Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long did it take for you to fully accept yourself ?

Started *being* dressed as a child by my sister, as i got older and closer to puberty I enjoyed it. 20 now but I still dont accept myself, Its like world war 1, fighting back and fourth on the same ground.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Platinum Member
    Interesting. Does your sister know that you still enjoy dressing? Would you consider telling her?

I do find that being open with someone close and having their acceptance is a big part of finding self acceptance.

I lost the guilt many years ago. That is when I realized this was part of me. Fully embracing the comfort of expressing this side of who I am has come recently. But for professional business issues I could care less what others think. I love myself. And if didn't need to have my small town very conservative clients to ensure my retirement you'd never know what gender I might show up in.

But one thing is sure: I would always wear makeup and paint my nails

I started CD'ing at about the age of eight, I was 56 went I went femme full time, so I guess it took me 48 years.

Arlene Marie McCarthy - Not your average grandma.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud