Thread: Anyone want to work in a lingerie store in Toronto?

Anyone want to work in a lingerie store in Toronto?

So a few days back I decided to browse through my favorite lingerie store. I didn't really need anything, however when I noticed they were having a big sale with from 25-70% off their entire summer stock of bras and panties I couldn't resist. I went in early in the day, and it was just me and the manager in the store at the time. I have dealt with the manager in the past, and she knows when I come in I am shopping for myself and is cool with it. I picked out some pieces I was interested in, tried them on and decided to buy a couple of them.

After the manager rang up my purchases there were still no other customers in the store so I started chatting with her, being in no great rush to get back to work. Somehow or other we got on the topic of staffing, and she mentioned she would have no problem hiring a male to work in the store, for the stock room if nothing else. Please note this store sells nothing whatsoever for men, not even silk boxers. If I had shown any serious interest it seemed to me she would have offered me a job right then and there. If I were younger I think I would have been tempted, however I'm at the age in life where minimum wage jobs are behind me and I have enough lingerie such that employee discounts aren't that much of an enticement either. Still it does make me think society (or at least parts of it) are definitely changing.

That would be worth it just for the discount.

Oooo!! I do I do!!
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Sounds like a great second job. Around lingerie and beautiful women - not bad.
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Debutante View Post
    Oooo!! I do I do!!
    OMG, me too! But the commute from Florida is gonna be soooooo looooooooooooooooooooong!

Not sure about the Toronto thing though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Bernardina, At least you would not need a passport, eh?

Wish

This could be one to add to the list of “what would you do if you won the lottery”.
    Retire my present job and go to work in a lingerie store.
    Well a girl can dream right?

I'd do it, but commuting from Washington DC to TO would be a real hike... :-)
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymousinmaryland View Post
    Hey Bernardina, At least you would not need a passport, eh?
    No, but I could get there quicker and I'm on the other side of the puddle.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I would take my work very seriously and have to check each pair of panties for faults before they could be sold :
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Thumbs up

yeah i agree.i just got hired at a wig store,and the owner said i can dress how i want.she told me i can even drerss as a woman.so i will do it a few times just to guage the reactions i get.ive done my makeup and false eyelashes in there a few times and the girls who come in are like wow i love your makeup.can you do mine?so i know i would fit right in at a lingere store.but the minnimum wage thing does suck.but when i graduate school ill have a job that at least pays 15 to 18 an hour.but wig store is great for now.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Smile

if only...my legs would not hold up for one shift. way too many years sitting in a seat. and getting my back hurt last year.

but if i could as a part time job i would be all over it.

Don't Do It!

Hahaha you'd go broke.

Even with the crazy discount

I made absolutely NO money working at a clothing store. I think I'm a compulsive shopper. My mom was none too pleased...
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Love to. But the commute from Maryland . . . and you now need a Visa . . . geez, I don't think it'll work.

Many years ago when I was in high school ('59 to '63), a clssmate of mine had a job at a local womens' hosiery store. I never knew whether or not he was a crossdresser, but I sure was envious of him for having a job where he could buy lingerie, nylons, (they didn't have pantyhose then), garter belts, bras, and slips. I would always tell him that if he ever quit, I would gladly take his place. When he asked me why I wanted to work there I told him it was so I could meet girls (little white lie,LOL). As a favor, he reccomended me to the manager who said she would hire me if they ever needed another stock boy. Unfortunately for me, She was sent to open and manage a store in a location that didn't have bus service (that was my only ride back then), the woman who replaced her fired him because she had some sort of a hangup about having a boy working in a women's store, so there went my dream of having a job where I could have all the lingerie I'd ever want. ALAS!
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Be wasted in the stock room surely Quality Control would be a better position

Sophie x
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

[SIZE="3"]

Maybe she's thinking it could be good for business.
    Having a CD work in the store could open up a whole new segment of the market, eh?
    [/SIZE]
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

The manager (Denise) didn't seem to be specifically looking to draw more CDers into the store. In fact she said she thought a lot of men would make better fitters than a lot of women, as men are brought up thinking more about structures than women are (the bra being at it's core a structural piece of clothing). Hopefully she'll be there next time I am in the store so I can ask her if she really would consider hiring a man to sell bras.

I guess the next obvious question is if you were a man working in a lingerie trying to sell bras to women, would the women be more comfortable if you were also wearing a bra or would that make them less comfortable about the whole thing?

Good point - wasn't it legendary aviator Howard Hughes who designed a special bra for 1940's movie superstar and pin-up girl Jane Russell using all of his engineering know-how to accomplish that task?

I would, but I live too far away!

As for minimum wage, you have to look at other benefits other than money.
    Just think of all the lingerie and all the beautiful female customers.

It would be a nice hobby at the least.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Aspiring Member
    The information a yong male might have access to at a studio that fits support garments to older women with shot muscles from childe bearing might take a bit of the thrill out of learning what she hids in her panties