Thread: Feeling very proud!!!

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar

Feeling very proud!!!

I have had a terrific neighbour from taiwan for the last 8 months, and we are very very close freinds. so close that I came out to her a few weeks ago, cause she noticed my red finger nails after a night out. Until last night, she had seen my full wardrobe and my photos, but she had never seen me in person as Angela, my female name. Her hubby is over from taiwan for 3 weeks and i invited them in last night for some drinks and they accepted greatly, but i said I'd be Angela. They said "Great, we cant wait!!!", so i greeted them at door in my wig, full make-up, beautiful flowing chiffon skirt and red top. we watched "Iron man" and had great time. I'm really proud of what i've done this year (although dont like boasting). I've gone out mainstream, tried on wedding gowns in a bridal boutique and now i'm entertaining guests. Its really lovely to be myself in front of other people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

I'm so glad for you Angela. That's a great post!

Congratulations on a great accomplishment ! You definitely have a lot to be proud of.

Your blue gown is gorgeous! And the picture of you so happy in your gown is adorable. Also, congratulations for meeting your neighbors as Angela, and all the other things you're doing. It inspires the rest of us. Being our true selves in the world changes the world one encounter at a time.

There's something about being dressed and watching "Ironman" that made me smile

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFlowingGown View Post
    I'm really proud of what I've done this year (although don't like boasting). I've gone out mainstream, tried on wedding gowns in a bridal boutique and now i'm entertaining guests. Its really lovely to be myself in front of other people.
    That is totally awesome! I am so happy for you! The validation you must be feeling inside of the real you must be fantastic. Yep, not everyone in the world hates us .... although I tend to think your neighbors acceptance is more to do with you as a nice person rather than their acceptance of CDers.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    I'm planning another night next week too, with some other close freinds. I asked today and they said they are very interested. I'm going leaps and bounds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Outstanding. I think stories like this (baout "outings" beeing met with acceptance) are what this board needs.
    The more comonplace we make ourselvs, the less of a minority we become

It's always nice when you get the courage to not only step out into the outside world en femme, but also to find people who are genuinely interested in your girl side who won't judge you because of the act itself. Keep it going!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Angela, you are one awesome "lady!" I haven't worn a gown like that since my wife passed away, as she was the one who fixed my wig and did my makeup. I do miss that!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

You are becoming you all of the time and not just sometimes. That is wonderful that your neighbor accepts you so much.
    Michelle

Banned Read only
    I've been back in the US for about 18 months after having lived in Taiwan for 4 years. There seems to be a lot of "Live and let Live" in their thinking. As a result, some things just don't bother them too much. There also seems to be a strong sense of spiritualism. I believe this allows people to deal with situations where all is not as it appears.

Anyway, Good Luck to you!