Thread: omg mom is here

omg mom is here

Im 41 and my mom is having problems with her relationship with my step father he is an %^&%$# so she moved from Fl to Pa and moved in with me . Ive ben single for years and dont have any prospects and love my house . quiet and alone time walking around the house in well you know ... im gowing to a jumping the broom ceromoy on fri for my aunt and her lover and having my back waxed tomarow. ive told her im a crossdresser but she just says yea ok fine . so i drop it but i dont want to shock her theres like two sides to me and she olny realy sees one .I love her and she needs help and im here for her as long as she needs . but im like gowing through withdrawl .apreadheated

My
    Looks like you have confronted your demons and put it out in the open. Your mom said: whatever, and that is that. Now, I would just wear something simple and see what the reaction will be as to provoke the reaction so to speak. It might turn out like totally cool, on the other hand she might have something to say, and why not, let her if so. The more you will be your self the more you can share with your mom. Believe me, I know, I kept the secret 40 years and just came out to my sis and mom, and it wasn't just CDing but the whole works of the third kind. If she loves you now, she will love you then.

Time to slowly introduce Mom to Karen. Start a simple conversation about clothes or shoes. Sit with her and ask her opinion on crossdressing. Basically, find some way to open a conversation about it, as being just small talk. Then, with that door slightly open gradually upograde the the talk. It will take time to properly gauge her responses and then react according to them, but you are making an effort to communicate. Remember, patience is key to creating understanding. Andrea.

This is a great opportunity for you, especially at your age.....I wish I was 41 again and had this forum! First, I would be very sensible in my clothing choices while she is around and while you are out. Try and ask advice from her as to what to buy and what to wear. Don't be over the top and revert back to guy mode on occassion as to not worry her. This could be very enjoyable.
    Kristen

Aspiring Member

Pursue happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen C View Post
    Im 41 and my mom is having problems with her relationship with my step father he is an %^&%$# so she moved from Fl to Pa and moved in with me . Ive ben single for years and dont have any prospects and love my house . quiet and alone time walking around the house in well you know ... im gowing to a jumping the broom ceromoy on fri for my aunt and her lover and having my back waxed tomarow. ive told her im a crossdresser but she just says yea ok fine . so i drop it but i dont want to shock her theres like two sides to me and she olny realy sees one .I love her and she needs help and im here for her as long as she needs . but im like gowing through withdrawl .apreadheated

Live your own life. Your mom is having a hard time and trying to get her life back on track. Last thing she needs is you being footloose, free, and, unhappy....

As the saying goes, "Oye! I should have your problems instead of mine!"

Yeah, do what pleases you, support your mom, and, go on with life.

My mom and I never talked much about clothes and so forth. She was more interested in who I was meeting an where I was going. More "going and doing" was better with her...

too bad you hadn't told your mom before she moved in. I know she is having a tough time, but maybe it is time to tell her about you.
    Michelle

Aspiring Member

meeting karen

Well, maybe your mom may need to meet Karen. Moving from Fl to Pa, she may need someone to chat and socialize with.I know she just moved in and you let it be known you are a CD. She may see the femme side of you as a welcoming warmer side of you. Let her know how Karen helps you be a well rounded person. Im not sure of the communication level between mother and her son, but it might be different in the role of mother daughter. Leaving that expletive of a man, she might be put off by men until she can heal again. Either way, the two of you need to communicate.
    Rachel

Smile

you will find moms just love there kids. and love to shop with there daughters :-)

Well she has known that ive been different for years . I have tried to explain things to her . I think she is coming around slowly the more people learn the better off we all are . Ps I dont think ill ever tell my father .

Why not have a fashion magazine to hand and ask what she tinks of this dress, that skirt or the nice underwear? Might be a good starting point for a conversation. Good luck and hope all works out!

Whatever you decide to do, I believe in GO SLOW.

Gold Member
    Mom will love you either way.
    I live with my mom right now and she has NO problems with me, and knows very well I am TS.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I would never tell my mother about my hobby, even she already knew about it when I was 13 or 14.
    I told my coworkers about it & bought makeups from them, they thought I was joking & have too much $ to spend.

I read the thread title and for a moment thought that you meant that your mum (mom) had become a member of the forum?

Then I thought: Are there any supportive parents here?
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Silver Member
    So, what's your problem?

You have already told her you are a crossdresser. She said, "Yeah, whatever".

So there you are. Out of the closet. What are you worried about? This is your MOTHER for goodness sake. She will love you no matter what. Introduce your fem side gradually, not all at once (IMHO), and everything will be fine.

Stephie

Hi there. I told my mom when I was 22 or 23 and she wanted nothing to do with and never wanted to see me dressed.

But untill last year she excepeted it and she has been to the mall with me and just last month I went to the family BBQ and she saw me there the day I got there dressed with some friends and family. I did not go to the BBQ dressed cuz she asked. But she not let's me get dressed in her house to go out bit I can't shop I'm town.

Oh ya I'm 40 now.

Ya it took her like 17 or so years to be ok with my CDing. You mom says whatever? Well she maybe ok but more then likely she does not know how to deal with it.

She's your mom and your going to have to give her time to get uses to and except it. I might take years months or weeks but if she loves you it (should) happen.

Just remember she needs to take this at her pace. I was as my mom said was pushing ( I would bring up the CDing once or twice a year) and that for her was pushing.

And no she does not want to go shopping with Christina. She does give me advice with makeup , and she when I left to go home did not like my short skirt I was wearing and told me so. Moms they never like when there little girls wear short sexy stuff. I nearly cried when she told me that.

My point is she may or may not be ok but she need to stay with you and that might be the reason she said "whatever" to your cding. Just remember she IS your mom and you must respect her wishes. Love her and all should work out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I know my mum would be perfectly accepting. It's more of an issue of worrying over my mental health, knowing how prone the whole gender crowd is to depression.