Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you a Male Woman?

That would ruin the experience for me. When I dress it is to "let Kara out" and I want to be, for that time, as female as I can be. At the risk of starting a "label war" I would describe myself as a bigendered CD. I want to be male OR female, depending on how I feel. I do sometimes wear VS underwear (panties) when otherwise drab, if I'm feeling girly but can't dress, but to the outside world I am presenting as male, apart from my lighlty plucked eyebrows, and maybe painted toenails! These little things help me stay (relatively) sane int he too-long periods between my getting chance to let Kara out.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Well, yesterday I went out for my walk wearing ladies denim shorts, ladies exercise top, some eye makeup (covered up by sunglasses), lipstick, ball cap, shaved legs, painted toe nails (not visible) and clear gloss on finger nails.

Clearly presenting as a guy, someone would have to look real close to think otherwise......

Quote Originally Posted by KaraTV View Post
    I would describe myself as a bigendered CD. .
    Yeah, that makes sense, but I'm finding out that with some in the trans community, that such a term bigendered doesn't exist. The word I keep hearing is third gender. I'm not sure I agree with this definition. Ideally, I'd like to live as both genders, and no restrictions on fashion. I'm going to a lecture in Cape Cod in October that deals with this topic.

Do I understand this?????

You dress from the neck down as a woman, and from the neck up as a man.

No makeup, no wig, no lipstick, powder, mascara.....no nothing. EARINGS???

Neck down, a skirt, blouse finger nails with polish, girls shoes???????

Maybe panty hose or just hose?????????

You got B_ _ _ S. I think that I would be a million times more unconfortable dressed like you dress.
    Lots of hugs

Karen Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Karenmarie View Post

You got B_ _ _ S. I think that I would be a million times more unconfortable dressed like you dress.
    I'll occasionally wear a bit of eye makeup, but I'd say 99% of the time I go out in women's clothes I present as male. I don't think of how I dress as a woman from the neck down, I think of it as I dress as a man wearing women's clothes. Usually it's a blend of men's and womens as men's shirts fit me better since I am not wearing false breasts and still have some broadness to my shoulders. Also, I used to only wear men's shoes but in the last year especially I've started wearing women's boots a lot.

I was more uncomfortable at first going out like this than I was when I first went out presenting as female, but I was happier with who I saw when I looked in the mirror. Because it was me. Unlike the majority on this site, I never saw my girled up self as the "real" me. it always felt like a disguise, an affectation so I could wear the things I wanted. Now I just wear them.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Hi,

Have a look at men wearing dresses put that on the net quite interesting &

kilts.org

oh & i do like some of the boots the guys are wearing ,& belts
    Oh dear i must be a very strange woman stlll likeing ( some ) men things .

One of the details is really, im a scot & can go back to my prussian, Slavic background , & wether im a male or female for me to wear a kilt or a skirt there is no difference ,
    so what is all the talk about any way .
    my people wore skirts & or kilts some 3.000 years ago & they were men so why has western thinking the way it is, so against men wearing what they did then ,
    this to me then is very strange or am i strange , okay ill concede i am .
    Hey i am a woman , so,
    Ill leave it there before the debate starts , he he ,

...noeleena...

Gotto look the part

The only way I could contemplate being in public is to completely made up and wearing a wig. I'd feel too vulnerable to be in a dress and looking like a bloke. In fact I just don't looking like a bloke.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I present as 100% woman when out dressed, I do know a few here who blend male and female clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    My title may be misleading. What I want to ask the non-GG's on here is, do you ever go out in public completely dressed enfemme, but looking like a man.

I haven't worn a wig, or used makeup (other than maybe lipstick) for the past 5 years. My late wife was my go-to person for both wigs and makeup. She could really make me look like a rather hot female! I do not have the talent to do either one. So I don't!

I just dress enfemme and go out in public as a man. In feminine clothes!! So back to my question! How many other CD's, TG's, or even TS's go out in public dressed enfemme, but presenting as a man!! I know there are a few, but I wonder how many will admit to doing that! Let's hear from you!
    My partner goes out dressed androgynous, jean are ladies, so are the tops. His hair is long & tied back. His shoes male. & often he is fully groomed with waxed eyebrows.

People do not know that his clothes are female. They see a 6' 3" man who looks 'different', yet they can't put their finger on why!

