Thread: What have your experiences been?

soft, smooth, beautiful <3Katie<3's Avatar

What have your experiences been?

I have gone out several times with women's jeans and a cute tee-shirt/cami combo with flats or cute flip flops and makeup before without a wig. I actually feel really comfortable doing this without a wig (especially since I do not have one yet). What/if any have your experiences been like going out dressed without a wig. Like in boy mode but obviously not wearing masculine clothing?

I’ve done this a few times… …for only 10 yards out to the car and back to pick something up.

I think that going out in public like that must take a lot of courage. For me wig/hair piece completes the look and hopefully helps me to blend in and become not noticed as much or recognised

Once I’m out though the experience is great and as long as no one tries to kill me I’m of the opinion, as many others here are, who cares anyway.

But I need the wig to help me get out the door.

I've gotten clocked a few times, but, at 5'6", most peoples' radar won't even go off in my case. People are too preoccupied with their own lives that they don't even care what you're wearing or what gender you are.

when you dress to blend in, people are less apt to notice. I'm a firm beliver of the old adage of "when in Rome, do as the Romans...."
    I get the sense that if you dress the way women typically do instead of wearing provocative dresses and heels in a setting that women typically don't, people will take TGism much more seriously.

That being said, I find it a hoot to go into a public place fooling people, and even sometimes not fooling people. But again, I must say that most people are too wrapped up in their own heads and their affairs/issues to care what you do.

I don't go out without a wig unless it's a very short distance, like to my car or the mail box or the garbage can.
    But that's my comfort zone. Yours can be as different from mine as you please.
    warmly, Linnea

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I own 3 wigs and don't know where any of them are! And I don't care. I wear what hair I have left cut 1/8th inch all over my head now. When my dear wife died 5 years ago I quit wearing a wig and I also quit wearing makeup. My wife had always fixed my wig and did my makeup!

I go out completely dressed enfemme, from the skin out, every day! And I go everywhere in public. Shopping, eating, going to the postoffice, you name it. Yes, I am a man in womans clothes!! Those who don't like it don't have to look at me! The funny thing is, the only comments I get are usually compliments on the outfit I have on! I do try to dress in a nice casual manner. Usually I am out in skirts, but sometimes in ladies jeans or shorts. My wardrobe is now and has been for some time far more feminine than masculine.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Aspiring Member
    Katie, I go out, very much like you describe. I am, like you, a man in woman's clothes. Low rise jeans, tucked, makeup, bra, blouse, girls sandals. Yes, I do get a few looks but most of the interaction is positive.
    I don't think that I could fool anybody, so I don't try. It can be uncomfortable if you find yourself face to face with other men, as in walking in the mall. Once I am in a store, however, I feel much more comfortable as most of the contact in the womans section of a store is with women.
    SheriM