Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Scares You The Most?

Who Scares You The Most?

When you go out En Femme in public, what kind of people scare, intimidate or make you feel nervous the most? Is it an age group like young people, old people or is it police, a SA or some else.
    For me, I feel most nervous and unsettle around young people about 15-17 yrs. Last night I went to the shops with my wife, there were not many people there but there were a lot of groups of young people. I didn’t have any problems and my wife said people didn't notice but it did make me feel a little uncomfortable, even if it was just in my head.

Aspiring Member
    Do you go out dressed often? I was kind of hoping that the more you go out the more comfortable it becomes.

Personally I still haven't gone out dressed yet (hopefully in the next couple months though!) but I already know that same 15-17ish group is going to make me extremely uncomfortable.

I'm also afraid that pretty much any eye contact is going to immediately make me paranoid and think that everybody is "on to me". Been trying to psyche myself up so that I can easily tell myself that its all in my head

it's often the youngsters who spot us the most. And for some reason they are the ones more likely to say something. I usually put it down to wanting to look 'big' ito their peers. The reality of course, is very different but it doesn't deter them.

In the UK I tend to steer away from kids, especially the ones who look like they never attended school...

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    what scares me the most is not being myself
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I've gotten more and more comfortable around poeple while dressed.
    I don't worry about what the teenagers think because I know they don't worry about what I think.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Drunks really worry me.

On the one hand, they're unpredictable -- what will they say? If they strongly object to a perceived "weirdo", will they try to take action?

On the other hand, drunks are easy to deal with, physically at least, if that becomes necessary -- don't get me wrong, I would never want that to happen.

Kids will clock me any day, any time, and they're likely to say something snide, but it's easier to let that stuff wash over me.

It kinda freaked me out one day in the mall, when some distance away an older guy yelled, "That's a man!" and pointed at me. Since then, I've learned to keep my head about me and not react as I did that day .. walking away as quickly as I could, trying to "hide".

Head held high, smiling at folks. Hey, they're sharing my not-so-secret -- I'm a guy dressed as the girl he wants to be.

The young, and or the ignorant. They are the ones I am most concerned about.

Especially males because they have to prove their manliness sometimes, and act all stupid, and my end up getting hurt.

I agree with Bethany. It is drunks. There is nothing more lethal and unpredictable than a combination of a weak male ego, testoserone overload and alcohol.

Teenagers are harmless. Yes, they might point and giggle, but they will cause no physical harm.

Jodi

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    One of the poverty and addiction prone ethnic minorities here is the most likely to laugh at me or to say something loudly, but the ones that hang around and beg have never threatened me.

Gangs (and I mean that in the literally) of teen and young adult males probably scare me the most: they always have something to prove to someone, and are not shy about taking opportunities to extract a wallet. I know where they tend to gather (in the areas I'm likely to go) and avoid that area.

Youngsters 15-17 and teen girls tend to leave me alone, a bit of giggling at most. That doesn't scare me.

For me, it's the teen-aged girls. I don't think the teen-aged guys look as much as the girls, and I think the girls are more apt to make comments, in part because they worry so much about their own looks.

Freddy

I don't worry about people much any more. I just be myself.

I've never dressed up in public (or private for that matter) but if I did I would be most afraid of bumping into some one I knew, what whould they think, what would they say and would they tell other people I know that I crossdress, that's the scariest. most other people won't do anything but I still worry about what they think.

Hey KristinSkye, I have started to go out more regularly, at least once a week. It is true, every outing you get more confident to the point where for a moment you even forget you are dressed. But with every outing there are small challenges to over come.....dealing with the odd person, using girls toliets. for me I have always felt nervous around groups of young people when there are not large crowds to blend into so last night was a new experience, swimming with the sharks

Teen aged girls look and giggle, mostly harmless. I'm more afraid of teen boys and idiots who feel they need to follow you and advertise your presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    When you go out En Femme in public, what kind of people scare, intimidate or make you feel nervous the most? Is it an age group like young people, old people or is it police, a SA or some else.
    For me, I feel most nervous and unsettle around young people about 15-17 yrs. Last night I went to the shops with my wife, there were not many people there but there were a lot of groups of young people. I didn’t have any problems and my wife said people didn't notice but it did make me feel a little uncomfortable, even if it was just in my head.
    Simply obtain a 'permit to carry' for a brand new sparkly clean gun. No no no of course you're not going to have to use it 99.9999% of the time - and hopefully never. But...it does wonders for one's sense of security.

