Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Learned Two Things This Week

Aspiring Member

I Learned Two Things This Week

Hello Everybody:

Since I'm an incurable people watcher last Wednesday was a treat for me. My sweetie and I took our youngest grandaughter to Columbus. We went to the "Center of Science and Industry"(COSI) to see the Titanic exhibit running thru the summer.

I never miss an oppourtunty to use these occaisions to engage in a little people watching. I try to pay attention to what other woman my age are wearing, how they use make-up, how they carry themselves etc. I do this in a vain attempt to improve my own appearance.

Since a common topic on this site is "shaving", I decided to check out the men also and see if I could spot the "One in a Million - dead givaway - obviously a crossdresser" dude with shaved legs!!! ( it was 95 degrees and everybody was dresses in shorts)

Well guess what I discovered??? about 50-60% of the men have no or almost no hair on their legs. Since the estimated number of MTF crossdressers is way under 10%, I came to the following conclusion........

GO AHEAD AND SHAVE YOUR LEGS THIS SUMMER, NOBODY WILL NOTICE OR EVEN CARE !!!

Of course I've been told that exact thing many times by my friends on this site, But I've always needed to see thing for myself.

Danielle

Thanks for the information Danielle.

I am sure it will help those who do not shave for the summer to reconsider.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

I noticed something similar awhile back. I was checking out the guys in their shorts and a lot of them had no visible hair. If you got close enough then you could tell it was blond and very little of it. I never saw one with no hair. But at a distance you couldn't tell the difference. It did make me feel better about being out in shorts with shaved legs
    Michelle

I did the same thing at Disney World last month. The percentage that I calculated was nowhere near the percentage that you reported. Mine was in 10-15% range. But, I did leave with the feeling that it just doesn't matter. In fact many of the younger guys with obviously shaved legs looked like they were into body building. Now, that doesn't mean that they could not, also, be CD's, but whether they were or not, shaved legs did not seem to matter. So, shave if you want!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl James View Post
    The percentage that I calculated was nowhere near the percentage that you reported. Mine was in 10-15% range. !
    Well I may have been exaggerating on the percentage, but It seemed like alot of 'em were "follicly challenged"

Danielle

I think that this can be said--little or no hair on legs--about a lot of men's other body hair. Many men, especially younger ones, shave it off (for a variety of reasons, aesthetic, athletic, and other.
    warmly, Linnea

Danielle,
    I have been shaving my legs for a few years now, not one person has noticed unless I have pointed it out. I also have noticed people of a certain age are follicly challenged.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

My issue isn’t the general public its people who know me, and I always think they will notice a difference when I shave. Mainly arms when wearing t-shirts, (playing golf with the lads etc).

Wore shorts on the course with shaved legs and never had a comment, but my backup plan if I ever got questioned was, I wanted to get a better tan

So its long sleeves for me when going out in girl mode at the moment. Actually, I have never shaved my arms ever, so not sure what it would look like. Gonna have to try it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Gee View Post

They noticed when i did D:
    "Life is like a movie: If you've sat through half of it and it's sucked every second so far, it probably isn't going to get better right at the end and make it all worth while. No one should be blamed for walking out early..."

Add me on MSN or Facebook
    Pippa_J_10@hotmail.com
    Http://www.Facebook.com/PippaJ2010

Hair on my legs is almost negligble and I shave them to keep the unruly ones that are left in there rightful place, One of the side effects of having had breast cancer then radiation the hair is 95 % gone so I shave the rest off to make it look all the same, a few people have commented about no hair and I just explain that I had breast cancer and this is what hapened after the treatments , end of story from them, so Ive made something good out of a medical problem for me, I do experament with different razors and found that a good lady Schick 4 or 5 blade works real well, also after the weight loss and tummy tuck I found that I can shave the private parts real easy now, seems that when the Doctor did the tuck he removed so much skin that the hair doesnt grow there anymore or Its so fine it cannot be seen, Charolette

Right now, because of the weather, I go out in shorts every day, so now I shave my legs every day.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member
    Shaving your legs is like going out dressed; once it is done you start getting more and more comfortable with the act. Go ahead and shave them and quit worrying about it. Once and awhile someone will notice and then once in a blue moon someone will ask you if you shave your legs. Say yes and leave it at that. Someone who asks you such a question is not entitled the reason why, unless they ask and you choose to answer.

I am a high school coach, wear shorts 90% of the time, have a great tan and have been shaving my legs for over 10 years. High school kids do notice and maybe once a year, I am asked the question. My reply is a simple yes and then then leave it at that.

We make waaay too much about shaving. I know that each of us have our own comfort level but if you are thinking about it, stop worrying and just get that ugly hair off. By the way; I shave my legs everyday, I think I might miss shaving maybe once a month.

Aspiring Member
    I'm not saying the men shaved their legs but some men that work in construction have no hair on their legs and it is due from jeans rubbing against their legs when they get hot and sweatily.

Men do not normally shave their legs so the density and coarseness of the leg hair tends to stay light on those without a genetic predisposition to a lot of leg hair.

It isn't that a lot of men are shaving their legs, it is that they never grew in substantial dark leg hair to begin with.

