Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a question about MtF and FtM

a question about MtF and FtM

since this forum has both groups. Have either group thought that the other group may make great friendships of even a great future SO. I was just thinking about how well that might work out for both.

Platinum Member
    I hadn't thought of it, but it makes sense. At least one couple I know of on this site are MTF and FTM...but I'll let them speak for themselves.

My wife and I are somewhere on that continuum. She and I are both bi expereineced. It makes for a nice match.

I cannot be sure.

It seems I am most unliked by some of them, mostly because of my ignorance toward them.

I will be honest, until I joined this forum, I was unaware of their numbers

But I would very much like to befriend one, if they gave me a chance.

But it seems all I have done is stand on toes.

I do however wish we could just break free of the gender binary.

seems difficult. If I'm not wrong here, I'ld guess that most CD'ers are heterosexual and they love true women. I can't imagine being with a FtM CD or TS, a MtF TS would be much closer to me and my desires than a FtM TS.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I hadn't thought of it, but it makes sense. At least one couple I know of on this site are MTF and FTM...but I'll let them speak for themselves.

My wife and I are somewhere on that continuum. She and I are both bi expereineced. It makes for a nice match.
    I am MtF (was in transition at one point, but had to stop due to medical and other reasons and just CD now. I have been thinking a lot as of late about going back to my doctor and therapist and exploring the possibility of restarting hormones. My dysphoria has returned with a vengeance and the only way to take the edge off is by presenting as female. I pretty much dress full time now except while I am at work...but that is a whole other topic). My husband is a Transman, who was also transitioning and had to put it on hold, but is in the process of getting back on T. He presents and lives as a male 24/7. So, it is possible for MtF and FtM to get together and have something good.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia_Marie View Post
    I am MtF (was in transition at one point, but had to stop due to medical and other reasons and just CD now. I have been thinking a lot as of late about going back to my doctor and therapist and exploring the possibility of restarting hormones. My dysphoria has returned with a vengeance and the only way to take the edge off is by presenting as female. I pretty much dress full time now except while I am at work...but that is a whole other topic). My husband is a Transman, who was also transitioning and had to put it on hold, but is in the process of getting back on T. He presents and lives as a male 24/7. So, it is possible for MtF and FtM to get together and have something good.
    How long have you two been together? Were each of you in your transitions when you met?

And, congratulations on building your relationship!

How long have you two been together? Were each of you in your transitions when you met?

And, congratulations on building your relationship!
    We have been together for about 9 years total. We have been married for 4 years.

We were both in transition when we met. We both used the same therapist and endo.

Platinum Member
    Wow, that's great - any relationship that can hold up through 9 years is impressive these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrijerry View Post
    since this forum has both groups. Have either group thought that the other group may make great friendships of even a great future SO. I was just thinking about how well that might work out for both.
    Gerry, I was wondering - as I recall, your wife suggested that after you retire, she figures you'll be "full-time". Does this reflect a shift in her sexual preference too - towards, if you will a "lesbian" relationship with you?
    Last edited by Ze; 08-12-2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Merging posts.

Wow, that's great - any relationship that can hold up through 9 years is impressive these days!
    It hasn't all been perfume and roses though. We had our share of fights before we got married, and called the relationship quits on more than one occasion. We still have our moments, and even separated for almost a year, but got back together to give it another try. We have been back together for about a year and it seems to be working better. I can't think of anyone I would rather spend the rest of my life with.

Of course, I used to have a huge crush on a cute F T M guy who unfortunately isn't here any more.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

You're always the celebrity couple on here, Alicia. Ain't you ever going to get your hubby to join?

Like any other relationship, I would think an MtF-FtM relationship could work out just fine. It always comes down to respect, compassion, and communication. But that's every relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    You're always the celebrity couple on here, Alicia. Ain't you ever going to get your hubby to join?

Like any other relationship, I would think an MtF-FtM relationship could work out just fine. It always comes down to respect, compassion, and communication. But that's every relationship.
    I know he is a member of some other FtM board, but don't know which ones. I never think to mention this board to him must be the old-timers setting in. You know what they say: "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.") . I'm sure he would get along good with all you guys, but then I couldn't flirt with you anymore.

Platinum Member
    i myself have been in two ftm-mtf relationships and if i wasn't now engaged to my partner, i would most definitely date a mtf again...to me its no different than dating a genetic female....just a different kind of woman is all, she would still be treated like a lady no matter what appendage she might or might not have

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia_Marie View Post
    but then I couldn't flirt with you anymore.
    But that's what the PM system is here for, m'lady!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    i myself have been in two ftm-mtf relationships and if i wasn't now engaged to my partner, i would most definitely date a mtf again...to me its no different than dating a genetic female....just a different kind of woman is all, she would still be treated like a lady no matter what appendage she might or might not have
    Out of all the time I've known you, you never mentioned you were able to date an MtF or two. That's pretty awesome! And well said.

Platinum Member
    Out of all the time I've known you, you never mentioned you were able to date an MtF or two. That's pretty awesome! And well said.
    i'm sure i've mentioned it, if not on msn, definitely on here...its not a huge secret

i'm sure i've mentioned it, if not on msn, definitely on here...its not a huge secret
    Me thinks my old age is getting to me. Anyway, with so few MtF-FtM relationships that I hear about, it's cool to know that at least a few exist(ed) out there.

Platinum Member
    out of all the relationships ive been in, i actually think its the most logical...mtfs & ftms arent that different just going in different directions

Yep exactly.

I think the lack of such relationships may come down to simple numbers, though. It's hard enough to find anybody to have a close relationship with, so for an FtM to find an MtF and hit it off well enough for such a thing is even less chance simply because there are less numbers in the trans community than in the cis.

Did that make sense?

But that's what the PM system is here for, m'lady!
    You wicked, wicked man...Now even one more reason to like you

Platinum Member
    Yep exactly.

I think the lack of such relationships may come down to simple numbers, though. It's hard enough to find anybody to have a close relationship with, so for an FtM to find an MtF and hit it off well enough for such a thing is even less chance simply because there are less numbers in the trans community than in the cis.
    yup, im just lucky that a) i find mtfs attractive, b) my friendship base is made up of pretty much mostly mtfs, making it easier for me

yup, im just lucky that a) i find mtfs attractive, b) my friendship base is made up of pretty much mostly mtfs, making it easier for me
    I soooo need to find where all these ladies are hiding in Boston.

Platinum Member
    I soooo need to find where all these ladies are hiding in Boston.
    yup you do, plenty of bars and clubs there with mtfs in it ...there is also you're school you might find some younger mtfs just coming out....you have two meals coming up? keep an eye out, oh and give em cd.coms web address lol

I am very proud of my cyber friendships with the FtM's here. They are witty and smart and exclusively handsome. were I younger and they were half blind they might even date me. Of course I would let them pick up the tab
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I am very proud of my cyber friendships with the FtM's here. They are witty and smart and exclusively handsome. were I younger and they were half blind they might even date me. Of course I would let them pick up the tab
    Lori if i was single, and in the US, i'd date you...you are beautiful, i don't need to be blind to say that...oh and i like older women AND it would be a pleasure to pick up the tab

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew
    ....just a different kind of woman is all, she would still be treated like a lady no matter what appendage she might or might not have.
    [SIZE="2"]Mine is retractable[/SIZE]