Member
    Elaine and Veronica,

Thanks so much for the links. Such cool and pretty stuff! Maybe what I like about both the clothes and the character is their almost 50's prudish sensibility coupled with a modern sensual flair. This is a woman who cares what she looks like. I like that!

Yes, I also have a thing for redheads (just ask my wife, who - go figger - is a redhead ), and I love her expressive eyes.

Kathi
    I can sum up this post in three words... Desperate Housewives' Bree.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Attracted to the woman, or the outfits?
    Both! She looks very cute and her clothes are even cuter. I love those feminine cardigans! Where can I get some like that?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I see no reason to choose one or the other. but i do usualy see the clothes first and the girl second.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysten View Post
    . . . although I have to admit, I haven't figured out how to make it work in a skirt and heels
    Oh, I don't know. Pirate clothes - from the high-heeled slouch boots to the swooshy layered shirts with voluminous sleeves - I've always thought pirates (at least the ones we see on TV), were always, like Robert DeNero's character on Stardust, a little "whoopsie."

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin A View Post
    I can sum up this post in three words... Desperate Housewives' Bree.
    She was always the same for me as well! Every time I would see her, I would see barely restrained, smoldering, hungering femininity in her. My wife never "got" her character, and called her a "painted hussy." She thought, as a guy, I would be attracted to Gabby's character - the skinny little model. Nope. I always liked Bree or Susan. Bree for the previously mentioned things (and her clothes! Her prudish, yet incredibly feminine choices were always perfect! ) In Susan, you can almost see the girl next door - as long as the girl next door was a neurotic klutz.

So, did this post have any connection to the OP's original intent. Oh, wait. I was the OP.

Ya know, maybe this whole "four hours of sleep a night" thing ain't working for me. Eh. Whatever. Time to watch another episode of Glee (and, who knows, maybe I'll take a peek at Mad Men).

Kathi

I kind of fell for Emma on Glee too. A big part of that was her look. I was surprised when I found out that she was played by the same actress that played Betty's rival on Ugly Betty and got knocked up by Betty's boyfriend. I hated her on that show for the way she acted towards Betty.

Another character I loved a lot in part for her wardrobe was "Chuck" (Charlotte) on Pushing Daisys. She had sort of a retro look to her clothes too. That whole show had a great look to it.

Oh yeah, another one for Bree on Desperate Housewives here too.

Yes, I also have a thing for redheads...
    Three cheers for Molly Ringwald? I loved her back in high school!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    ...when I color my hair, I go for a reddish brown.s
    Did I ever tell you I'm jealous of your beautiful hair Veronica? I can't imagine mine will ever be so long. Mark my words, if it ever approaches that, I've gone off the deep end. Still, I can admire what you have to work with.

Oh yeah, the question at hand. It reminds me of the last time I saw my friend Kim. She had a catalogue or magazine of some sort and opened up to a page with several women modeling various fashions. I said to her "I can see you in ...." and she said "that's funny, I was looking at the women themselves". I guess that tells you where my head is at.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by KaraTV View Post
    Do we have to choose? :-) Both is my answer - we CDs get twice the pleasure!
    Thanks, Kara, that speaks for me.
    Pardon me for being a pig, but if you gave me a Victoria's Secret catalog, I would admire the girls. I also admire the outfits. I also wish I could be them, and wish I was a girl.

Well, now that you mention it...

Oh. My. God!!

On the recommendation of my oldest son, I started watching Glee. Yes, the story is good so far, the music is great and all of that. The best thing so far? I am in love with the character Emma Pillsbury's outfits! Yes, I'm in love with her clothes.

Sure, she is pretty. Delicate. Incredibly feminine. Other than a tiny bit of OCD, she's perfect. I have only seen the pilot episode, and half of the second one, but in that span of time, she has had around 6-7 absolutely gorgeous outfits. I'm stunned. Each one is better than the last! If I were a woman, I would want to dress just like her. Of course, it would probably help if I looked like her.

Kathi
    ...I always did have a weakness for the outfits (or should I say, the uniform) that Bea Arthur's Character Maude consistently wore when she starred in the '70's hit comedy television series by the same name. You know, the palazzo-type pants with a loose, blousey top, topped off by that flowing, sleeveless garment that was a cross between a vest and a coat? Next best thing to a muumuu for camouflaging real or imagined bodily imperfections including the dreaded middle-aged spread, so I'm guessing that is why that type of outfit was all she ever wore. Then again, maybe it was some kind signature costume that went with her character, much like those dorky shirts that Charlie Sheen always wears in Two and a Half Men.

Of course, I'm kidding - I'd never be caught dead wearing an atrocity like. But as they say, nostalgia ain't what it use to be. R.I.P platform shoes, bell-bottom pants, Afro hairdos, tie-dyed T shirts, Earth shoes, lime green and burnt orange shag carpets, avocado and harvest gold appliances, 8-track tapes, the Vega, Pinto, Gremlin, Pacer and those rust-bucket biodegradable cars in general, as well as blaxploitation movies...sigh!

I was always attracted to the outfit. During my dating years, I remember how much of a letdown it was to get to know a woman, and find out later that the outfit she wore was a one off, and that she would never normally go around looking like that. Knowing that, its rather funny how some will gripe and complain about not being able to hang on to a man.

I am attracted to women, but as every day passes, I am noticing what they're wearing more and more. I am not one who is into "outfits" or make-up, but I am noticing all the hippie blouses out there, which are my personal favorites. I really didn't think very many women wore them these days, but there are a fair amount being worn, and want ALL of them. Fortunately, I own a rather large collection.

Mad as it may sound (maybe not quite so mad coming from me) but i go into a mental block , love the clothes, love the woman , desire to be that woman, yet it can work the other way around , love the woman ,desire to be that woman then i can wear the clothes .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    I've never watched "Glee" but I love the subject. I'm attracted to both the clothes and the woman, but sometimes even if the woman s not attractive, i'll just stare at her clothes. I do it all the time, particurely at work (A supermarket), I get to see alot of pretty clothes walk in everyday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.