Pam

[SIZE="2"]Be true to yourself ..
    & be compassionate to others while in the process of doing so [/SIZE]

No, I don't do he half-ass approach. Given that I am more TG than CD, I don't get any pleasure in partially doing it. In fact, it makes me far more uncomfortable to be that way, since it would confuse people even more and cause all sorts of problems. So, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie_C View Post
    No, I don't do he half-ass approach. Given that I am more TG than CD, I don't get any pleasure in partially doing it. In fact, it makes me far more uncomfortable to be that way, since it would confuse people even more and cause all sorts of problems. So, no.
    Sometimes we don't realize what the things we say sound like so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, but I would never degrade the way you dress, I post on this forum because I have a lot of respect for you ladies and I consider myself part of your group and feel I relate to you more than I don't.

Please don't refer to how I dress as the "half-ass approach." I put a great deal of time and effort into how I dress, and I assume Stephanie the OP does as well. Just because we dress in a different style than you do, doesn't mean we're being lazy or don't care.

Sorry to possibly hijack the thread, I just have seen this sentiment a few times lately and it finally got to me here.
    ~Riley

My Tumblr Blog

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karenmarie View Post

Karen Marie, I don't dress from the neck up as a man! I was born a man, and still am. When I go out dressed, from the neck up I look exactly like the man that I am. No earrings, BTW! From the neck down, I look totally feminine from the skin out!!

Yes, most of my shoes are ladies! No real high heels because I cannot walk comfortably in them. My heels are either 2 1/2 or 3 inch. This time of the year in Georgia I wear open toe sandals a lot of the time. My nails are always painted, toes are usually some bright color and fingers are some shade of pink!

As I said, I have been going out this way for the last 5 years without any problems! Just hope it stays that way! I have no desire to become a woman, but I do love to wear feminine clothes!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

For the last six years I have lived as a woman & about 95% of the time I present myself as much. When not enfemme I dress totally as a man, except for the panties.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkeyOnRye View Post
    ......Please don't refer to how I dress as the "half-ass approach." I put a great deal of time and effort into how I dress, and I assume Stephanie the OP does as well. Just because we dress in a different style than you do, doesn't mean we're being lazy or don't care.....
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I don't know about "Male Woman" kinda look, it's more like a guy in a skirt look for me.

Case on point: was out today wearing black clogs, short (2" above knee) cotton skirt, also black, red polo shirt from Woman Within, crystal ear studs, wipe of lipstick, what little hair there is, put up in pony tail with matching color band. Fingers are painted light pink. No wig, or makeup, ( way too hot).
    Pumped gas, went to big box hardware / lumber store, stopped into local discount shopping club store.
    Simple chores and errands, nothing special, and I felt quite comfortable the entire time.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Being a over the road truck driver. I don't get a shower every day. So I'll wear capris and Female tops. To i can get a shower to get properly dressed.

Gold Member
    I put a great deal of time and effort into how I dress, and I assume Stephanie the OP does as well. Just because we dress in a different style than you do, doesn't mean we're being lazy or don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonianne View Post
    I not only agree but have to say that Ryan has more style in his approach then I ever get in femme or drab. There is absolutely nothing "half" about it as it is definately all there!

Sometimes we don't realize what the things we say sound like so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, but I would never degrade the way you dress, I post on this forum because I have a lot of respect for you ladies and I consider myself part of your group and feel I relate to you more than I don't.

Please don't refer to how I dress as the "half-ass approach." I put a great deal of time and effort into how I dress, and I assume Stephanie the OP does as well. Just because we dress in a different style than you do, doesn't mean we're being lazy or don't care.

Sorry to possibly hijack the thread, I just have seen this sentiment a few times lately and it finally got to me here.
    Ok, as I originally said, I don't understand it. Maybe half-ass was the wrong word to use, but to what I meant was more along the lines of "incomplete." Seeing that it is definitely complete to you I remain confused. So, here's a question so maybe I can understand it a little better:

Is this some sort of genderf*ck type of thing, mixing and matching bits and pieces of male and female, into some sort of androgynous overall effect? Or, is it just selectively choosing what female items you feel comfortable in, and the overall effect doesn't matter?

I guess part of the confusion I have is that it's never addressed how having solidly male AND female fashions on at the same time creates sheer androgyny and your thoughts on that.

So what are those thoughts?
    Last edited by Sophie_C; 07-19-2010 at 10:03 PM.

Ok, as I originally said, I don't understand it. Maybe half-ass was the wrong word to use, but to what I meant was more along the lines of "incomplete." Seeing that it is definitely complete to you I remain confused. So, here's a question so maybe I can understand it a little better:

Is this some sort of genderf*ck type of thing, mixing and matching bits and pieces of male and female, into some sort of androgynous overall effect? Or, is it just selectively choosing what female items you feel comfortable in, and the overall effect doesn't matter?

