Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attracted to the woman, or the outfits?

Simple answer both.

I think I would have to say both. I recently met a woman on my trip to Dallas. The issue I had was to look at everything she was wearing each day. Part of me was envious that I can't wear things like that.
    Michelle

ghostofdarkness008@yahoo. com
    Both, but women alot more
    emma is so cute
    stopped CDing

Until achieving my weight loss goal

wish me luck

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin A View Post
    I can sum up this post in three words... Desperate Housewives' Bree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Bree for the previously mentioned things (and her clothes! Her prudish, yet incredibly feminine choices were always perfect! )
    Guess who my favorite desperate housewife is...Bree. I was once called the "Bree of Second Life" by another SL fashionista.

Time to watch another episode of Glee (and, who knows, maybe I'll take a peek at Mad Men).
    If you don't watch it, at least google Joan (and the actress who plays her, Christina Hendricks)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Three cheers for Molly Ringwald? I loved her back in high school!!!
    You know how I sometimes respond "women" when people say "girls"? I got that from Molly Ringwald's character on the first season of the Facts of Life.

Did I ever tell you I'm jealous of your beautiful hair Veronica? I can't imagine mine will ever be so long. Mark my words, if it ever approaches that, I've gone off the deep end. Still, I can admire what you have to work with.
    Thank you, but my hair truly sucks, it is very fine and has no body. I started growing it out just before I came out to my family, back in 93-94, been long ever since.

I guess that tells you where my head is at.
    Where it should be...the fashion!

Veronica Rogers
    Last edited by VeronicaMoonlit; 07-17-2010 at 10:06 AM.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

it's mixed

Sometimes it's the clothes, sometimes it's the person wearing the outfit, sometimes it's both and sometimes neither one nor the other. It seems that it really depends on too many things to allow for a single answer.

I occasionally am in a pink fog and the outfit is primary (OMG those are the cutest shoes and they sooo match the purse!)
    Sometimes I'm "male oblivious" and nothing registers (Huh? what woman are you talking about, I'm looking at saw blades.)
    Or I could be "male obvious" staring at the woman only (What a Babe! and check out her . . .)
    Most likely it's somewhere in between, (What? Oh yes, she's a cutie. Let's stop at the Mall after I'm done here at the hardware store and see if I can find a top like that in my size.)
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Both. I love the ladies, and I love their outfits.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    If you don't watch it, at least google Joan (and the actress who plays her, Christina Hendricks)
    Wooooooowwww! In the short video, I saw a woman that was, I guess, your typical redhead - smoldering sensuality, very aware of her femininity and not afraid to use it, and possessing of a look to cut through any crap. The most important thing I saw in the video? Although she was surrounded by some of the most powerful men of her time, she was just as powerful as they were. Art imitates life, indeed.

Kathi

Aspiring Member
    In my opinion, you should watch Mad Men anyway. It's very well acted and atmospheric, and Christina Hendricks as previously mentioned.

There is quite a bit of misogyny but you kind of expect that of the 50s / 60s setting.

Attracted to the woman, or the outfits?

I can understand that,I always check out the women't outfits, and most of time wish I had that dress or skirt, and at times I try to find them to buy

Aspiring Member
    Funny thing after reading this thread I dismissed the idea, then recently watched a video report on the Gulf Oil Leak on CNN. There was a female anchor interviewing a female CNN Producer. Immediately, I focused on the producer and what she was wearing. To say the least, she was gorgeous and dressed to kill. I checked out both her manner of dress and her appearance; so I guess I look at both: the woman and her clothes.

If it's a question then I look at, and like, both. Though as a happily married person I now look at the clothes more often.

Women can sure wear it better than I do....I wish I had their skeleton.

I told a close friend that if you put a Victoria's Secret catalog in front of me, I would admire the models, and I would also admire the clothes they wore, and I wish I could be them. The visuals are just too enticing.

Kathi,

I was thinking how to write my answer when I came upon this little gem:

Quote Originally Posted by joann07 View Post
    When I see a woman who looks stunning, hot, or just plain sexy I am so attracted to her beauty and good looks. While at the same, I am checking out the clothes she wearing because I also want to wear them.
    I make a mental notes of her style and fashion and use that for ideas when I go out shopping!
    Sums up my position beautifully. Sorry, but I've never watched Glee!

Tash

This is an interesting topic.
    That's got me wondering about the reverse: how female-to-male CDs see the men that they admire. My bet is it's mostly admiration, not attraction.

These differences make for an interesting clinical question.
    Sorry to be so blunt but there's no other way to state this:
    A straight male is usually sexually interested in two GGs (the lesbian fantasy) but a straight female thinks "ick" when imagining being in the middle of two gay men.

Interesting differences there!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephaniAnn View Post
    . . . but a straight female thinks "ick" when imagining being in the middle of two gay men.
    That's a rather broad position, there. How, exactly, did you come up with this generalization?

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    That's a rather broad position, there. How, exactly, did you come up with this generalization?

Kathi
    I've polled quite a few. That seems to be the general consensus. Hey, somebody's gotta' do it!
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't