Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Height

I feel like I just barely missed Captain Planet. All I can remember are a couple vague episodes of an awkwardly buff, green haired blue man in spandex
    The ZP Poem
    Everytime I go to pee, I'm gonna be thinking:

"There's this kid somewhere in PA named Ze. I wonder if Ze has to pee. Does Ze have to hold it, or can Ze let free? There is no fun with infected kidneys.
    Not everyone's body matches their psyche. Whether be sir or whether be she, everyone deserves a safe place to pee. So come on people, let people be."

And then I'll realize I've been rhyming to myself and the guy in the urinal next to me will beat me up.

Aspiring Member
    Thomas those are some shoes! Luv them! You and NiCo have a very cool wardrobe!
    Last edited by Ze; 08-12-2010 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Sending PM on that bit.

Silver Member
    If ever there is a doctor that can figure out how to do it... I would like to offer segments of my shin-bones for any of you guys who would like a couple more inches!

Captain Planet! I used to pretend to be him when I was little!

Aaaaaah, Captain Planet. So good! Although that kid with the monkey, what a dweeb. :P
    Come on goats, time to go home!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Aaaaaah, Captain Planet. So good! Although that kid with the monkey, what a dweeb. :P
    They had to add an extra element in attempts to keep it more racially inclusive. NOT the proper way to go about that.

A Mess of Contradictions
    I didn't see Captain Planet at all until a few months ago, when I watched the pilot episode with my sister. I don't even remember exactly what happened, just that it was very dated and cheesy.

On the other hand, if you had the good fortune of watching Beetlejuice, you can find episodes online and it's still brilliant.

@Bree - Need to check blood types first.

am 4ft 11"
    "A toy has no gender and no idea of whether a girl or boy is playing with it."
    "If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: 'Hello. Can't work today, still queer.'"

I am 5'2" and have ceased to give a rat's ass. It's not gunna change. Of course, it makes me feel better knowing all the men on my mother's side off the family were under 5'5", most around 5'2".

I'm 5'9" as well. I'm taller than my female roommates but shorter than most of my male friends. I'm also taller than my older brother, sooo... I don't really notice much, I've always sort of been tall.

A Mess of Contradictions
    I've gotten some flack from my sister about my height in the past. Crazy woman.

Her: "How are you gonna pass? You're short!"
    Me: "...Dustin Hoffman."
    Her: "But he's... uh... y'know..."
    Me: "Testosterone. It does wonders."

She is really clueless sometimes.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMouse View Post
    I've gotten some flack from my sister about my height in the past. Crazy woman.

Her: "How are you gonna pass? You're short!"
    Me: "...Dustin Hoffman."
    Her: "But he's... uh... y'know..."
    Me: "Testosterone. It does wonders."

She is really clueless sometimes.
    Brilliant ive used Danny Devito in place of hoffman in a similar conversation before now

I use Seth Green.

Hey guys, just thought I'd share this story with you:
    Today I was a the grocery store, and I saw a rather svelte and attractive twentysomething woman at the deli counter in front of me who was about 6'6" or 6'7" or more. Even the person behind the deli counter whispered something to me about this poor woman's height (albeit a bit rudely).

I am born male, and even at 5'6", I felt really belittled standing behind this woman.

Aspiring Member
    imagine if we were all the same height. maybe in the future when they genetically engineer humans, the govt will issue a notice that says, everyone has to be of the same height. Like in the court scene in Alice in Wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Hey guys, just thought I'd share this story with you:
    Today I was a the grocery store, and I saw a rather svelte and attractive twentysomething woman at the deli counter in front of me who was about 6'6" or 6'7" or more. Even the person behind the deli counter whispered something to me about this poor woman's height (albeit a bit rudely).
    Aww, that's sad. It's amazing how people can be rude about seemingly trivial things such as height.

TBH height doesn't matter much to me, although because of my ex I tend to get pretty wary around very tall men (talking 6'8"+ here). I feel terrible about admitting this but that fear occurs only if it's a white male ('cause, well, I'm sure you can figure out). :X It's mostly because I go into "OH SHIT IT'S HIM" mode.

height

well im 6ft and i dont own any shoes yet, but i think i would look silly in heels(but i still want some real bad) for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by WalT View Post
    I feel terrible about admitting this but that fear occurs only if it's a white male ('cause, well, I'm sure you can figure out). :X It's mostly because I go into "OH SHIT IT'S HIM" mode.
    Don't beat yourself up about this, dude. I won't name the characteristics here, but I actually still do this same thing with certain strangers I come across.

A Mess of Contradictions
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    Brilliant ive used Danny Devito in place of hoffman in a similar conversation before now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    I use Seth Green.
    Gee... the big guy uses Danny DeVito and the little guy uses Seth Green. I think I see a pattern emerging. Except I totally do not resemble Dustin Hoffman. I'd use Mickey Rooney as my example, but he has a terrible case of Short Man Syndrome, so he's not really my first pick for a role model.

ANYWAY...

Who wants to help build a list of short men that we can present to our clueless relatives when they bring up this silly question? So far I'm up to four!

Platinum Member
    Gee... the big guy uses Danny DeVito
    at 4 ft 8 i'd hardly call myself the big man

A Mess of Contradictions
    Well, y'know, I meant, uh... *cough* [SIZE="1"]horizontally...[/SIZE]

Who wants to help build a list of short men that we can present to our clueless relatives when they bring up this silly question? So far I'm up to four!
    I've actually been working on this. I'll have to remember the others.

Tom Cruise and David Spade are two more off the top of my head.

A Mess of Contradictions
    Those guys are a bit tall for my list. In my experience, guys that height land in the "androgynous zone" (huh... sounds like another kind of zone) where if you're a dude, it's acceptable to be that height - at least unless you date women taller than you, in which case you get mocked by RoflRazzi.

Yeah, I know, I'm picky. :P It's not me, it's my sister. "Well, he's, like, 5'6, so that doesn't really count!" IT SO DOES.

Michael J. Fox is 5'4 1/2".

VP of Common Sense
    Back when I was permanently repressed in boy mode, I used to wish I was taller than my 5'10" because I hated being shorter than another guy in the room. Now having been able to embrace my girl mode, I'm always wishing I was just two or three inches shorter so I didn't stick out quite so damn much. It's never perfect.

So....you guys work on your list of short men, we'll work on our list of tall women, and we'll all agree to be happy with the height we are.