View Poll Results: Would Rachael Pass in public?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 43.55%
  • No

16 25.81%
  • Don't Know

19 30.65%
  • Who's that ugly cow

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The burning question, would I pass?

The burning question, would I pass?

Well, we seem to have the pictures/photography finally sorted out here and I have been working on the makeup.

So now on to my burning question, would I pass in public?

I am not allowed out, so this question is hypothetical, but I would just, kind of like to know the answer.

Please excuse the stray bra strap, I don't have anything to keep a bra filled and weighted down!

Love, Rachael.

Last edited by Rachael Warren; 08-29-2005 at 02:28 PM.
    I am a TV repair man, if I cant cure me nobody can!

Thumbs up

Hi Racheal

I think that you could be a girl in public any day as long as your walk and demeanor are correct. as you look is definately way above most ladies you see in the street. because as a cd we do have a habit of taking a bit pride in our look when we go out.
    If you are thinking about going out fully femme go for it. but get your partners opinion because she'll tell you the truth if your look is right.
    [SIZE=4]:GE: CROSS MY PALM WITH GOLD, CAUSE SILVER'S CHEAP[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6]EMELDA[/SIZE]
    My picture thread http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28557

Thanks Joanna, a girl loves a compliment

How are things with your son now, I trust all is ok?

Lots of love, Rachael.

Yes Racheal, you could pass with no questions.

Vallari (Goddess) ;)
    You look good to me Rachael. It's always good to ask your partner though like Joanna mentioned. Never hurts to find out!

Yes Racheal, you could pass with no questions. I uave to agree with Joanna, You look better than most GGs. I think that you and your SO should make a date with one another and hit the shopping centers.
    Just my two cents.

Rikki

well Rachel
    you are very sexy t-girl but as for passing well comming from an objective person
    and someone has sisters whom worke dwith transgender person in their place
    of employment.
    and first it all starts the way move you hands your head the way you walk and sit
    and stand over all carry yourself.
    Second if my sisters saw your pictures they could tell that you were a transperson.
    and i do nothow you look in the real world sometime the camera can show
    imperfection that the naked eye can not see.{ i'm also an amiture photographer too}
    but my maleself would ask you out on a date.

your's sincurely
    Tina

Quote Originally Posted by Vallari
    You look good to me Rachael. It's always good to ask your partner though like Joanna mentioned. Never hurts to find out!
    Thanks Vallari, it's my partner and I that set the rule that dosn't let me out.

The community we live in is just too small, I have to protect my children etc.

However, next time I'm on the UK mainland, hmmmmm?

Love Rachael.
    Last edited by Rachael Warren; 08-29-2005 at 02:59 PM.

yup- my mom (god bless her,or please take her home-hehe)- always said -"You're going out dressed like that?! I replied- better nakid? eh?
    I figure I'd stand out in a bad way at the Miss America pagent, but shopping for a car battery at K-Mart on a Saturday evening (en femme!) I have little doubt , I would be the prettiest "girl" there eh?? it seems like a time and place,resolution cuz You look more "femme" than any girls in line, buying their pore cleansing stuff- hehe,, its a perspective thing- youbetcha-hmm-xx"K"
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

Ok I'm going to tell you honestly what I think. The hair looks great, the clothes are great, but passable?? I'd have to say in all honesty no. The reason being is the makeup and beard shadow. You really need to work on that before you 'hyperthetically' go out The eyeshadow clashes with the lipstick, you need a more subtle colour for the lips. You should also consider using some concealer under the eyes to cover up the darkness. Also add a bit of blusher to the cheeks to make them stand out a bit.

Now I feel really mean, but you did want honest feedback.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki
    Yes Racheal, you could pass with no questions. I uave to agree with Joanna, You look better than most GGs. I think that you and your SO should make a date with one another and hit the shopping centers.
    Just my two cents.

Rikki
    Thankyou for your sweet words Rikki, I would just looooove to go shopping with her, as me.

Unfortunately, I go as him, but when she knows it's Rachael thats looking, it's kind'a fun.

One day????

Love, Rachael.

Show some teeth,change the lipstick, and Im not feeling the bangs and lets judge again.
    Try a dark colored wig.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina_Lynn_Sue
    well Rachel
    you are very sexy t-girl but as for passing well comming from an objective person
    and someone has sisters whom worke dwith transgender person in their place
    of employment.
    and first it all starts the way move you hands your head the way you walk and sit
    and stand over all carry yourself.
    Second if my sisters saw your pictures they could tell that you were a transperson.
    and i do nothow you look in the real world sometime the camera can show
    imperfection that the naked eye can not see.{ i'm also an amiture photographer too}
    but my maleself would ask you out on a date.

your's sincurely
    Tina
    Why thank you Tina, I'm affraid I'd have to decline the date though, my wife wouldn't approve

Love Rachael.

