Thread: Is my wife finally beginning to recognize me?

Smile Is my wife finally beginning to recognize me?

I had to laugh tonight. My wife and I were sitting in the family room and the phone rings, my wife answers it and says to the person on the other end "she's right here" and then she corrects herself and says "he's right here". I pretended like I never noticed, she has never made this mistake before. I wonder if she's finally starting to see me for who I really am inside.

Vicki

Sure sounds like she is, little Freudian slip by your wife

She sees you as the girl you are inside.
    Michelle

completely awesome!

It's like.........I love it when we're out somewhere,..i'm in guy-mode and my wife see's a dress or some heels and says," wow....thats you! ..that would look so good on you!" in front of people without even thinking. Makes me laugh.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    Way too awesome. I love it when our wives/lovers start making these small but wonderful adjustments. Its so very inviting and uplifting. Make sure to tell her how much you love her
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I would say that you are lucky! She does recognize you for who you are inside! My late wife used to do the same thing Jazmine was mentioning. Talking about how nice a certain dress would look on me, etc.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

You are VERY lucky to have a wife that is understanding. My wife would freak out if she knew I was a CD.

I would have to say she has you as a female in her mind. She may not come right out and admit it but it is just under the surface. :-)

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    My wife sometimes refers to me as "she". Sometimes it means something, but most of the time it doesn't: her native language doesn't use gendered third-person pronouns and she is constantly getting "he" and "she" mixed up, including switching them around in the middle of a sub-clause. She also changes references in the middle of a sentence, so "he", "she", "he" might turn out to refer to "male #1", "male #1", "female #1". What's worse is that she sometimes changes topics completely in the middle of a sentence without signaling it in any way, so when I think I've decoded and back-referenced the pronouns properly, it might turn out that she has meanwhile switched from discussing (say) a Canadian politician to (say) a foreign actress.... and I'm just supposed to "know" that.

Vicki;

I have to ask: How were you dressed when the phone rang?
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

maybe

It was a pink Freudian slip.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyC View Post
    Vicki;

I have to ask: How were you dressed when the phone rang?
    Actually I was dressed male at the time.

Vicki

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    So cool and I am envious, My wife did a similiar thing recently when we where packing her mothers things up for a move and a bunch of her clothes where hanging up and in baskets when she looked at me and said loudly "do you want to go through any of this and see if you want anything you might like?"
    I just looked back at her and wondered to myself "did she tell her sister" as her sister was standing in front of the closet. Her sister just said a bit later " I think moms clothes would look better on you" refering to my wife.
    I asked my wife later if she had told her and she said no and she was sorry she was not thinking at the time, I told her it was ok and I think your sister would be understanding, however she does not want to let the cat out of the bag.
    I kind of wish she would tell her sisters so she would be able to talk about it with them, I think she would find that they would be supportive of her.

Platinum Member
    It might have been a slip, but I doubt it. She's seeing the girl in ya. A few weeks ago, my wife said "your such girl" ...when I complained that I'd gained a few pounds. I loved it!

why don't you simple ask her how she feels about you that way.

That's funny, as long as she doesn't out you by accident. (it's all fun and games until somebody puts an eye out) It reminds me of the time we where on vacation, where in a gift shop and the wife picks up a cute skirt and blouse that has the resort logo on it, and holds up the skirt in front on me and says loudly, I think this would be cute on you. a Little old white haired lady almost loss her false teeth, I turned red, as the wife looked sheepishly at me and said "I sorry, I wasn't thinking." We where in town with a bunch of friends, I was just glad we where the only one of our group in there. Oh, I wore that skirt and blouse for years before I wore it out.
    Tina B.

Just being my true self wtb Jessica's Avatar
    sounds like it but only time will tell.
    girl that loves to shopping and would like to be under stood by family.