Gold Member
    An Erin bear came in and saw this thread and would CHERISH to share her feelings on this -

this goes for people regardless of who or what kind of person is alone.

OK, first and foremost - hicks. Rednecks, or whatever the latest term of endearment is for these morons. Anytime I have had problems with PPL acting like butts, it is them.

Teenagers in groups can be annoying but harmless.

So here is an Erin Bear's lesson in dealing with morons -
    One moron alone won't say or do anything except on the rarest occasion, no one to impress.
    Two morons together *might* act dumb but unlikely.
    Three of them will normally spell trouble.
    Teenagers with 3 or more friends will mock, but not usually want to get hateful. Teenagers stand a chance of learning and communication, unlike hicks.
    Two morons in a car, the passenger will sometimes act stupid.
    Older folks, regardless of sub-species, are less likely to act stupid.

Race and nationality doesn't seem to have a bearing on if they will act stupid or not.

Educated, decent people may not accept you but they are not going to taunt or anything cause they are civilized.

I asked a friend at school that lives in a hickville area about why hicks hate TG so much and she said - "They hate anyone who is different than them".

This reflects my experience in the TG life and life in general.
    The thing is, no one cares what some brainless redneck thinks. The main thing you need to watch out for with them is if they are wanting to try to get violent. If you are going somewhere that might have any, carry mace or other self-defense unless you want to apply those martial-arts lessons.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I think the ones that bother me the most is grade school kids. That's because I don't want to cause a problem for them or their parents. I am always thinking about the kids before myself.
    Michelle

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    The teen agers probably would be my biggest fear, simply because so many of them have no manners. But in the over 60 years that I have been CD'ing I have gone everywhere and probably been seen by eveyone. Now I go out totally dressed enfemme, but presenting as a man! No wig or makeup, just a guy in a skirt or dress! Never have had a problem and still don't, no matter where I go. In a Mall, supermarket, Post Office, restaurant, etc. It doesn't seem to make any difference, people just don't care!! Yes, I am a much older man but still in good shape and know a lot of different way to hurt someone!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    american family association. these people are the real threat. 'nuff said!
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miley
    Who Scares You The Most?
    [SIZE="2"]I would say groups of young males, specifically. One on one there’s no problem, but when boys herd together they get that pack mentality, doing things they normally wouldn’t do, all to impress girls or each other. I know what’s going on – seek out weakness, or any perceived threats to masculinity, then act upon preconceived notions of superiority with violence if necessary. I like to think there’s one boy in a group who isn’t quite sure why he’s hanging around with the crowd he frequents – this happened to me, until I had the courage to break free. To this day I dismiss groups of all kinds, unless the group is made up of transvestites, of course…

I should say “groups of MALES,” since that would be more accurate. Men never stop being boys, unless you happen to be that guy in the Dos Equis commercial. Of course, I’m still a boy, way girly, but still a boy. I must say the police don’t scare me – I behave myself, mainly because I don’t want to ruin a policeman’s day by having to explain my choice of wardrobe to him/her. They’ve seen it all, I’m sure, but why take up someone’s time? Politicians scare me BIG time, but I’ll leave it at that – I don’t want to precipitate another thread closure, do I? [/SIZE]

I never been out...but I think I would be more scared of Hispanic women more than any other group

I agree with you Barbra. I never go out, but the one time I did I went to a Ross. They were giggling and whispering, "es hombre" "si,si" -Valerie

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Great question, Miley. I actually had to think about it.

Truthfully, I'm not sure. Can I handle myself in most any situation - even in 4-inch stilettos? Sure. So, I'm not sure who makes me nervous.

Well, thinking about it a bit more, I think the only people that give me pause are guys. What I do I do not do for them. It is not my intent to lead them on. Not that I'm easily mistaken for a woman (*cough* understatement *cough*), but I hear stories of men who think one of us is a woman, and feel quite put out when they find out otherwise. Knowing that they're thinking with their dangly bits rather than their neurons does make me a bit nervous, now that I think about it.

Kathi

To be honest the ones that scare me the most are CD and TG people who don't have a clue as to where they are going or what they are trying to accomplish.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Thank you. Erin!

"OK, first and foremost - hicks. Rednecks, or whatever the latest term of endearment is for these morons. Anytime I have had problems with PPL acting like butts, it is them"

I live amongst some of the worst I've been around in years! If it ain't lookin' right to them, they just shoot it around these parts.

Your "hickville" friend is 100% right about these folks.