Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you keep a diary

Do you keep a diary

Hi everyone.
    Has anyone here kept a diary?
    I must confess to being very lazy where this is concerned but for a short time I did get into the habit whilst I was suffering from depression. I won’t go into that here as many of us suffer the same malady.
    What I did find useful for my wife was that I wrote my true feelings down when I was down and the reasons I felt upset. The diary was always available to her to read so that she could maybe keep up with my mood swings.
    This also had an effect which I did not see coming.
    In my diary I wrote on three separate occasions about my desire to wear a soft satin nightdress. The last time I wrote a reason for why I thought this should be ok.
    (Now this was very shallow of me but, please understand it was during a depressive moment.)
    I reasoned that if it was ok for her to wear pyjamas then it should be ok for me to wear a nightgown. After all wasn’t she cross-dressing?
    The side effect of this was that nothing was ever mentioned but she has since stopped wearing pyjamas. In due course we will have another little chat and I shall bring this up so that she can go back to the pyjamas.
    PJ

Philippa Jane

l keep a daily "business log".

But a diary? No, I figure if anyone is interested in me, they can just get the data history file from my ISP provider, microsoft, shopping discount cards, RFID tags, bankcard financial logs, postoffice, census, online purchases, traffic surveillance CCTV cams, black box in car, insurance data sharing, utility service record sharing, mobil phone third party sharing, cable tv data capture, credit card records, DMV retina scans, hospital data files, FBI file, IRS, school records, etc.

That would supply more about me than I could ever provide about myself in a diary....

...I wish my post was really a joke...that ship sailed long ago...
    Last edited by eluuzion; 07-21-2010 at 03:17 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not really a "diary" as such,but, I do keep a kind of journal of my daily activities. It's a "day planner" I keep in my purse. Mostly to help me remember what I did on which day and to not get appointments mixed up.

Funny, this subject comes up. Yesterday I needed to find when I had my last Dr. appointment. Pulled out my trusty planner and thumbed back to the end of January.
    Almost broke out in tears, ... I had told my Dr. that I wanted to begin HRT that day, and she agreed to set of the needed appts. for me. I had drawn a smily face and written the words "Phyliss has possibilities" next to it.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I guess keeping your thoughts and feelings on paper is good as long as it can be kept in a private place. Otherwise it can become a "paper trail" that could possibly be used against you by those who do not have your best interests at heart. I found this out the hard way.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Philipa Jane
    Has anyone here kept a diary?
    [SIZE="2"]Yes, I keep a diary, in fact I’ve kept a diary for most of my life. I purged my early one, and then I began another, which has been going along for more years than I care to say. I mainly write down what I do each day, with a heavy emphasis on my artwork and its attendant explorations. This includes precise descriptions of interesting things I see, but I rarely write down how I feel about something – it’s just not in my emotional makeup. However, I will write about how I feel on this site, which is probably why I came here in the first place – that, and a desire to connect with other crossdressers. It’s easy to type my feelings, and not so easy to write them, for whatever reason. I did try to keep a diary on my laptop, but it wasn’t as much fun as writing one – I write mine on loose-leaf paper with a big Mont Blanc pen I got as a gift nearly 10 years ago. Even though I print my hand-written words, they defy legibility – sometimes I can barely read what I wrote! However, I rarely read my old diaries, since they are a personal instrument for self-examination and self-admonishment that changes every day. I use a diary to keep me on track as I hurtle towards an unknown final destination, looking at my immediate surroundings, of course…[/SIZE]

I don't keep any kind of a diary. If I did I would be sure to talk extensively about crossdressing, and this would anger my wife a bunch. She does not accept my desire to crossdress, and doesn't want it mentioned. If I even hint about it, she reacts negatively.

Oh, well

Freddy

I have kept what I would call a journal off and on for many years. Occasionally I have written entries that have to do with crossdressing or gender issues, but I have not kept a journal specifically dedicated to this part of my life.
    warmly, Linnea

yes, but it's not something I write in everyday, I try to update it when something important happens, or I'm doing alot of thinking about something.

Yes I keep a diary. I may miss a day or two but I write in all the time. It really helps me with my feelings and emotions of the day. I also have pictures in the diary too. I make wallet size pictures of my outings, the kids, the dog whatever and glue them in the pages too.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Would no-one else on this site,agree that our posts and any threads we start on here are a kinda Diary,where we tell others our experiences,and also it shows our development? or maybe it's just me lol

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Gold Member
    Yes, I do keep a diary. This is something I've never done before, but since I started this journey of mine, over a year ago, I wanted to put my thoughts, experiences, feelings, etc down to see how they have progressed. I find it very useful, tho I have never shared it with anyone.

Sort of - I just call it my blog! lol

No diary, but 10 years ago I started a photo scrapbook. Nowadays I rarely print pictures of myself dressed, but organize the image files in my computer. I'm glad for the scrapbook, though, because there are some pics there I no longer have the image files (don't know why).

I've kept journals for most of my adult life, although it can be spotty I'll go months writing everyday then nothing for a few months. I write about many different things. Sometimes my feelings other times about something I've seen, read, heard etc. What I really find them useful for though is to look back and see how I've changed over my life.

Diary

Nope I don't keep a diary, but when I'm not sure about anything I do write down my thoughts in the form of a letter. I find that it helps to get my thoughts in some sort of order. Only once have I ever actually given a letter to the addressee, the rest, well they are usually put through the shredder.

I keep a dream diary to which I add my thoughts, feelings and the things that went on in my day.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Sort of - I just call it my blog! lol
    Errm, just like Kim I don't know what a diary is.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    I've been keeping a journal over 25 years. I don't write in it everyday, and sometimes there may be months between entries... but I find it to be very therapeutic. I don't talk extensively about Allie in my journal, but over the past few years i have written more about it....

I sarted journalling over a year ago. I write about many things - mainly about my relationships with my SO and dtrs but also quite a bit about what is going on generally in my life; in particular my tg expereinces - how they make me feel and the progress in my little journey of self discovery. I am in the closet, even with my SO so it is a very private way for me to express myself openly and honestly. Sometimes angry or sad. Because I am so in the closet, I keep it in a locked drawer in my office at work; absolutely safe from all eyes. This sometimes hinders me when I need to "talk" but it is a godsend. I recommend it to anyone who needs to talk and later to remember how they felt. Like all good habits it may be a little hard to establish but it has definitely been worth it for me....Dee

I've never understood the need for a diary. And, I think those who keep one secretly want someone to find it (because they're afraid of admitting to anyone what they really think), and love them anyway despite anything they find written there. Same as us; we often wish a woman will accidently discover we crossdress, and love us anyway.
    In my experience, not gonna happen. Nice dream, though.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Count me into scarce entry diary club. Since start of my recent journey I kept chapters of eureka moments in a journal on my web site. I have gotten quite a few emails thanking me for keeping such openness about it and the idea for this journal came from reading a book "Alice in genderland" by Dr. Richard Novic.

No.
    Though I got a HD video camera from my boss as part of a bonus (...yeah, lucky me), and I am playing with video editing software at the moment, and I plan on chronicle-ing my experience at the upcoming Fantasia Fair in Cape Cod, and halloween, which I plan to put up on youtube. Will anyone care? who knows.

I'm still trying to to figure out how I can post videos on youtube without making CD'ing the focal point of the video. For instance, I think the chick in the video of Rolling Stones " She's like an Rainbow" pulled it off very well without the announcement of being a CD'er. I'll let you search that one yourself, it's not hard to find. One idea I have is demonstrating how to make home-made ice cream with Absynthe.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 07-21-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Re- Do you keep a diary

Thanks to all that responded.
    I often go back to see what others have written after I post a response but others may not so special comments to;
    Elusizion.
    I liked your cynical reply as to how the many agencies know so much about you. I got the humour.

Phyliss.
    I need to get a day planner to. I have so much difficulty remembering what I did yesterday let alone weeks or months ago.
    I do so love the quote on your replies "Lead me not into temptation" Very apt.

Frederique.
    Sorry not to be able to find the accents that go with your name.
    Your reply made me sad. You sound like a tortured soul.
    I wish you joy.

Please do not feel left out that I did not mention everyone. You are all special.
    PJ.

Philippa Jane

For the last six years I have been keeping a diary of everything I do when presenting as Phoebe. It's mostly a historical accounting of where I've been, people I have met, and how interactions have been with various people. I don't keep a diary of what I do as a guy, as that's just too much trouble. As it is, six years of Phoebe's activities are several hundred pages long.
    Phoebe

Yes, I keep what could be considered a diary (although I call it my journal).
    I don't write in it every day. But, when I do the entry can include everything from what I actually did during the day to thoughts, emotions, feels, and dreams that occur to me during the day. Of course, it includes thoughts and emotions related to my crossdressing. Since my wife is absolutely opposed to my crossdressing the journal is kept private.