Thread: Ever Tell Someone and...

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar

Ever Tell Someone and...

... he says "yeah? So do I." Or she says "huh. My brother does that." I mean there are a LOT of us out there ~ that should happen. Shouldn't it?

The closest I've come is someone invited me to join her clothing swap meetup (I had expressed interest). I wrote back and said "I may not be the type of person you're looking for. In spite of the picture, I'm a guy." Well, I was welcomed and she's now a good friend.

I asked her how she got to be so accepting and she said her caught her son dressing and did a lot of reading and it turned out to be just curiosity on his part. But she's open-minded and enjoys Meg's company. Her new meetup co-owner is another gurl.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeMeg View Post
    ... he says "yeah? So do I." Or she says "huh. My brother does that." I mean there are a LOT of us out there ~ that should happen. Shouldn't it?
    I've had more than one GG SA in their mid 20's say that they have a number of friends that dress. If I recall correctly, one said her brother dresses.

True story: when I started going to the local Tall Girls store, which was near the local arena, the assistant manager re-assured me by saying that several members of the local professional football team were customers of theirs.

Although not directly, this has happened. When my partner was explaining to her friends what was going on with me, a few of them had friends/brothers/friends of friends that were somewhere on the tg spectrum. Actually at that time that made me feel like a million times better,,,i thought i was all alone,,,,and then i found all you lovely people too!
    x flic x

I told a woman once and she told me her uncle is a closeted cd'er.
    Michelle

I allways had trouble accepting my cding, until a girl friend of mine told me of the friends she had that cd. I eventually told her and with her help was finally able to accept Cherie as me. glad I did

A whole back I told my younger sister and her transgender partner that I cross-dressed and they were very understanding and supportive.
    My sister then shared that information with her best friend who in turn admitted that her husband is also a cross-dresser.
    So we are out there , some hidden and some not !
    Tomara

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Once, I went to CD weekend.
    I discovered someone there live right around the corner frome me.
    However, they were super parinoid about it and wanted no contact after we left the weekend.

I tried to tell them that I wanted complete discretion also but, they still did not want any further contact for fear that someone (else) might find out.

What did you say? What did you say???

A long time ago I had two friends who had quite a story.

They lived accross the street from each other for 25 years; one was a retired president of a Fortune 500 company and the other was a retired physician. They and their wives were best friends and socalized at least weekly.

Unfortunately the doctor's wife passed away. Months went by and one of them saw the other drive away from the house, waved and suddenly realized the person he waved to was a woman. Of course, this event prompted a conversation between the two and they both found out at the same time they were both crossdressers.

I met them at a TG support group and even though I was much younger we went many places together almost monthly.

Acceptance

Yep, came out to a neighbour, and they told me about their friend, and have since introduced me. Then talking to my bosse's wife, and well, she kind of sussed me out, then said one of her old school friends was post op, and that she was sure that her youngest son was tg. Oh and she can keep a secret, so my job is not at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    I allways had trouble accepting my cding, until a girl friend of mine told me of the friends she had that cd. I eventually told her and with her help was finally able to accept Cherie as me. glad I did
    aw thanks xx
    yeah its so common and its a real shame that peeps feel they cant relax and be themselves with it. Its really only ignorance and arrogance that prevents people from understanding.

Platinum Member
    Not yet. I've confided with a relatively small group, including my SO, a sister and a couple of my wife's gf's....so far, no one has acknowledged even knowing another CDer.

Looking to help others. christiek's Avatar
    The closest I've come to something like that is when I used to got to RHPS every weekend when I was 17-18 (I was 17 at this particular time). I was wearing a black cami with a maroon zip up sweater leather miniskirt and leather boots. It was the first time I had ever had my makeup done right. My friend was nice enough to do it for me. I also was wearing rice in pantyhose as cheap breastforms and they were rather large. This guy looked over at me (you could tell he was half drunk) and said "omg are those real or do you have implants?" I replied, in a rather deep voice I might add, "neither, your not even close." He stumbled backwards almost falling in the street (we were outside smoking at the time). Everyone out there started laughing. A few minutes later as we were walking inside this "guy" got my attention. So I stopped and started to talk to him. He said he was a CD but that he had never been out in public before. I told him that Rocky was a great place to start. He didn't feel that his friends would accept him tho. My GF at the time started pulling on my sweater telling me to come on that the show was starting back up. I cut the convo short saying that I'd see him again next week. I never did tho. I have no clue what ever happened. I sometimes wonder what ever happened tho "him" and what he decided to do. That could have been a good friend that I was missing out on knowing.