Thread: Shopping and meeting a newbie! It's Long!!

Shopping and meeting a newbie! It's Long!!

Hi All,
    In a post in the shopping section, I told of my 'love' of Payless, the shoes are great but the SA's I encountered were Awesome! Last night I went to a standalone Payless I frequent near my home. On a previous trip I saw a pair of flat suede-like below the knee boots I liked and 'had 'to have. As I'm looking the first SA comes by to see if I need help,
    'No, just looking', is my reply. I grab the boots and place them on the seat and continue to look. I find several pairs and try them on and as I am about to grab the boots the second SA comes around the corner, reaches for the boots, 'Oh, I'm buying those!' she stop's short and smiles and say's
    'I love these and the short ankle boots !' she goes on about what to wear them with and the first SA comes over to compliment me on my choice. SA #2 say's 'What're you going to wear with these?'
    For a brief second I'm caught off guard, SA#1 says'I'll bet you'd look great with leggings and a tunic type of top, or skinny jeans.' SA#2 agrees approvingly.
    'That was my thought exactly, or tights and a mini and long a top.' Not even thinking these two(early twenty-somethings) might be messin' with me! Then they saw the heels in my hand, both let out a little squeal and remarked that those are glam for dressing up.
    'I just got a skirt with a patent belt that these would go great with', once again I've entered the pink fog!! A little more chit-chat and I've paid and left, and it dawns on me I've had a conversation about dressing with two total strangers!! It felt soo good I was on a cloud.
    Today I got off work early and dressed in a womans tee and jeans and underdressed and set off for TJ Maxx, didn't find what I was looking for, so then I went to the mall to look at Payless. It was quiet despite the amount of people in the mall. Once again the SA comes by, my same response. I'm weighing the thought of two different pairs of flats, I try the first, didn't like the fit. Tried a pair of Audrey flats in purple. The SA walks up behind me and exclaims 'I have those in black, they are SOO comfy, you'll love em!'
    At this exact point I have my shoes off and am displaying my foot in my Peavy tights(Hooters Hose!!), 'I love the color of your tights, were did you get them?' Without thought,
    'I got them from a site on the net.' Her reply, 'I like the shine, I should get some.' She then asks about the fit and wear. I realize she has no wedding ring and is about early thirtys. Then comes what to wear them with and the big question: 'Do you go out dressed? I mean, I shouldn't be so forward to ask because it's none of my business, but I wonder....' I answered her that while I don't go to clubs or bars I've been out a few times dressed. She said it sounded like fun and did I have someone to dress with? Just around my wife who is good with this. I thanked her for being so nice and understanding, she said she would consider a boyfriend to dress with and go out to clubs, but he'd have to be good in other areas to start with. I paid then I was off to K Mart. There in the hosiery aisle I came across a young man looking at nylons, I caught him off guard, like a deer in head lights!! He said this isn't what you think, to my reply, who cares what I think and I pointed to my shoe and pulled up my pants leg a bit(Very bold or stupid) were he could see my tights. He then spilled his story on me how he started with his moms things(Like most of us). And that he's conflicted about his feelings buy really wants to dress and has a million questions about clothes and sizes. We talked for a few minutes and he then realized he needed to go as he was supposed to be getting things for his mother who would probably be waiting for him. I gave him my e-mail address and said for him to contact me anytime, with that he scurried away. I hope I didn't scare him too badly!!!
    Sorry this is so long, it's been a great two days!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    I was in a Payless in College Park, MD. I was looking at some shoes (in drab) and the (male) clerk came over and said "you do know you're looking at women's shoes". I said "yes". He said "more are coming in tomorrow". I said "I might be back then. Thank you".

They had the largest women's shoes right in front of the huge mall window ~ if they thought that would discourage me, they were mistaken.

In another Thread currently running, we just got done advising someone else NOT to confront A Supposed T-Gal at A Traffic Light. Different Situation, and our advise would remain The Same, BUT you did make it work "this time" at K Mart.

Course, he wasn't dressed and your didn't "read" him. In this Case, I would reckon "Ya' done good!" Perhaps you made a new friend and you can help a young person who is conflicted. Perhaps you will steer him here, and help him find some self-acceptance.

Peace and Love, Joanie

PS. I will assume you didn't want to "go there," but you missed about The Biggest, Overt, Solicitation that I've heard of in a long, long, time. I'll assume your married, cause she was sure putting out "signals!"
    Last edited by sterling12; 07-30-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Sounds like an awsome day! I love days like that!

Rachel

What a lovely and humorous story...thanks for sharing ..

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I'm glad you were "gentle" with the poor dear. What a great time for him, I'm sure - to know that he is not alone.

Kathi

Gold Member
    That is some great experiences in one bunch. The conversations with SAs....Fun! I think you did good with the young man and I hope he emails you as that would mean he wasn't running back to the closet because he didn't hide well. You did good. Just remember how jumpy we all were in the beginning.

Sounds like you got a GF if you want her. Better stay away though sounds like too many women in your life with a wife at home.

I remember those early days of trying to get the courage to buy something but feeling torn in my feelings. Hopefully you can help her find acceptance in her life before she has to live with years of torment.
    Michelle

Michelle,
    I'm pretty oblivous to being hit on as I'm not looking and she didn't seem to be trying anyway. My wife says I flirt all the time and I don't even know it!!! That and I've been married for 20 years, Very Happily!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]