Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips and tricks to gain bodymass?

Tips and tricks to gain bodymass?

Hi all,

Something that has been bothering me for my entire life. I have a high metabolism, as a result of that I am underweight (BMI: 15.6)
    I have never really cared much for it. People have ridiculed me for my scrawny body, but it didn't bother me too much.
    However now that I am taking my first steps in CD'ing, I am immensely bothered with it. I would love to fill out a bit more. Mostly my face and my hips/thighs.

That's why I am looking for some hints and tips to fill out my body. Or at least create the illusion of being less skinny.

Some things I do know:
    - Eating much more than I do know does not help. I can't eat a lot, and if I try, my body uses a lot of energy to digest the food.
    - Eating junkfood does not help either. My body can't handle too much of it ^^
    - I have been advised to work out and gain more muscles. While this would help me gain weight, it would not fill out my body as much. I won't a nice soft body, not a hard ripped body

So does anyone have any tips and tricks for my problem? Perhaps some foodtips, or maybe just something purely cosmetic to gain the illusion.

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    I'd use pads for hips/thighs. My understanding is, if you gain weight you'll gain muscle or tummy, unless you take female hormones at the same time to change the distribution.

Makeup can change the shape of your face. You need to talk to an artiste.

if like me get old and you will get heaver, or maybe get hurt and not be able to do 3/4 of the things you love to to...like walk more than 100 feet. a hurt back really puts a damper in ones life.
    i was/still am a hyper person like you, must always be doing some thing, my mom said she always knew when i was sick...i did not move for 30 seconds.

I know that the fat distribution will tend to be in the wrong places. But I am really skinny right now, so I'm sure that gaining weight will fill me out evenly before it goes to my tummy. ^^

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    I know that the fat distribution will tend to be in the wrong places. But I am really skinny right now, so I'm sure that gaining weight will fill me out evenly before it goes to my tummy. ^^
    I wouldn't be so sure. I've lost 50lbs and am now normal weight, but I have a large tummy and thin elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    if like me get old and you will get heaver, or maybe get hurt and not be able to do 3/4 of the things you love to to...like walk more than 100 feet. a hurt back really puts a damper in ones life.
    i was/still am a hyper person like you, must always be doing some thing, my mom said she always knew when i was sick...i did not move for 30 seconds.

Oh I'm really not that hyper I just have a crazy metabolism. I once forced myself to eat a lot for an entire week, and I gained 1kg, as a side effect I felt sick from eating too much.
    That's why I'm trying to find the types of food that are high in protein and fat, so my body will use up the protein and leave the fat alone (at least that's what I hope to happen )

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin A View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. I've lost 50lbs and am now normal weight, but I have a large tummy and thin elsewhere.
    Well I'm not exactly expecting wonders but I am extremely skinny (you can count some of my ribs, my joints are highly visible, etc...) I have been asked by people on multiple occasions if I am anorexic (Eventho I am not THAT skinny haha )

So i'm sure that gaining some weight will fill me out a bit in some areas. ^^
    Last edited by alexis GG; 07-23-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Merged posts.. Please use the mutli quote button

Platinum Member
    my advice is to do some reasonable weight training - you can focus on muscle groups you'd like to bulk up. Beyond that, simple weight gain isn't anything to aspire to...sorta falls into the "be careful what you wish for" category. those of us who have had to go the other way - losing wieght, know that its a lot more difficult to take off and keep off weight.

Me Too

Reid, I am exactly the same! I am very skinny, and have never been able to gain weight/fat. Like no fat anywhere! And I cannot eat a big meal either. While it's nice to be a slender girl, even the most skinny girl still has the curves and fat in the right places. There is tons of advice in the ohter sections. I have taken to easy yoga/stretching videos and dance/light workout videos. These videos are for women and they target the same area's we are looking for - thighs, butt, tummy. This way, boy or girl, your going to have a healthier, sexier body!

Gold Member
    You might be a lot more active than you think.
    For a few days, try to keep accurate count of calories in VS calories out.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Reid,

Do I ever hear you, sis!

My advice? Do what I did. Stop worrying about it. I'm not sure what my BMI is, but I'm 5' 10" and weigh 130 pounds. To me that's great as in my senior year of high school, I weighed 109, so at least I'm gaining. Metabolism is a freaky thing. Enjoy it.

There are various shading techniques for makeup that can "round you out" appreciably. There are clothing choices you can use as well. Here are a few links to a post of mine and a picture gallery showing what you can do to give the illusion of shape where, like us, none exists. I don't use padded panties or any enhancer (well, except for the boobs, I guess ).

Good luck, and enjoy your body!

Kathi

I don't know if you are eating 3 meals a day everyday at the same time...Once your body knows its going to get fed then maybe it will be able to start storing somefat?

Like Nicole said you maybe more active than you think and need to look at your calorie counts?

Thanks for the replies everyone

@kathi Those are some lovely pictures. But to give you an idea, I weight the same as you.. only I'm 6' 4" I have to battle against my underweight issues and the fact that I resemble a light pole

@bianca: I should definitely eat more on regular times thanks for the reminder

@Biona: thanks for the tips ^^

Reid, i have the same problem with a high metabolism.

My friends were working out and getting buff and
    i wanted to get big too but i dont want to mess up my female figure.

If you want to gain body mass, consume as much protein as you can without making you sick. Thats what i did when i worked out but recently figured out that i dont need to be big to make myself happy.

I have found this site that gives you a free somewhat personalized diet based on the information you enter.
    http://shtrainer.com/
    I will definitely try this out it looks reasonable so far, it does look like I'll have to eat a lot more fruits tho

Single and loving it ;) alexis GG's Avatar
    You could always eat lots of these

cupcake_17916c.jpg
    Long gone

Hi Reid, you are correct about toning up and getting cut when you work out. However there are varying results depending how you work out. I’ll give two examples of how one might work out and the results given. We’ll use a chest workout as the example.

1) If a person keeps reps relatively high with moderate weight then they would most likely over time expect to get more muscle tone or “cut”. So if a person did 4 sets of barbell presses with each of those sets with reps being in the 8 to 18 range then this would produce more tone.
    2) If a person keeps low reps with very heavy weight then they would most likely over time expect to get more mass or “bulk” muscle. So if a person did 4 sets of barbell presses with each of those sets with reps being in the 4 to 7 range then this would produce more mass. (This means that the person would have to use weight heavy enough that it is an all-out struggle to complete 4 to 7 reps)

Now option two is not full proof by any means and results will differ for everyone, especially for a person like you with a super high metabolism. You would probably end up getting cut no matter what. However if you give option 2 a try then I would go to GNC or other vitamin store and buy some weight gainer protein powder. These are like other protein powder shakes but have increased calories to put on mass. So you could give these shakes a try between meals. Also I would suggest taking creatine. This will help to keep more water in your muscles and help with the “softness” affect your looking for. And lastly I would let any store clerks you talk to know that you are a “hard gainer.” They may be able to suggest some other products that might help you with weight gain. I hope this helps and best of luck getting bigger!

Crossdresser In Training Davina Diamond's Avatar
    Hey reid, I studied in nutrition and sport science and like you I was skinny when I was younger.
    First off, there's no point in working out whatsover because muscle and fat are two seperate types of cells and muscle can't turn into fat and vice versa.

For your body to produce fat you have to force it into a hibernation cycle. To do this you eat a high protein diet,reduce excercise and slowly diminish the amount of daylight you let your body receive.
    The two best foodstuffs for protein are eggs and nuts. You basically eat only those really, drink a lot of fruitjuice and smoothies for vitamins too.
    You can also try some relaxation techniques to help slow you're body's average heart rate and stay as warm as possible so your body doesn't have to burn much energy to keep warm.

You could try all this for a while and still not put on weight such is nature of our physiology, it's really down to genetics.

I hope you have luck with you're weight gain reid.

@alexis....ooo I spot a cupcake,lol
    "Be who you want to be, not what other's want to see"

Thank you so much for the info Davina
    I'll have to start shopping for some nuts to process in my food

This is the dietplan the site gave me, it seems like a healthy plan.

* Daily Needs: Gaining One - Two Pounds Per Week
    o Calorie Intake:
    + to gain 1 pound per week: 2807
    + to gain 2 pounds per week: 3307
    o Fruits: about 2.5 cups
    o Vegetables: about 4 cups
    o Grains: about 10 ounce-equivalents
    o Meat and Beans: about 7 ounce-equivalents
    o Milk: about 3 cups
    o Oils: about 10-11 teaspoons
    o Approximate Discretionary Calorie Allowance: about 512-648

* Breakfast Suggestions
    o 2oz-eq of grain
    o 1 cup of vegetables
    o 1/2 cup of fruit
    o 1 cup of milk

* Lunch Suggestions
    o 2oz-eq of grain
    o 2oz-eq of meat or beans
    o 1 cup of vegetables
    o 1 cup of fruits
    o 1 cup of milk

* Dinner Suggestions
    o 2oz-eq of grain
    o 2oz-eq of meat or beans
    o 1 cup of vegetables

* Snack Suggestions
    o 4oz-eq of grain
    o 3oz-eq of meat or beans
    o 1 cup of vegetables
    o 1 cup of fruits
    o 1 cup of milk

* Oils should be added to meals throughout the day by using them in salad dressings, vegetable spreads or mayonnaise and when cooking.
    * Discretionary calories can also be added into your meals throughout the day in the form of any food as long as you have filled the need for every other food group.