I shaved my legs and have to say that almost every one of my friends noticed and commented. However, having said that it was never something cruel or vindictive moreso just "hey dude what's with the legs"? They would still mention it at later times but if you act like it's no biggie it stays at the level of friendly ribbing. They don't really care and you can then bug them for checking out your legs. Just my two cents.

I began epilating for the first time in the late spring of this year, and had originally planned to let my body hair grow back for the summer to stay under the radar, as is my usual habit. It usually takes 4-6 weeks for my body hair to grow back to its normal length, so I used to stop shaving it off by early May at the latest in past years.

I miscalculated this year, and didn't fully take into consideration the additional time it now takes to get to that point because epilation pulls the hair out by its roots as opposed to removing it at the skin surface as shaving does. Also, the re-growth comes in much finer than the original hair, which is another tell-tale sign.

Long story short - because I had already missed the mark and my arms were still hairless when short sleeve season began again, I thought that I would just go for it and see if I would get any comments. It is now late July, I've worn shorts, short-sleeved shirts, and been bare-chested to go swimming in our backyard pool countless times so far, and no comments yet from family and friends. Either no one is noticing, or else they are too polite to say anything. Probably what is also working in my favor here is that I lost over 30 lbs. over the last several months, and people who are seeing me for the first time since then are probably more focused on that change in my body, rather than my state of hirsuteness at present.

So, I have continued to epilate throughout this summer with no negative repercussions so far, and my guess is that the longer I keep it up, the more it will become the new "normal" for me and those around me, and eventually - a non-issue for all concerned.

I never thought of checking out guy's legs before. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Reine

My legs stopped growing hair at about age 45. I still have a little, but my legs are basically bald.

I also noticed that most men that I thought had no hair on their legs had fine or blondish hairs...I however did notice a store clerk last week of Muslim nature that had shaved his arms and the hairs where growing back...

I was camping with a group that knows me in boy mode and wore shorts all weekend...No one said anything...

Hello Everybody:

Since I'm an incurable people watcher last Wednesday was a treat for me. My sweetie and I took our youngest grandaughter to Columbus. We went to the "Center of Science and Industry"(COSI) to see the Titanic exhibit running thru the summer.

I never miss an oppourtunty to use these occaisions to engage in a little people watching. I try to pay attention to what other woman my age are wearing, how they use make-up, how they carry themselves etc. I do this in a vain attempt to improve my own appearance.

Since a common topic on this site is "shaving", I decided to check out the men also and see if I could spot the "One in a Million - dead givaway - obviously a crossdresser" dude with shaved legs!!! ( it was 95 degrees and everybody was dresses in shorts)

Well guess what I discovered??? about 50-60% of the men have no or almost no hair on their legs. Since the estimated number of MTF crossdressers is way under 10%, I came to the following conclusion........

Of course I've been told that exact thing many times by my friends on this site, But I've always needed to see thing for myself.

Danielle
    Danielle,

It looks as if your comments about spotting males with shaved legs attracted a number of replies from the gurlz here, and the consensus seems to be that it is no big "whoop" and in the words of Nike, "Just do it!"

Now what about the first part - your detailed observations of what GG's in the "mature" age bracket are wearing, their make up, and general deportment out in public? Anything of note to share with the rest of us that hasn't already been covered on this forum in detail in other threads?

From what I have seen, pants (capris, jeans, track, jogging, and yoga pants etc.) - and their immediate cousins - shorts, are still the garment of choice for most GG's despite the unusually hot summer this year. Camis and tank tops are also much in evidence, but sundresses (and to some extent, miniskirts) seem to be making a comeback - even among older ladies - which is encouraging. Skorts, on the other hand, are few and far between.

But it seems that my personal pet peeve - flip-flops - are as popular as ever, and like zebra mussels in our inland lakes as waterways or the infamous killer bees coming up from South America, their numbers (and ubiquitous presence) are spreading at an alarming rate and threaten to engulf all other types of GG footwear and push it aside. As fashion crimes go, it doesn't get more heinous than that IMHO (well maybe with the possible exception of the wholesale abandonment of pantyhose by GG's).

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I play Soccer every week and no-one has ever said anything about my bare legs or arms,haven't noticed any tackles been more vigorous against me than any of my hairy team members,so I must be in the clear LOL

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Do you want to hear something funny? Most times when men lose hair, they lose it off of their heads, but me, plenty on my head, but ive lost most of the hair on my legs.

I've check this out myself and I see alot of men shaving thier legs. I never took a percentage though. I shave for the most part all year round, I always have my arms shaved too. I work with alot of women they never have said anything too me about it. I think if you don't make a big deal about it nobody really cares. And when I have been asked about it I just say Oh ya your right they are shaved and keep going.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Hello Everybody:

Danielle
    I have been noticing that more men are shaving everything off now! So now no one knows whos a cd and whos not

Hi Danielle,

I agree, been shaving my legs fro about (2) years now and I will never go back to hairy legs. YUCK. Even with all the work to stay smooth it is worth it. I don't even get any grief from my son anymore.

How was the Titanic exhibit? I had been thinking of going to see it soon.