Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happens when we've completed our cding bucket list?

What happens when we've completed our cding bucket list?

Hi all.

This question is really for the seasoned crossdresser who's "been there, done that".

I have been lucky to have explored my cding to a fairly large extent, but not to the extent that some of the gurls on here have. I have just started going out in public to mainstream places at night. What I usually do is to think up a cding goal/fantasy and then try and make it happen. Once I've achieved that goal, I don't tend to go back to wanting to relive that same experience again. I want to do something new. So...for all the seasoned cds who have flied en femme, made love while dressed, have found their true love, have been out in public, have the acceptance of their family, etc -- Do you still feel that there is more to do with your cding, or once you've gotten to the top of the mountain, there's nothing else to do and its time to move on from cd exploration?

This is a concern that I feel recently -- if I do everything, achieve every cd fantasy, will there be any desire to cd anymore...

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Maya

Well after I mastered the femme stuff, I went back to being a guy to discover my guy side(which I never really did). Not what everyone would do for sure and not for the faint of heart either but I'm pretty happy these days myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I don't know about anyone else, although I still have a lot of things to check off the list I'm pretty happy just getting dressed and spending time en femme. No goals, nothing earth-shaking, just being me. If I manage to get something new off the list, so much the better, but that's not why I crossdress.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I don't think that cd'ing will end once you have done everything. I don't know about you but I don't think I could do everything anyway. I do feel like I am working my way through the bucket list a lot lately.
    Michelle

Gold Member
    I guess we find a new Bucket. LOL

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Personally, I hope to enjoy the things on my CD bucket list that I'll want to go back and do them all over again!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

what happens?

I don't know.. we can die happy?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

A GG I met on another forum years ago said that her husband had also done everything she wanted to in femme mode, and had even been on one of the national talk shows as her femme self, to promote awareness for TGs. She apparently could pass very well and no one could tell that she was a birth male. I don't know if hormones were involved or not. The husband was a magician and could perform as her femme self as well, so working as herself was not an issue.

Then the wife said that almost overnight, he stopped dressing, save for one earring that he always wore in one ear lobe and he didn't want to talk about being TG anymore.

At the time the wife felt that the next step for her husband would have been to transition, since like you, after progressing to the next level it was impossible for her husband to go back to being happy with the prior levels of expression. But transition would have meant losing the marriage. All of this had happened around 2004 or maybe 2005. The wife and I were on the same CD SO support list serv in 2006. I don't know what ever became of them or if the husband did decide to transition after a period of trying to stop expressing herself.
    Reine

To paraphrase Groucho: "Then The Duck comes down, and you collect $50!"

Trust me, your "Bucket List" will never be completed. You accomplish one thing, and it leads to something else. Golly, I think most of Life is just like that!

Peace and Love, Joanie

[SIZE="3"]Denise, Interesting comments. Maybe some of us, me included, if we want balance, need to explore and nurture that other side of us. I mean the cders who like having both sides nurtured. As you always say, integrating the two in a balanced person, who no longer is dressing under compulsion, so much.[/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I agree with Toni-Lynn
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Start over at the top . . .
    Kim, have toy crossed the swimming pool demo off your list?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Aspiring Member
    I am most certainly not a seasoned or experienced crossdresser but I personally compare it to my love of Jeeps and off-roading.

When you own a Jeep and start to modify it and enjoy it there's no stopping it. You say "oh, I'll never need a winch I don't get too serious off pavement" and the next thing you know theres a winch on your front bumper...just went you think you've reached the crest of the mountain something else new comes along.

Odd analogy I know, but like sterling said once you accomplish one goal it's just human nature to set another!

Things To Do

A few years ago, after I'd gone out dressed a few times...felt the knife-edge thrill of jumping off the highest diving board, I found that I did think 'been there, done that...whatever'.

I lost interest for a long time...perhaps because I'd achieved what I set out to. But then, some trigger propelled me once more into a world of short skirts, tight dresses, killer make-up, and (if you are anything like me), vivacious behaviour.

I started getting into web-cam stuff for about...well, a week. I soon tired of it and wanted the real thing. For me, as an unashamedly bisexual* cross-dresser, that meant a real man.

So anyway, after I'd done all that stuff I lost interest again!

