Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing Out

Yes!

I'm a yes, I had a mother and an aunt that started me down this path.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Silver Member
    Yes, but by my Mother. Having an older sister and with very few household $, my Mother demanded at age 5, I help clean the house, do the laundry, wash dishes, etc - first insisting I wear a frilly apron, then my sisters outgrown dresses/jumper, girls underwear, knee high socks, black Maryjane shoes, and ribbons in my hair. Mother thought I was "so cute as her little daughter", and refused to get my curly hair cut until it was down to my shoulders. This was "our secret" that continued on into my midteens, giving me very little self worth and years of humiliation.

Hi . YES,

Yes once at our end of year church do break up, 4 of 5 boys dressed as girls doing & singing a mime for over 90 people . & i just realised my mum was there as well . even after we finshed i still had make up on when i went home ,
    ii was in 1958 i was 11 & it was fun apart from being in front of so many people.
    & it was our sunday school teachers idear, oh of cause she was a woman . & it went down well even back then ,
    so there you go, so i was a dresser even for a part.act,

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 08-02-2010 at 07:36 AM.

I feel SO much better - seems I am in a majority for a change!
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

no for me as well. My family was not active in my life really and even if they had been, nothing like that would have been accepted by them. Still wouldn't to this day.

Well, my grandma threatened to dress me like a girl if kept hanging with them...I kept hanging with them, but she never did, bummer

Another no. But I did get caught with their borrowed items.

No for me also

You can add another no to the list. That kind of thing would not have happened if the
    world of boys and or mens clothing suddenly just went away,the women in my family
    would have re-invented male clothing.
    Pink is more than a color: its an attitude!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirani
    I have read a number of posts where an Auntie or a Grandmother dressed you up as a girl, or on finding out you had "borrowed" a bra or knickers, then dressed you up as a girl.
    I feel I have missed out as I didn't have an Auntie and I was never wise enough to "borrow" something from my Grandmother.
    So, if you add to this thread, can you simply say "Yes" if it was your experience
    or "No" if it wasn't.
    Then at least I will now if I am in a majority or a minority!!
    [SIZE="2"]No, it wasn’t my experience. Pity. I never had such interesting, experimental aunts, and my grandmothers were either too old, infirm, deceased, or living in Florida. I missed out on a lot of fun, no doubt about it – if only a curious relative (or a babysitter) had dressed me up at some point. Bliss! But, that is with a fair share of hindsight – I really don’t know how I would’ve reacted to such a curious enterprise. The idea of putting on girl’s clothes may not have occurred to me at the time – there was nothing even remotely near my size lying about, for one thing, and the notion of skipping across lines of gender for pleasure was beyond the capacity of my young mind. However, if the mature helpmate had been trustworthy, nurturing, gentle, and reassuring, an indelible childhood memory would have been burned into my consciousness. I was caught trying on makeup and lipstick at a very young age, so I definitely had the aptitude for further effeminacy and/or experimentation. If an older woman (or even my older sister) had talked me into dressing up as a girl, I would like to think I would’ve enjoyed the experience, but who knows? I keep having this fantasy of someone dressing me up, and then saying something like, “Oh, you look so adorable,” or “You make such a pretty little girl,” I would’ve been speechless. Did I want to be adorable and pretty at the age in question? I was just learning about my true nature, so, if anything, this fantastic exercise would have accelerated the process of transformation (I hope). I was just beginning to learn about the possibilities of life, you know. There are so many things I wished I had done (or experienced) when I was young, and this is definitely one of them…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]No, [/SIZE]

I only asked for yes or no lol

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirani
    I only asked for yes or no lol
    [SIZE="2"]I couldn't help myself, darling! I got carried away, and I should be (soon)...[/SIZE]

I was never frced into women's clothing, it is something I wanted to do.

I was also one of the one's that had no such luck.

When in middle school I recall asking my mother if I could be part of the fad that was hitting my school of guys dressing up as girls. My mother adamantly refused. The vitriol in her answer was quite astounding now that I recall.

I was the only boy that year that was not dressed up for halloween, and a majority of the boys were indeed looking girly.

I was forced to dress by my father!

Thats in a suit and tie, on Sundays, he also made me wear shoes after labor day, but that's another story.
    He did see me dressed once when I was around 7 or 8, but then he made me change and threatened me, if he ever found me dressed like that again. He never did see me dressed again.
    Tina B.

My mother wanted a girl , and I can remember vividly hearing her saying so . I have a pic somewhere of me dressed in a frilly dress !!!
    No wonder I was confused as a child ?

Platinum Member
    no - not aunties or grans....a sister's things

No, my aunts had frumpy taste in clothes and My grandmother didn't even use me as a dress dummy when she sewed.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Borrowed a bra from grams hamper and she noticed.She told my parents, I denied it but since I had been caught several times lies were in vain. Parents told grandma my situation and she never let me out of her sight again. actually frisked me on several occasions.

SO THE ANSWER IS NO!!!!

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    In the words of Jim Trot from Vicar of Dibley --- No, no, no, no, no, no one ever dressed me as a girl when I was a kid, and I so longed for that to happen.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Quote Originally Posted by Toni_Lynn View Post
    In the words of Jim Trot from Vicar of Dibley --- No, no, no, no, no, no one ever dressed me as a girl when I was a kid, Toni-Lynn
    Surely that's Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, --- NO!

No,

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Nope,Never happened to me.I did wear my Aunts clothes (she was in her twenties) when I stayed at My Grans house at weekends,but never got caught and made to dress,mores the pity lol
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

No.

But allow me to digress. Remember the show when Jim was telling about his time on "Deal or No Deal" and he was down to two cases -- one with a quarter million pounds and the other holding 10 pence. And the banker offered him 100,000 pounds. And Jim answered, "No, no,no,no, no deal." So he lost the banker's offer and wound up with 10 pence.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Yes, it's how I got started.