Crossdresser In Training Davina Diamond's Avatar
    There's different theories on how to gain and lose weight because its such a varied and diverse study.

I think that plan is too much food. If your body is getting a steady supply of food then it won't turn into fat as you're metabilsm is so efficient, it'll just simply burn it off.
    What ya need to do is trick your body into thinking it isn't going to get a constant food supply so it begins to hold energy and thus fat.

Rather than sticking to set meals. Go back to the hunter gatherer method.

In the morning only have an high energy/low calorie breakfast like coffee or an egg sandwich.
    At around 12-1 have some fruit and nuts for lunch
    At 5-6 have something to fill you up for dinner, the best think is rice with chicken and some sauce.
    Then at night (11-12) have another snack, the best is toast.

Now what you should also do is change your eating times, so one day you stick to the times above and another day you'd have your lunch at 2, dinner at 7 and a snack at 1am, just keep changing times and shortening/lengthening times between each meal.
    If you stick to that eating plan, do relaxation techniques and just chill out and watch tv, I bet you'd put on more weight than if you stick to that other plan.

All the best
    "Be who you want to be, not what other's want to see"

I can't guess your age, but as a senior citizen, I can say I've been there. When I was 20, I was 6' 2" and 130 pounds. My doctor said I should gain weight. I tried supplements, weight training (12 week plan - I lost 10 pounds), but nothing really helped. Age has added weight mostly around the waist which I'm trying to lose, but I'm really glad I didn't bulk up as I tried to do. I prefer my feminine look now. I'm still slender, and women have said they think I have great legs. What greater compliment could I get? So, I think what I am suggesting is you should find fashions that complement your figure as I have tried to do. It sounds like you are model material.

Dee

You're going to have to:

a) Eat more.
    b) Become more sedentary.
    or
    c) Get older (and have your metabolic rate slow down).

My mother has a great deal of difficulty gaining weight -- I understand that can be very difficult. She's struggled with it for years, and has managed to get halfway there by finding things she can eat to get her intake up.

Are you sure you're not anexoric? I know some elite runners (who are obviously very healthy), and they are extemely thin: 5'8" and 125 lbs, for example, yet their bmi is about 19.

If you're down in the 15's I'm not sure that's even healthy.

What is your age?

When I was late teens to early twenties (pre military), I was six foot eight (203 centimeters) and weighed appx. 175 pounds (12.5 stones).

I believe my problem with lack of weight has gone away over the last forty plus years (check my pics) .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!

I am 24 right now And while it is a nice thing to look forward too that I'll gain some weight when I get older. I would like to have a nicer body right now and not have to wait 20 years haha

@dilane: anorexia is a psychological disorder. My mindset is not the one of an anorexic ^^ I am underweight tho, and just like being overweight it's not healthy.

@Davina: Thank you so much for this explanation I will definitely try it out, but I think that's pretty much my current lifestyle xD haha

How much does an average person gain that does what you say?

The formula is simple. Eat more calories than you burn. Protein? No. Atkins proved that you can eat as much protein and fat as you want and lose weight. Carbs. Lots of carbs, those wonderful, empty calories. Stop eating 'healthy' food. Eat: Candy. Fried chips. Cookies. Low fat, high carb? Who cares, eat it. Again, forget about the protiens. You only need a little when you're sedentary anyway, you're not breaking down your muscles. One egg a day should to it. Soda (Coca cola syrup has been used frequently to settle the stomach, so you can probably sip on regular coke all day long, say, a 20 oz bottle every two hours which will add about 2000 calories to your daily intake alone) or milk shakes, make sure it has some nice sugary flavored syrup added; like bananas? A banana shake is loaded with calories. Ice cream. Cake. Dessert with every meal, and of course a mid morning, mid afternoon, and evening snack, don't forget to eat a nice bowl of ice cream before you go to sleep, after sitting on the couch watching the ball game (make sure you don't participate in any exercises or sports). You'll balloon up, guaranteed. Wait till your skeleton catches up with your girth; then, work out and the muscles will come, and cover your new, wider frame. It's not easy, and it's not instantaneous, but nothing really is. Can't guarantee anything in life, but the above is basically what happened to me. My dad was rail thin all his life, but then again, he smoked instead of ate.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 07-24-2010 at 06:39 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I think I'd rather go with something that is a bit healthier for your body sometimes_miss