Thread: Came out to my Sister

Came out to my Sister

I just sent my sister an email telling her about my dressing and being transgendered.
    I was going to be up in her state in a few weeks and had to postpone my trip. I was going to tell her in person at that time. But since I came out to my ex-wife last week, I figured that I needed to tell my sister before she heard thru the grapevine.
    I have not heard back, but I am sure she will reply. I imagine she will talk it over with her husband who is a therapist first before she responds.
    Fingers crossed!

Platinum Member
    I think you made a good decision. I don't know about your ex, but mine was pretty vocal about my dressing in the months immediately following our separation. I understand that it was the anger speaking - but the word certainly got out!

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Good for you Nicki! I hope your sis responds in a positive way

I have yet to come out to any family members. I am going on a trip back to NJ next week for a family wedding, I was also considering telling my siblings, but I'm still not sure about it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

Wow, phone or in person would make me feel better. E-mails are too easy to print, forward, you know more never ending. Good luck.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I do hope you get a positive response!

Quote Originally Posted by Tora View Post
    Wow, phone or in person would make me feel better. E-mails are too easy to print, forward, you know more never ending. Good luck.
    I really doubt that my sister would print and circulate my email. But your right it is never ending and so is my dressing. In time everybody I know will know about Nicki.

Good luck to you.
    Michelle

Sister

Nikki, I hope that you get the same reaction from your sister as I got from mine. She was the first person after my late wife, that I came out to, and although she still doesn't want to see me dressed, she has been very supportive. So good luck, hope all goes well for you.

This year I decided to come out to my sisters through facebook. One day I just sent them a message through my female profile. I wasn't too worried about my other family seeing it as I'm starting to be comfortable enough not to worry so much about what others think. Anyways, One sister responded really fast with warm acceptance and kind words that she was glad I was being myself and happy along with the love no matter what bit added in. My other sister isn't on facebook so much so the delay in reply kinda worried me. Eventually I got a warm response from her as well. Yeah, facebook is a rather public cyber place to come out but I just felt I should so I did. Now I am glad I did it. I haven't gotten any hate mail from other family members who can see me on my sisters profile and wall posts. Lol, My one sister thought for sure I was our youngest sister messing around cause we look so alike when I'm dressed. So that was my expirience coming out to them.

I wish you luck in who you choose to come out to and that they love and understand you enough to accept you for you.

If she married a therapist that means she is probably a pretty open minded person. I hope she give you the support you desire!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I ended up coming out to my sister on the phone just a few days before I was going to visit her and tell her in person. I was having a stressful time, but I wanted her to know that my life wasn't all gloom and doom, that there was something that I was happy about and that I was getting out and meeting people for, so I told her then. Worked out fine.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Talking it out before replied is GOOD. Stay cool.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

I do hope your sister responds positively Nicki.
    I'm going home in a couple of weeks. I'll be staying at my sister's place and maybe I would like to tell her... (and the other sister and my brothers? And what about Mammy and Daddy?)
    I hadn't thought about that.
    Gee, thanks.
    It might even be nice - I could imagine them having a great laugh (in a good way) They'll jump at any chance for a party
    I won't jump the gun though

gaby

Aspiring Member

How to break news?

My ex and I visited my sisters for two weeks at which point we announced our parting. We mentioned several reasons not including CDing. We said we were going to maintain co-habitation with the ex in AZ most of the time and I at the old homestead, oh well maybe I'll just have to transition some more.

Thanks girls for all of your concern and support. My sister called and left a very nice message and told me that she has unconditional love for me and she is happy that I found something that make me feel good. I had tears in my eyes when I was listening to it. I was so amazed how accepting she was. So I then called her and we talked for an hour and she supports me and was glad that I came out to her and told her before she heard it from elsewhere.
    So this AM I am checking my email and her hubby, sent me an email telling me that anytime I need to talk to give him a call. Sure is great having people around you that love you.

Platinum Member
    What a great expression of support from your family! Are you planning to see either of your sisters en femme anytime soon?

Looking to help others. christiek's Avatar
    That is wonderful! Its great to see there are people out there like that! And family at that! I wish half of mine was so accepting! I am very happy for you! You go girl!

Aspiring Member
    AWWWWWWW

-Donni-

good for you girl,just the fact you have talked to someone about it and some one knows releases some of the stress , and even better when its family .

I did a similar thing at work tuesday with a good co worker( came out via mail+ photo ) so i know excatly how you feel when something goes the right way for once . i hope it does the same for you as for me as i realised its not such a big deal to tell people + there is nothing better than knowing that there is someone there if you ever need them.

thats awsome nicki!! of course you know you can call me anytime too ha ha.im glad you are letting go.once every body knows about nicki they will just move on cuz your still you no matter what.at least thats my experience.keep on progressing,and keep on that bra girl. jen.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Hey Nicki, regardless of how one does it, the feeling of being truthful and finally getting it of ones chest is ecstatic and freeing. I did it in person about month ago while visiting, Oh girl, you probably speared your self 2 buckets of tears by doing email. Congrats babe, its good to be free!

Alexia, I am glad that I didnt have to have the buckets of tears.

Jen, you know me, my bra is always on!

I told my sister a few years ago, she's great it's brought us closer together, we now have regular girl nights in at our house, me and my missis cook a nice meal open a bottle of shampoo and have a right good natter,(hope you understand my English).

Jo