Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why were you compelled to step out? How did your first time feel?

Why were you compelled to step out? How did your first time feel?

Since this has been brought up many a time here on the forums as separate threads, I wanted to ask what compelled you to finally decide to go out en femme? Also, how did your first time feel (purposely ambiguous question hehe)?

For me, I didn't just decide to CD.... I decided that I was also going to do it outside my home and mingle with the general public. I actually had a very guy-logic reason for doing it: To rebuild my confidence destroyed byevents that happened in my life.

The venue I first went out at was my friend's birthday at Disneyland. You can't get any more public than that! After meeting up with my friends, they accepted my look and didn't question it and had a terrific time in the process. Since then, I've been CDing at least once a week!

I guess I got bored getting dressed up and just sitting around the house!

My SO doesn't post here much, so if it's OK, I'll relate what she told me.

She knew 30 years ago when she was in college that at one point in her life she would explore the CDing fully, to the point of being able to do everything in femme mode as he does in guy mode.

It took her a few decades to get there, but when she felt ready she just went ahead and did it. She wanted her femme self affirmed and validated and to become multi-dimensional, so she was not interested in limiting her dressing to private, at home sessions or the occasional TG support group meeting.
    Reine

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Forme I knew I was ready and I knew that going out as a woman was how I wanted to live my life.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Smile

even a homebody like me needs to get out and about,

the first time....

O so scared, hart thumping away almost out as it is in my thrut. the adrelin pumpin wiledly, such a fantastic rush.
    but when over no after dump, just want to get back out and have more fun.

after a time it is just me out there, still fun, it just feels better and good. like it should have been all along.

Me, I was inspired by talking to a well experienced crossdresser.
    She told me about her experiences going out in public and that really hooked me. So, I agreed to meet up with her and do some shopping.
    She took me out shopping at various Goodwill stores, to the mall, and to the flea market. After all that shopping, we then ate at a mainstream restaurant.
    Although I was a bit nervous, it felt very thrilling to be out among the general public.
    After that first time, I never went back to the closet and have been going out, anywhere and place, ever since. It's hard to believe that was 3 years ago. Boy does time really fly when you're having fun.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

I decided to go out because "why not?" Logically, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, so why make going out a big deal? Just do it.

I started fully crossdressing (wig + makeup) just over the last few months. Once I developed a decent appearance, I found and met some local CDers. So, I told myself there is nothing to fear dressing in front of others, and refused to let myself worry. As expected, it was fun and comfortable. I haven't been out in the general public yet, but plan to soon.

Juno

Banned Read only
    I left the safety of the closet when I finally accepted and embraced who I am- whoever that is! To continue to hang in the shadows meant i was ashamed of who i am, and i definately am not! Now, I am a realist as well, so my introduction of Renee to the big scary world has been a gradual process, All in due time.

I have only stepped out on a couple of occassions.Once overseas in the UK at a transformation visit .I wore black pencil skirt and white blouse with a pale pink cardigan ,heels and of course wonderful lingerie(black) including a corsette.Hair and make up done professionally and we visited a friend of the lady that transformed me.It felt absolutely wonderful,I was very nervous when we stepped outside the door and it was my first time visiting but would love to make this a regular part of my life.ie but just me doing the make up and choosing my own clothes.Loved it!!!To top off the visit we had afternoon tea and some deportment lessons.Dreamy tea and scones!

I have always had a desire to be able to be a girl in public so after some time dressing at home I grew in confidence and started to venture out. Now, I am hooked

By the way, you look great alex

Ever feel so compelled to go out......so much that it overrides the fear of doing it? That was me a year ago.
    I felt like a race horse at the gate. Nothing was going to stop me.
    When I finally went out, I coudn't sleep for two days afterwards. It was too unbelievable.
    My conclusion is that after 10 years of denial and suppression, I finally busted through. At the going rate, I should have been a triple-crown winner.

Gold Member
    I have no idean what compelled me to go out the first time, years ago.
    I wore this blouse and long black skirt, made up, I do remember being nervous as crap until I noticed no one was staring at me.

Bad thing is even years later I sometimes run into confidence issues.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

All my life, and it has been a bit, I wondered about the day I will walk tall into the world. I dreamed and often wondered but the image in the mirror kept grounding me down and shutting the door leading outside. Finally I decided to end this charade and start hormones so one day I will look a part and become free. After one year I came out to my sister and mother who embraced Alexia as their own, that was the moment I was freed. After two weeks I have met a wonderful girl Raquelle at this forum and after her encouragement I took the first steps outside. What a marvelous, scary, exciting, nerve racking time it was, I will never forget it. I am hooked, Alexia wants out, like a child in a candy store, always looking forward to next time!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Reine's SO's experience essentially paralleled mine - I came to the point that I realized that I was me. I accepted myself. I wanted the rest of the world to accept me as well. Validation, affirmation, whatever you choose to call it. Kathi is a part of me - an important part. The world deserved to see her.

