Thread: Does anyone else find it mentialy exhausting to present as male?

Does anyone else find it mentialy exhausting to present as male?

I went on a family type camping vacation last week, and for the first time in the ten years that I have been doing it I was a mental wreck. I am not out to anyone who was there.
    I did underdress but it is not enough anymore. The relief I felt when I got home and shaved, and epalated my chest and legs was substantial. And to sleep with my forms and nighty - Heaven.
    I am thinking that I am progressing in my journey .
    So the question is does any one else feel like that?

A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Definitely!

Suzy Toronto (click here) has a wonderful graphic in her Wonderful Wacky Women collection:

"Pretending to be a normal person day-after-day is exhausting!"
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

It's the other way around for me..It's easy being a guy . Wake up ,shower brush the teeth throw jeans t shirt ball cap on and I am off to work..I find it very un comfortable sleeping with any thing femme on.Maybe it's the way I sleep..I take the whole bed up habit I guess and anything that is tight or different will keep me tossing and turning..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

i definently hate having to wear anything mens now days.really the only time i do a mens tee shirt,and shorts is when i go to the gym.other than that its always girls clothes for me.it drives my wife nuts too.hell i even wera makeup every day now too.i guess im just a really girly man.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Especially when you present as female too.
    Michelle

extremely exhausting

I find in extremely exhausting being a Guy day after day hiding my natural self,It kills me.just cant wait for the weekends when the real me gets out.

for sure, i can hardly sleep without panties or a bra on
    I may be a girl at heart, but I can still put anyone in their place

I have to say yes. I fing it very exhausting. As I said in another post. lately I don't pass very well as a male anymore. I have to really work at it to have the male look.

Smile

not sure about tiring... but a pain for sure.
    just trying to not say do somethings. if done it could lead to a oop's point in time.
    even just trying to grow my nails....and not make a cominet to thoses I work with..when I break one.

it would be great to be my self all the time. and not put up this front during the day at work.

Not really. I'm always the same in either mode anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karinsamatha View Post
    Does anyone else find it mentaly exhausting to present as male?
    Not any more! The last 6 to 8 weeks of having to pretend I was male were more than exhausting they were absolute hell. Luckily for me the worst I am likely to have in the near future is a 4 day weekend because my niece who is getting married doesn't know I'm not a man.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Here is my conundrum I am who I am no matter how I am dressed. What I find exhausting are the stereotypes our society has developed about men and women and the so called gender cues that are not biologically cued up.

I just really want to dress the way I want and nobody care about it.

Aspiring Member
    I literally live at work as a man 2 days and at home as myself the other 5- I havent quite gotten to the point of tearing my male clothes off when I get home, but Im probably close.

Mentally and physically exhausting. Only because my "real" life revolves around the male me. My male self goes to work - really never mentally leaving the stress of it at the office, male self helps around the house - inside and out, does the social thing, fixes cars, builds things, plans family future, inhales to inflate chest while being protector, etc..
    The girl me gets to take a ride on easy street. No, I don't have to put up with the bad part of being a woman (bad hair/makeup days don't count). Low pay, physical problems, etc.. (Heck, any Gg would for-go that too if she could)
    In girl mode I leave the mental exhaustion at home. Why pack it with me if I don't have to? Being a CD in public comes with enough stress. I enjoy getting dressed, putting on makeup and running the town for Carmel Maciados. I tie my hair back, sans make-up and jump into my sport bra and shorts and putter around the garden if I want.
    O.K., talked myself into it. It's a girls night. Wife is over at daughters house babysitting grandkids and I'll be home alone with nothing to do, so its off to my favorite restaurant for a cocktail tonight. Thanks for the thread. Now I have something to look forward to tonight and help me through my work day.

Yes ,and I think that the older I get the worst it gets .

spent a weekend riding.. with redneck friends... and lets just say... i couldnt stay as a guy... i had to go back to my girls clothes...

I have been happy in ether mode. But I must admit as time goes on I am beginning to find it unpleasant to be in guy mode for too long.
    But at the same time being Suzy gives me more and more pleasure.
    This leads to an interesting question. Does our C.D.ing just go on getting stronger for some of us?

SUZY

For me it has been getting stronger all the time. I am at a point where I can't wait to get home from work and get into my comfy clothes. To be truthfully I haven't been buying much in the way of male clothes either.
    I am feeling more and more that the male facade is just that, and extremely exhausting to maintain

A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx