Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over 60 and Feeling Younger When Dressed

NE FLA BETWEEN JACKSONVILLE & GAINESVILLE

Over 60 and Feeling Younger When Dressed

I was just wondering how many of the over 60 sisters have a feeling of being younger when dressed and made up? For whatever reason when I put on full make up and am completely dressed in feminine attire I seem to feel much younger than I really am.

I always get comments and compliments to the effect that I look 15-20 years younger than I really am. Make up works wonders.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    For me it's not so much how I perceive what I look like, be it younger or not.
    It's what goes through my mind when I am dressed. It often takes me back to my pre pubescent times when I first started dressing in my Mother's girdle and stockings. Those feelings are indescribable as you well know.

In that regard it does make me feel much younger and I never really thought about it until I answered this post.

Thanks for yet another insight into the dark caverns that are my tiny brain.

Oh absolutely I feel younger, and I think, look younger. Of course there is no grey hair in the wig. The clothes are bright and fun. The make up puts color in my face. Yes, I definitely feel younger. I think I act younger too.

Fanci

Yes, I definitely feel younger when dressed.
    Life is too short; wear a sexy bra every day!

[SIZE="3"]
    For sure!
    When dressed, I tend to favour playful, (dare I say it) provocative styles usually associated with those younger than my chronogical age group.
    Even though not in the 60+ group (yet), I do feel younger and tend to behave accordingly. Whatever that means.
    Be pretty, be young, be happy!
    [/SIZE]
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

Makeup done well, a good wig, and pretty bright fun colors in your skirt and blouse, or dress, with a nice pair of matching heels, [SIZE="4"]IS[/SIZE] The Fountain of Youth

Feel like I've taken off 10 years.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Yes, Girls do look younger!

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

Yeah, know what you mean

I own 4 wigs that I wear alterantely, one being a beautifully salt and pepper grey couiffed style that would go to a person of my real own age.( see my album) I wear that out to concerts or shopping when I want to appear my age with all the sags and ageing. BUT when I wear any of the other 3 , 1 light brown, 1 brunette, and 1 auburn and tell someone how old i am, they inevidently say "you're sh----- me ! No Way," to which I answer WAY. I'm 63 and they peg me for early to mid forties. Yes I DO feel and look younger.

My Joanne you certainly have got a myriad of Over 60 Threads going here doing you. Think of all the poor sister out there that can't play! (lol)

Megan

I'm 68 going on 69 and daily feel as frisky as a youth.
    I crossdress entirely to enter into a fantasy world where I'm MUCH younger than my years.
    This means head-to-toe femme dressing in lovely bright youthful clothes, lots of make-up and, of course, the Crowning Glory...the Hair. Any colour I like.. No white or grey, and plenty of it....right down past my nipples....Soooo sexy!

I'd do it all day every day if I had the chance, but alas, reality must reign. I still have to bring in the bread &c.

Smile

Definitely feel younger when dressed.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Absolutely Joanne
    I have had this thought many times. I feel so much more alive when I am able to dress fully.

Totally agree with you, I feel and am seen as younger also.

I think I feel younger. The main thing is I'm finally me. I feel so much better about myself.

I do also and at 61 it feels good to hear people say you look ten years younger. The point is having fun and enjoying life to it's fullest.

I am very active for my age and have been inherited good skin, the result of which I feel younger than my age when I am in male mode with my light grey hair. In female mode, I get astonished looks and comments when others see me in person or my photos when I tell them my age. I look and feel even younger, and can keep up with any age when I go out. I sure act younger - what person my age is still interested in costumes and trying on different outfits and wigs, and having photo shoots. Maybe it's because I'm a late bloomer, and am having my second childhood, but I sure do enjoy it, and am not ready to stop.
    Denise DeMann

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    I am 64 and feel and look much younger in girl mode, so that's the way I stay most of the time. That must be why my wie likes me this way too. Here are some pics. Do I look 64? http://www.flickr.com/photos/14128460@N07/

I agree, when I look at myself (Renee) in the mirror. I see a 40-50ish woman. Not the gray haired old fart that my male side presents! LOL!

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

I always feel younger than I am, but yes, when I'm dressed I feel younger and think I also look younger. Young at heart is my mantra.

Turning into Lexi automatically makes me lose about 8 years from my real age. Thankfully, I don't look anything like my age as a guy but I do feel that my girl mode is younger than my boy mode self... but only by about 1-2 years.

And yes I do realize this is a 60+ thread, but I'm just thinking in general no matter what the age you'll feel young when you go to your girl mode .

Wink Over 60 and Feeling Younger When Dressed

Yes, I agree, I feel 15 to 20 years younger when I'm dressed. I think its about getting dressed and makeup that makes me, noy only, look but feel younger.

Roni L.

I am pretty active, and pretty chipper, in both manifestations.

I have an older sister who, a number of years ago, became my "younger sister," keeping her age constant while I continued to get older.

Since I do receive comments about how I look younger than I really am, one day I thought "why can't I do the same thing?"

So I has moved my birthday back ten years, leaving "him" ten years older. That does make it hard to explain how I and my "brother" are twins, but I guess Mom just went through a really long labor.

In real life however, my spouse actually resents my attempt to alter my age, saying that I have no right to be younger than she is.

I also try hard to dress appropriate to my age, but I have been known to stray over that line. Not always a good thing.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    It's also easy to look and feel younger in guy mode when you put a lot more time and effort into your appearance.

I need maybe 10 minutes post-shower in guy mode.
    Maybe 2 hours in girl mode. And that's in addition to taking care of eyebrows and 20 nails and removing hair where it's not wanted.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

why en femme only

Heck, when we dress we have all the kinds of help that GGs have been using forever to look younger. Ergo it just makes sense that we appear younger (just turned the big 6-0 7 weeks ago.

But!!! What's wrong with fighting age in male mode too? Ok, there's usually no makeup, but moisturizer, manicured nails, trimmed eyebrows, careful hair management, and general body deportment (not to mention keeping in shape for both genders) can project a younger male as well as a younger female.

Because of Tina, my male self is clearly much younger-looking these days!

Tina

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I seem to have more energy and feel younger when I dress. I never smoked and always used sunscreen so my skin hasn't gone too bad yet. I just can't find the desire to get a wig with the same amount of gray in it as the thin crop I grow. So the wig works wonders and I believe I look quite a bit younger. I may not look like I'm in my 40's or 50's, but the first person to tell me I look older than that will get such a smack with my purse!
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.