Thread: shopping trip with gg friend...

shopping trip with gg friend...

Today i met up with a friend of mine, whom i hadnt seen in several monthes, for lunch and shopping. She knows about my feminine side and we have talked about it many times but that has been about the extent. Today, after lunch we shopped for a few random things that the two of us were searching for and she asked if there was anything else i needed. I told her i would like to look for some new clothes while we were out so we walked around the mall for a few minutes and she whispered, "are we looking for girl clothes of boy clothes". ( : I of course said girl clothes, to which she was very receptive. We spent about 3 hours in several store and she was awsome about the whole thing. she even seemed excited to help and said she couldnt wait to go again. She has other TG/TS friends as well and knows a lot about us so i'm so excited to have her as a friend. The best part is that she is about the same size as me and said that i can come over and try some of here stuff on as well.

I am usually so nervous about coming out to someone for fear of what he or she may think, but i am so greatful for people like 'her' who understand us and are there to help.

Thats really cool. I hope I find someone one day who will help me shop.

Very cool. I have a hard time imagining any family member of mine knowing without thinking I need committed.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    That's really great. I have a couple of GG friends I can talk to about clothes, but no-one to go shopping with me

Sounds like you've got a real friend there - hope you enjoy
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Very cool. I hope you do something nice for her to nuture the friendship! I am envious of you!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    GG friends like that are PRICELESS!

Sounds like great fun...and don't even like shopping...glad you had such a positive experience....sounds like a great friend.

Platinum Member
    I'm lucky - I married my best GG friend. We do shop, but my knees give out on me....I cannot keep up!

Half the fun in CD'ing is those gg freind shopping trips!

Updates...

Okay, since our shopping the other day we have made significant progression. We hung out again tonight, just dinner and conversation, and she had mentioned having told a friend of hers about me, who was also keen on the idea of my feminine side. the two of them had recommended that we all get dressed up and go out for dinner or a club. Niether of them has ever seen me fully dressed so i am guessing it doesnt matter to them if i pass or not, but i am just a bit overwelmed with the whole thing. I think i will have to slow them down a bit and maybe have a dinner party dressed or something before an outing. i have been out to the drag club scene, but thats about it, certainly never a resturaunt in broad daylight. In any case i am so excited to have them on my side and am looking forward to whatever happens.

Friend

That is so awesome. What a great friend you have.

Very lucky you! I now have a couple of GG friends, but they live quite far from me. However, when I am able to travel to see them, they have said that they want to go shopping and other things too! I look forward to this very much! And I am very happy for you that you have found a GG friend.
    warmly, Linnea

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    What a great reaction from your two friends! You are right to take it slowly - you need to find your own comfort level.

If you do go over there and get dressed up for your night out, they will probably help you with your look - and don't forget that if you are out with two other girls, it will make it easier for people to see you as just one of them.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

a real friend

That is a real friend and a keeper!

I would go for it sweetie! You'll have 2 gg to support your time out! That is great. My first time out (really out during the day actually talking to people)was with a GG friend and I'll tell you I am so glad I had that support. I was soooo nervous and she was SOOOOOO calm. Don't pass it up! And have fun!!!

Aspiring Member
    That is so cool to have a GG help you shop. I would really love to do that, but alas, have no one to help.
    A few months ago, I met a nice gal at VS when shopping for a bra. She asked if I was a performer and we talked a little about CDing. I asked her if she liked the shows and she said she went to them often. It would be nice if I could advance that relationship but out of respect for my wife and plain old fear, I have not done so.
    SheriM

Having a GG friend who knows about your dressing and supports it is a wonderful gift which should be cherished. I know the value of such a friend as I have one who I have gone out with many times for everything from shopping to dining to movies to bars. She is always up for a fun time and I have learned so very much from her in my goal of being as feminine as possible.

She has been a tremendous help with my makeup and I have come to love her dearly. Cherish your friend and trust that she will do nothing to harm you.