I guess part of the confusion I have is that it's never addressed how having solidly male AND female fashions on at the same time creates sheer androgyny and your thoughts on that.

You're overthinking it.

Do you ask these same questions to women you see wearing meanswear style clothing? Or women wearing pants for that matter? In other words, women do this *all* the time, mix traditionally men's clothing with traditionally women's clothing, and it doesn't create sheer androgyny. You accept that at face value because it's commonplace and socially a non-issue. But aesthetically it's really not any different.

It's not androgyny, it's not genderf*ck, it's not anything but finding clothes that I like, feel comfortable in, and think look flattering or good on my body.

Rather than "half-assed" or "incomplete" Why can't you just consider it "different than me" (me being you here) and respect it the same way you'd like non-TG folks to respect that you're different than them. Does everyone who treats you with dignity and respect do it because they totally relate to your thought process, or don't you think there's people who don't understand it at all but don't think it's a reason to treat you any different than someone else?
    Last edited by JiveTurkeyOnRye; 07-20-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    ~Riley

My Tumblr Blog

.....I guess part of the confusion I have is that it's never addressed how having solidly male AND female fashions on at the same time creates sheer androgyny and your thoughts on that.

Sophie, for me, I have adopted whatever female styles I feel comfortable in and what styles I feel matches my personality. In this way, I can be real, 24/7. Sure, sometimes I like to dress more fully, but even then I have never gone out wearing things like false breasts, because I don't have breasts and I don't want to present with something that is not actually me. I am uncomfortable trying to delibertly fool people into thinking that I am a woman. If they assume it for a moment, that's OK, but if they inquire, I will be honest - I am a male who enjoys wearing women's cloths. One of the biggest parts of my life and personality is to just be as real and honest as I can reasonably be.

I have no problem with those who dress fully and who work hard at "passing" and presenting as completly female as possible. I think that is great, but that's just not me 99% of the time.

I also greatly admire those who do dress fully, like TXKimberly (I hope she doesn't mind me mentioning her), but who is also comfortable with being honest with those she interacts with, as they seem to be quite aware she is a crossdresser but they are still comfortable and enjoy being around her. How wonderful is that!

So it is all a matter of degrees, as to how feminine (and how masculine, for our FtM brothers) we want to be and present. Real life is not binary, real life is an analog continuum.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I have gone out many times as a male dressed in skirts, especially when the weather is hot (it makes more sense than to sweat in jeans).

I do not consider women wearing pants, or men wearing skirts as crossdressing.

It seems even on this forum that there is animosity with regards to the definition of a crossdresser.

I read online (can't remember when) that a few years ago a male dressed as a male but with a skirt on went to a cd support group. Only to find that he was not welcome because he was not properly dressed!! How ridiculous is this?

There is nothing wrong with being fully feminine, or fully masculine, or men just wearing womens clothes, or women just wearing mens clothes.

Why do I wear skirts as a man? Well, I have had the question as far back into childhood as I can remember (which probably means between the ages of 6 to 8) as to why a man can't wear a skirt.

I have waited almost 30 years for an answer. My level of patience is quite high - I will wait another 30 years if needed. Until someone does come up with a valid answer, I shall continue to wear skirts.

Because as stated above, I feel there is nothing wrong with it.

Oh btw, I am not slapdash. Take pride in how I look at all times. This is important more for myself rather than anyone else's opinion.

Ps, take a look at my signature. It is appropriate for this thread!
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

I would always perfer to go totally enfemm, but i can't, so i do wear girls jeans, and shoes, and sometimes a girls tee shirt. so i guess basicly i dress the way i feel like a girl. I wear girl scrub bottoms at work. i wear womans slacks with no pockets too.

As I always say, to each their own.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Ryan, you are absolutely correct. I never dress in a "half-ass approach!" I am either fully in drab or else all my clothing is feminine, but no wig, makeup, or earrings! When my wife was alive Stephanie was all girl when she went out in public. But I am not at all good with wigs or makeup, so I just don't bother! It is my life and I pretty much do what I want, as long as it is legal! If my children, or my girlfriend, tell me to stop dressing I will! But the three of them have told me they don't care, and will not tell me to stop!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Ok, I get it now. I really didn't intend to insult, but my words may have come off wrongly. It's simply about what makes you happy and comfortable, fair enough. The overall effect or perception of others has absolutely no factor in it. It's a bold statement, which, in it's essence, I can respect.