However,
    being sufficiently experienced in the whimical ways of a t-girl, I did not chuck out all my clothes and start acting like a mono-persona guy...I simply left my Dee side in hibernation. She came back; I came back...well an intrinsic part of me at any rate.

I've lived in this maze of dual-personadom (a word I've just invented) long enough to realise that wherever Dee is she sure ain't going nowhere. Just this year I realised that I'm a girl of the dark nights; the winter is where Dee's star shines brightest (sorry about the purple prose, I'll keep it to minimum).

Anywhere, where several years ago I'd probably have purged, now I know to let sleeping dogs (thou...dog, no - ****,yes but-that's-a-good-thing!) lie.

Anyway right, my thang is...to paraphrase Samual Johnson, if you're tired of CDing, you're tired of life babe.

*For a holisitic definiton of the misnomer that is 'bisexual', check this out:

http://www.cat-and-dragon.com/stef/Poly/Labriola
    /bisexual.html

Last edited by ReineD; 08-09-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Read the rules. This is a public forum so post appropriately. You're lucky I didn't delete the whole thing. - Reine
    [SIZE=3]She Came From Plant Claire...

Dee
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]xxx[/SIZE]

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    No reason why we can't do things twice.I have done so many amazing things,and still believe there Is more to come.In my Old Age I want to look back on my Life and think."You know,I lived my life to the full and had so much fun doing it.NO REGRETS"

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    and had even been on one of the national talk shows as her femme self, to promote awareness for TGs. The husband was a magician and could perform as her femme self as well, so working as herself was not an issue.

I don't know what ever became of them or if the husband did decide to transition after a period of trying to stop expressing herself.
    Sounds like Lacey Leigh, whom I knew from USENET. She was pretty open about her crossdressing, had to be when she got outed to other magicians by someone on USENET. She was one of those that encouraged me in my early days on the net. Like TxKimberly here, she was also a member of the Vanity Club. She also self published a couple of books.

http://www.amazon.com/Out-About-Cros...1406624&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Succes...1406624&sr=1-2

Hmmm, her web site is gone.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Hmm .. I remember the name, and I do remember her wife, but the person who posted this story was most definitely not Lacey Leigh's wife. Maybe I got my wires crossed about being a magician though. It was 4 years ago, lol. As far as I know, Lacey Leigh never stopped presenting femme.
    Reine

For me, I've been crossdressing for nearly 4 years and I am to the point where I am very comfortable with myself that I can go anywhere to any place whether it's mainstream or TG friendly. I've accomplished so many things in such a short period of time, such as, flying in femme, going to the movies, going to the beach, shopping at the local grocery store, dining out at mainstream restaurants, guest speaking in a college class, going out clubbing with a group of GGs, just to name a few off the top of my head. But, I know I still have a lot more things to do and accomplish. Some of the things I have on my "to-do" list is to go to a major sporting event or play sports in femme (i.e. tennis). I used to think about what I want to do next, but I mostly do things without thinking about it. I just go out and do it without feeling nervous or hesitant.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I always like to find new adventures for myself. I can't imagine not wanting to cd because cding is something i've always wanted to do.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I've crossed a lot of things off my CD bucket list, but it hasn't lessened my desire to have more CD adventures. A mountain climber doesn't quit climbing just because he (or she) managed to get to the top of Mount Everest. They just go climb different mountains. The world is a big place and I don't think I could ever run out of interesting places to explore en femme.
    Phoebe

Wonderful responses, thank you!

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

Been to the top of the mountain

.... and there are more just like this one. as you mentioned I've been an experienced CD for 50 years and have done it all except have sex with a man, and told close personal friends of my secret life.
    This is what i HAVE done which is now only repetitive these past ten years. Been there, done that. Have an accepting wife,who goes out with me dressed, made love together while dressed. been to concerts, movies,clubbing, grocery shopping, restaurants, shopping, browsing, using my femme voice all the time as Megan. Bought and tried on clothes dressed, got to know sales girls as Megan in Fashion Bug and Dress Barn.
    been there, done that. Really nothing new to explore and seek out, but I have not gotten tired of it. Sometimes take a break now and then.

Maya I dont see how you can ever do everything in your bucket list. I mean it would take you untill your 90 to meet everyone of us sexy girls on this site. I mean Oklahoma is a long way from Toronto!

Would you get bored of life just because you have done everything on a list of things to do? No! there is always tomorrow to experience something new. that is what makes life great.