Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you found your answers?

Have you found your answers?

I know many come to this site to find answers and also kindred spirits. I came because the website came up when I did a search on Drag Queens back in 2006 as I was thinking of performing at the time. Well, I didn't find any DQ's but I did find a nice place to discuss things(without reservation) and have made many friends in the last four years doing so. I've grown as a person since then as well, getting in touch with my feelings and emotions and realizing it's okay to express them in either mode. As a result I don't need to be in any specific mode and can enjoy myself equally as Rich or Denise.

So, has coming here fulfilled your needs and answered your questions? People want to know.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    This has been a source for answers but more important it has sparked questions that I've needed to ask myself. I read posts and responses and think about my life in ways that wouldn't be possible without this community. I'm forcing myself to not just talk the talk, but walk the walk as well. I've met people here both on line and in person and it is a comfort to know such good people with such a great diversity of opinion and experience. And I've started to see that some of my questions just don't matter in the long run. I've discovered that some of these questions just run me around in circles and I wouldn't have understood that without knowledge gained here.

No, it hasn't answered all my questions. In the end I have to do that myself but I'll get those answers based on a solid foundation of good information.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

If not for this and anther forum I would never built courage to face my demons. I have gotten to the point in my life that life it self wasn't valuable enough to me to keep sustaining. I was inches away from the abyss of eternity and then I found an outlet which gave me hope, desire, vision of road ahead, and future awaiting with wonders. I since came out of the shadow and shared my story with few of my closest souls in my family. They have embraced Alexia as though a natural, living, breathing and loving person she is. Stone has been lifted from my heart, and my soul can soar, free and pure, I have been granted permission to be ME. And it all is possible because of this place, so yes, this family is mine as much as my own natural family is. I lough here, I cry here, I dream here....... I love here!

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    The short awnser is yes ,The truth is coming here has helped me grow as a person and understand who I am , to know it is okay to be myself and grow in that person who now is a much better person and better SO to my wife. I am a much happier person now then I was then I just changed my name ! I could never have imagined doing that let alone living as I am and it is because of this site and all the help and advise I have recieved and read here.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

I don't know if I can say it's answered all my questions, I'm not usually a person with alot of questions. Even though I've been wearing stuff behind closed door for 20+ years, I was looking for a resource to find additional info, hear from others. This site has definitely helped there. It's helped me to realize that there are many other straight men, happily married men, who cross dress, and do not want to live the life as a female. I'm feeling more confident that this is an OK thing, my wife is accepting of the little CDing that I do, and now I'm ready to expand that, and alot has to do with reading about others on this site.

So, answered alot of questions? Not sure. Helped with my CDing experience, and growing as a CDer, definitely.

Without question this site has helped me. It has allowed me to better understand why I like to cross dress, to become comfortable with it, to enable mer to come out to my family and to make friends.

Answers

Most certainly YES, without this forum Kaye would still be a shy reclusive girl, hiding behind locked doors and closed curtains, creeping out only in the dark. Now, in the words of the song, "My secrets not a secret anymore", and I am a more outgoing and confident woman. And as an extra bonus I have made a number of contacts and new friends. Oh yes God Bless those people who started Crossdressers.com

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I think that without this site, it would have taken me quite a few years more to realize that I was TG (maybe androgynous). Oh, I probably would have known anyhow that it was somehow about something more than just wearing the clothes, but admitting it and accepting the implications would have taken much more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia Elliot View Post
    If not for this and anther forum I would never built courage to face my demons. I have gotten to the point in my life that life it self wasn't valuable enough to me to keep sustaining. I was inches away from the abyss of eternity and then I found an outlet which gave me hope, desire, vision of road ahead, and future awaiting with wonders. I since came out of the shadow and shared my story with few of my closest souls in my family. They have embraced Alexia as though a natural, living, breathing and loving person she is. Stone has been lifted from my heart, and my soul can soar, free and pure, I have been granted permission to be ME. And it all is possible because of this place, so yes, this family is mine as much as my own natural family is. I lough here, I cry here, I dream here....... I love here!
    AND YOU'RE LOVED HERE!
    HURRY-UP, IN THE BACK SEAT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If it weren't for this site, I probably would have never, in a million years thought of coming out to my wife.

