Thread: Making Progress and Building Confidence

Making Progress and Building Confidence

Girls, It's been awhile since I posted here. I have found support in other girls' stories and I hope this will provide some inspiration as well. In the past year or so, I've came out to many of my friends. I was amazed to find that the world did not collapse but instead, my friends have been very supportive. In fact, a good GG friend of mine just bought me a purse. It is a liberating feeling and I found that everyone just tells me to be myself.

When I look back, I am amazed how my confidence level has built. I used to be so nervous and began slowly, for example, wearing leather pants. Now I've gone out wearing skirts, purses and heels while in drab (not all at the same time). Many times I'll grab my purse for a coffee and won't even think about it. Most of the time I wear women's pants,scarves etc. Of course, I prefer the complete package, but these baby steps work well for me.

I do get odd looks every now and then, but no negative comments. I've been called "ma'am" and "girl" in drab by so many cashiers and others that I can't remember. I feel very comfortable with myself and if others don't like it, that's fine.I found that the biggest barrier was in my mind. I don't know exactly where i am headed, but it has sure been a fabulous journey so far.

Any of you ladies have similar stories?
    Work that Skirt Girl!

Rachel, thank you for this post. Yes, it is inspiring to me as I have only very recently disclosed CDing to my wife. I thought the I'd splat when I jumped off that cliff of full disclosure. I landed on my feet, or should I say that my beautiful wife caught me? That's what really happened.

I have been a different person since that day. Truly enjoying life and feeling my own confidence building. I only CD at home and that may always be enough. I will never go openly in public without my wife's consent. Besides the aspect of clothing, I've let my feminine self flourish in public. I don't hesitate to carry my "man bag" everywhere even though it looks quite feminine (which is why I have it). I don't feel self-conscious. I also don't hold back wearing feminine jewelry and acting very feminine with gestures and things I might say. I know these examples are not on the level of actually dressing in public, but I thought I'd share how my confidence has been enhanced by CDing at home.