Thread: The Week of Living Ordinary

I haven’t done this in a long time and never for a full week. So today I decided that this week will be done as Michelle. This week will be spent doing ordinary things dressed.

Monday 7-19-10

Today started out like many others. Today I made sure to get a shower and shave everything. Then the disgusting beard came off. Then the makeup went on followed by my clothes. First stop was to the Dress Barn. I had never been to the Dress Barn, but I knew they had some skirts outfits which I was looking for. See on August 2nd I am flying to Chicago dressed. A lady can’t go on such an important trip without the proper clothes. I ended up buying a cute skirt and top. This outfit left with a problem because I don’t have a purse or shoes that will match. Never fear that calls for more shopping.

Then I went to Victoria’s Secret to get my free panty and ended up buying a night shirt as well. WOW was that night shirt soft. I had carried the bag for my wife out of VS many times. This time was different because the contents were mine. I was beaming from ear to ear with excitement.

At this point the trip changed. I am in the middle of getting a divorce so I have to decorate my house or what’s still there of it since the wife took just about everything. So the next stop was in Pottery Barn to see what they had for my place. I didn’t find anything but never fear there are other stores. Next stop was American Furniture. Over 100k square feet of furniture and I was going to check out every inch of it. Got a few stares, but for the most part everyone was nice. I did find 2 lamps which I am going back to buy later in the week when more money arrives. They will look great on my end tables in my bedroom. The last stop was Walmart for grocery shopping. This is something which I do every week usually after seeing a movie. A girl has to eat so why not pick up the food and have some fun while doing it. There is nothing sexy or exciting about grocery shopping so I try to spice things up a bit.

Tuesday 7-20-10

As I mentioned yesterday I bought an outfit for the flight to Chicago. I found that I did have a purse after all for the flight but still no shoes. Last night was a sale at Nordstrom’s Rack and I had to get there for their shoes. Well I found a pair of shoes but not for the outfit that I needed them for. They were too cute to pass up so they came home with me.

My soon to be X-wife found out today that I am back out cd’ing. She was not very happy but she eventually just went about her business. She needed to pay her bill at Macy’s today and I was heading that way so she gave me the check. Now last year she told me that she didn’t want me every going to the mall close to our house while dressed. Today she knew that I was going out dressed and she gave me the bill anyway. WOW have things changed. So after shopping at Nordstrom’s Rack, I headed to the mall. First thing I did was head to Sephora to buy something else for my wife. It wasn’t too bad. I got to go to Sephora dressed and I got brownie points in my divorce since I’m not being a horse’s butt. So while in Sephora I got to ask them about my makeup and skin care. Then I returned to pay the bill at Macy’s before heading back home for the day.

I know this may not sound very interesting, but that is the point. A woman’s life is not full of glitter. It is running a thousand errands and doing a thousand chores everyday with little or no appreciation. So this week I wanted to live that life to the best of my ability.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Daintre; 07-21-2010 at 12:28 AM. Reason: posts merged , consecutive posting is not allowed in the forum. Please use the edit button
    Michelle

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Michelle,

First of all - cute skirt!

You are so right, a life as a woman or a man is full of ordinary things. Bills must be paid whether you're in a bra or boxers. Congratulations on having fun on your otherwise ordinary day.

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post

...Next stop was American Furniture. Over 100k square feet of furniture and I was going to check out every inch of it. Got a few stares, but for the most part everyone was nice.
    I assume they were just checking out those sandals. Stands to reason, they're pretty cool.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Brevity is the soul of wit.
    I could go on and on about it.

How very true, being a girl ain't all glitz and glamor, it's about getting groceries.

Over the last 7 months, I've found this out, and it really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Everything has become a "new normal", ... Get up, go about my business, go home.

Glad you're having fun.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I created this post because we have a tendancy to glamourize the life that women lead. Even though we watch (sort of) as they take our kids from one game or school event to another. One doctor's appt to simply driving our kids to school. Cleaning the house and cooking dinner. They some how are able to keep the house running smoothly because they do their job. That job is on top of their own careers in many cases. We spend so much time thinking about the shopping and looking good that we over look all of those simple mundane tasks that they do everyday. The only ones who ever seem to appreciate this are TS. Because they have can't turn off the switch and go back to be being guys. So this post is written to help us remember what it really means to be a woman and maybe somehow appreciate what they do for us a little more.

BTW, the outfits shown previously was bought on the trails of shopping for the biggest event of my life. Flying en femme on August 2nd. The other point that I would love to make is that you can tell from the photo that I get read rather easily but I am still out there having fun. So don't let being read stop you from having a little fun.
    Last edited by AKAMichelle; 07-21-2010 at 07:50 AM.
    Michelle