My first time was about a year and a half ago. How did I feel? Let's just say it still brings a huge smile to my face. I felt, . . . me.

Kathi

sunny with a high of 75!
    Well I cd'd in college minus wig and makeup. Just felt like I needed to be me, not hiding this part of me. I forget what I wore exactly, but I'm certain it was not appropriate to the venue. Then I promised not to CD, and that was like slow death.

Finally, after 15 years closeted, only dressing at home alone, I knew I needed to be a part of a CD community in some way. Humans are communal people- things by yourself (ANYTHING) is almost never as fun as with others- so I started doing the support group thing for a year. I wore a black A-line skirt, dressy boots w/heel and pointy toe, a purple clingy turtleneck, and a silver charm necklace.

Now that I'm single (it's OK- we are BOTH better off apart!), I've been out once or twice a week. I usually look like a soccer mom or Sunday school teacher, but I have very limited options for the heat (2 tops, a sleeveless cardigan, a LBD, a colorful poufy skirt and a b/w A-line skirt). I'm usually out with friends- either another CDer, a gay couple, or a lesbian couple that I know. I've also gone to an art museum and lunch with a straight friend.

It was a way to fight the denial. I did it to prove to myself I could do it.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    when she felt ready she just went ahead and did it. She wanted her femme self affirmed and validated and to become multi-dimensional, so she was not interested in limiting her dressing to private, at home sessions or the occasional TG support group meeting.
    Yes!

I would add that for me I was compelled to engage with the world. I remember some friends saying "you are very brave" - but I am not. I had no real choice. If my life was to feel fulfilled, I HAD to get out there as "me" and whatever happened would happen.
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

It just felt right and felt like the right time to do it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

why hide in the closset & and some say they get board dressing at home alone . That i agree with but for me its one if the steps of growing up as a CD , I think it helped me come to terms with who i am and helped me understand a bit more that some things you dont need to be afraid of.I realised its my life and what others i dont know think about me is ther problem not mine .

one other thing is us girls love showing ourselfs off( look at the photo threads and i am none the better) we go to so much trouble to get every little detail right i think a lot of us just have a lit of being an exibitionist in us but will not addmit it. but of cause after the first few times the excitment/ fear wears off and the fact that we can fit in kicks in to give going out a whole new meaning .

re my first time out
    just steped out of the car on a busy friday night in the city and walked and mingled with the crowds. after the first few double takes out of a 100 or so i did not care so much . i was more worried about meeting colleages from work rather than how i looked or acted

A few years ago it was the logical progression from in the house being dressed. When stepped over the door it was with trepidation and heart beating its fastest ever, but it was brill.

I'll be brutally honest... The first time I stepped out was not a happy event. I was returned home in a police car. Thankfully I met up with a constable of rare perception, who gave me a 'man to confused boy/girl' talking too and dropped me home without fuss and without paperwork.

It felt liberating, but very scary, and TBH I really didn't enjoy it. I think the circumstances that lead up to it had a lot to do with it being a truly bad experience, It was the lesser of two evils... Go out for a long walk as Caroline (as I was back then) or stay in my room for another eternity. I was feeling claustrophobic, suffocated, ashamed, guilt ridden and (oh those teenage years) somewhat confused and anxious about things.

These days I think, a lot of the anxiety I feel about going out may be rooted in that first dreadful experience. I'm sorry it;s not a happy reply, but then... Life's not always fun is it ?

Years of dressing alone and being in the closet drove me to want to be part of society as a woman.
    I felt like a deer in the headlights the first time, so afraid everyone would point fingers and laugh, or worse. But none of that happened and now it's as easy for me as walking out the door.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Tired of sitting home

I finally decided to take the plunge and just go. I will never regret that decision. As for the feeling, a lot scary at first, but after a couple of hours, I was more at ease and totally enjoying the breeze up my skirt and the clack of my heels on the sidewalk.

[SIZE=2]I remember one of my First times out fully Dressed as a woman with makeup and all I was soooo Nervous but it turned out ok.. i had been dressing in private for prob 15 yrs , and the more an more i experimented with makeup and shaving the more it compelled me to want to go somewhere.. Finnally i made up my mind id do it ,and i had an amazing time ... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2] since then my looks have Drasticlly improved to where i could almost pass for Female except for my voice, but its alot of work when i do go out... which is maybe once every 2-3 months now since im married .. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]my wife is supportive for the most part , she just doesnt understand why i am this way.. hell i dont understand it either and its been 22 yrs , she has known 8 months.. so i dont get to go out as much as i used to before we met but she is at least tolerant once every couple months i guess so its a start... [/SIZE]

My inspiration for my first time was actually reading some of the stories posted here by others. I wore women's jeans and a women's tee shirt. I was so nervous and excited at the same time it was incredible. I'm planning to do it again this weekend.