So a few days back I decided to browse through my favorite lingerie store. I didn't really need anything, however when I noticed they were having a big sale with from 25-70% off their entire summer stock of bras and panties I couldn't resist. I went in early in the day, and it was just me and the manager in the store at the time. I have dealt with the manager in the past, and she knows when I come in I am shopping for myself and is cool with it. I picked out some pieces I was interested in, tried them on and decided to buy a couple of them.

After the manager rang up my purchases there were still no other customers in the store so I started chatting with her, being in no great rush to get back to work. Somehow or other we got on the topic of staffing, and she mentioned she would have no problem hiring a male to work in the store, for the stock room if nothing else. Please note this store sells nothing whatsoever for men, not even silk boxers. If I had shown any serious interest it seemed to me she would have offered me a job right then and there. If I were younger I think I would have been tempted, however I'm at the age in life where minimum wage jobs are behind me and I have enough lingerie such that employee discounts aren't that much of an enticement either. Still it does make me think society (or at least parts of it) are definitely changing.