Thread: Makeup experiences

soft, smooth, beautiful <3Katie<3's Avatar

Makeup experiences

I just recently had my makeup done by a GG. She did a very good job as she made me look really natural and beautiful. It took awhile, because she was giving me instructions as she was doing my makeup and she let me help her as well so I could learn more. This was such a liberating experience for me. It was almost calming and just very relaxing. Has anyone else had this experience? It was so great having someone else work on me. Its almost like having someone play with my hair lol. I just love it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have had 2 makeovers myself in different shops and have never been very happy with the results.
    Michelle

I got help from a professional makeup artist when I was getting started. I kept on asking for explanations and also asked to try myself so I could find what I was doing wrong (or right). Eventually I learned the tricks so I do it myself now. But I advice all novices to try at least once with a pro.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'd love to give it a try some day. My wife has never been much of a makeup gal with dark hair and just needing a touch of blush and lipstick to be ready. She's never felt the need to work me over, partly because she doesn't feel comfortable with it herself.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    I am like Sky ~ I had my makeup done for my first several times out, and a couple of times at events. I found makeup ladies via craigslist, and went to salons, a MAC store, and a department store. It is fun and relaxing and almost sensual ~ it's very intimate IMO.

My problem is, the pros tend to be lighter in their application. I need cover and a bit of sculpting so I look more female when they're done. The craigslist ladies did a better job, I think.

Mary Kay or Avon reps will also do makeup ~ for free.

Tiffanythecd2002 tiffanythecd2001's Avatar

Smile

Hi, i can pass pretty good, but i need too learn alot about makeup, got me some nice books super cheap, thats fine , my problem is outdoor heat, when i go out in the heat looks like coal mine run off yuky , any advice on that thank's Tiffany.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been to 2 different makeup/transition people and enjoyed both times. But the person who really could make me look totally feminine was my late wife. She sold Avon and was an absolute star with makeup. When she did my makeup and fixed my wig, I was definitely passable. Now that she is gone I don't even try!! Sure I still dress and go out, but as a man now!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I def have a lot to learn. I would love to get together with a GG and have her teach me some things.

The avvy pic isn't me
    I have planned this a few times in advance and a gg friend was going to accompany me, she is friends with a TG meake-up pro, but life and budget stuff seems to get in the way. Want to do it in conjunction with a wig fitting and when i get more of a wardrobe together, so i can then go out the same evening. Summer here makes it very hard with the extreme heat.
    I'm stubborn about having a real make-over done by a pro the first few times, so i only currently use mascara and eyebrow pencil. mj (Cassie)

Quote Originally Posted by <3Katie<3 View Post
    I just recently had my makeup done by a GG. She did a very good job as she made me look really natural and beautiful. It took awhile, because she was giving me instructions as she was doing my makeup and she let me help her as well so I could learn more. This was such a liberating experience for me. It was almost calming and just very relaxing. Has anyone else had this experience? It was so great having someone else work on me. Its almost like having someone play with my hair lol. I just love it.
    Oh I know & I just love it too. I see Kat (GG) at Janet's Closet. She's so sweet and BTW, extremely hot. We always laugh about one thing or another. And she's very good - 'cosmetics expert' isn't quite good enough; Artiste is more apropos! I always feel wonderful after she's done me... *Dreamily thinks to self: Gawd I'd love to go out with her...*