I still have questions. And, whenever I do, this is the first place I come looking for answers. So far, I have met the most wonderful ad genuine people here, ones I can relate to and understand. Too bad, such online community did not exist 20+ years ago.
    HURRY-UP, IN THE BACK SEAT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member Cindi Ann Kelly's Avatar
    This site has helped me accept who I am.

Cindi Ann

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    I found the forum when I was trying to find gurls who flew en femme before.... It was like when I was a child and loved dressing up. I thought I was the only one who wanted to do this.

Yes, I found answers. And I found I had answers for others who aren't as far on the path I'm on.

I have found many answers here, and in some cases I dont have the questions yet. But if not for this site I would not have had the courage to go further and experiment with my fem side, nor would I have told my spouse. Thus it has been in some cases a gift from heaven in allowing me to learn more about this side of me.
    To the mods.. thankyou, to the contributors many thanks.

This site definitely helped me to come to turns with who I was and who I wanted to be. In regards to answers, instead of losing sleep trying to work out "why", I just accepted that its how I was made and embrace it.
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Denise I came here because of my then crossdressing and it morphed into more. Then with the help of one of our sisters here I was refered to the gender therapist and my transition. This site was a tool to help me understand myself and became a home of many friends whom I may not have met personally but that is not necessary.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

No, not really!

I'm still trying to learn the rite QUESTIONS to ASK, Denise!

However, I CAN blame/credit this site for Sherry's rapid and sexy development!

I NEVER would have been brave enuff to progress as far as I have down the CD rabbit hole without the help/encouragement/advise/ and yes, even LOVE from some WONDERFUL girls here!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    When I came here, I had never knowingly met a CD or TS. So like many of us, I had a boatload of unanswered questions. They aren't all answered. Some just need to take time as I discover myself. Others will take time as we get better recognition as a group.

In the meantime, I have had fun. I have made friends. I came out to one of my children. I have met others from here in person and I have joined my local Tri-Ess. All this is a major growth for me and a result of continuing to seek answers.

Yes and surprisingly the answer(s) were "42".

No, but seriously, I have learned more in the past few months on the board than in my previous 20 some (since I began to dress). Thank you all so much, more questions will arise, I am sure, but you all have been such a wonderful help.

I've only been a member since March and I've undergone so many transitions in the way I carry myself and everything else that I can truly say that yes, this forum has a lot of answers, and I managed to pick and choose the ones that applied to me carefully.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I find strength and confidence to be me on this forum from others, I never thought I would want to be public about what I do but Im at a point where I want to educate people and help others like me.

Thank you very much for being here!

I don't even remember the reason for joining this website. But I have found many things from being here. So all I can say is that it has been a wonderful journey.
    Michelle

After I joined and found I wasn't the only indavidual who has been gifted (I mean that in a good way) with being transgender, and later admitting to myself that I am a girl mentaly and in my heart things have become much easier to deal with. So the answer is a partial yes. The above admision is however causing me to ask other questions that are causing some deep reflections, and thoughts about the future.

A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I am fairly sure that I have found my answers, now I just need to build a better computer to find the questions

But seriously, when I joined this site I still did not understand who I am and had only recently admitted to myself that I needed to wear "women's" clothes. I was still determined not to be TG - which at that time I confused with TS - but I have come a long way since that day.

I also discovered through this site that I am not "the only freak in this world" (a feeling with which I had struggled for over 4 decades) and have made some strong friendships albeit so far only on-line.

Since being part of this community, I have been able to share some of my hopes and fears, but have also found people who cared enough to advise caution when I was in danger of running away with myself.

I definitely do not have "all the answers" but then I would be worried if I felt I did, but it is definitely thanks to my participation in this site that I have found the ability to accept myself fully and to understand that I have a future as Rianna of which I do not need to feel ashamed.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

While I haven't gotten all the answers I am looking for nor asked all the questions I would like to ask as of yet, it has been very comforting to know that there are indeed many of us who share similar issues and passions. As I know it is with many of us in our pasts, I have felt very alone with this much of my life and have been quite uncomfortable keeping secrets from others in my world who have no idea about this aspect of my life. For this reason alone, I have been quite relieved to have found this forum.

Aspiring Member

I Agree

I agree with the oothers, joining this site has been wonderful. Meeting new friends, and learning new tips has been great.
    But I have to say reading the heartfelt posts from the other girls has been great too
    . Reading them has often brought a tear to my eye (both from sadness and joy )

I hope I can remain a member in good standing for many years to come!!

I Love ya all
    Danielle