Quote Originally Posted by Khriss
    yup- my mom (god bless her,or please take her home-hehe)- always said -"You're going out dressed like that?! I replied- better nakid? eh?
    I figure I'd stand out in a bad way at the Miss America pagent, but shopping for a car battery at K-Mart on a Saturday evening (en femme!) I have little doubt , I would be the prettiest "girl" there eh?? it seems like a time and place,resolution cuz You look more "femme" than any girls in line, buying their pore cleansing stuff- hehe,, its a perspective thing- youbetcha-hmm-xx"K"
    Thanks Khriss, interesting perspective.

I think if I were to go out naked though the world would see something obviously wrong, well three things actually.

I can relate to the perspective thing, I have spent a lifetime blending into the background.

Thanks for your post.

Love, Rachael.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Tamara~
    Ok I'm going to tell you honestly what I think. The hair looks great, the clothes are great, but passable?? I'd have to say in all honesty no. The reason being is the makeup and beard shadow. You really need to work on that before you 'hyperthetically' go out The eyeshadow clashes with the lipstick, you need a more subtle colour for the lips. You should also consider using some concealer under the eyes to cover up the darkness. Also add a bit of blusher to the cheeks to make them stand out a bit.

Now I feel really mean, but you did want honest feedback.
    Thank you Tamara, I appreciate honesty above all else.

Beard shadow, hmm, had a shave with a Mac III turbo, couldn't get much closer without taking the skin off. Used a concealer, can't be good enough, so recommendations welcome. Put a silk finish foundation over the top. finished with powder.

Eyeshaddow, I was trying to follow some advice from the Beauty club, "Use earth colours", so I had dark brown over the lids and a bronze shade in the sockets (did I get that right? you didn't say it was wrong). I had also used a brown liquid eyeliner as recommended in the same forum.

Oh and the worst bit Mascara, I just cant get that on my lashes, well I can but it goes all over my lids, nose and under the eyes. I have a problem with touching my eyes, I gave up using contact lenses because of it. I suspect that is the darkness you see around my eyes, I look like a panda until I clear up the mess I make with the mascara.

There is concealer under my eyes, and over the lids as well, mainly to sort out the above problem, but also because it was recommended in the beauty club.

Lipstick, well what can I say, I wanted to use bright red, but Freya insisted it would be wrong and chose this one, so I am at a loss here, should I try a different lipstick, or change the eye shadow?

Blush, here is something I know a little bit about. I had some red stuff (Rouge?) in a little square box. I used to use a tiny amount on my cheeks and they would glow. Unfortunately, some of our four legged tailless friends here decided to help me with my make up, I ended up with a red floor and no more blush!

In the picture I am in fact wearing blush over my cheeks, nose and chin, as recommended by Julie, unfortunately it is a very pink blush, not like the one that has sadly passed away. It has lost some of its colour with the photography I suspect, I can still see it in the mirror and that was put on eight plus hours ago.

Sorry to have rattled on, but as you say I want honesty.

I now eagerly await your advice.

Lots of love, Rachael.

[size=3][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by ebony
    Show some teeth,change the lipstick, and Im not feeling the bangs and lets judge again.
    Try a dark colored wig.
    Hi Ebony, thanks for the reply.

The lipstick has been mentioned previously and has been noted, but bangs?

Are bangs curls? I am not familiar with the term.

I am naturally darker hair wise, but don't have another hair piece to hand at the moment, I will bear it in mind.

Love, Rachael.

The wig does look expensive and nice, but hair that perfect is usually only seen on a young girl or a movie star.

Also, the color doesn't match up with your skin tone and eyebrows. I'd try a medium chestnut instead, and a cut that's not so.... young and perfect.

The eyeshadow isn't flattering your eyes, and the lipstick is way too bright and intense a color. Also, they're not in the same family at all. Makeup should never be "noticed" at all if it's done correctly.

Try very, very pale cream on your eyelids and a very, pale lilac under your brows (or a medium taupe if your clothing is in the brown family). Try a light, pinky/peachy lipstick with plenty of shimmer, and a light, matching blush. Don't forget mascara.

You also need a bit more cover around the eyes, but be sure to blend.

But there is possibility! Very much so. I'm not saying you should try for a "old" look, just one that's believable if you really want to pass. You have nice bone structure.

One more thing-- only someone in PERFECT shape can get away with wearing that dress. I couldn't. If you're a wee bit too heavy for it, it attracts stares. You should at least have a nice tan if you want to show all that skin.

You're making the same mistake many CDs make (and GGs) of trying to look way too young for your age, which only ADDS to bringing attention to yourself and exaggerating "flaws".

You should think "Ann Taylor" or "Liz Claiborn"--- chic and stylish, not "age thirteen tart".

Well, you asked. I only mention it because you seem to want the truth and have the motivation to look your best.

How about a look like this?

or

or

I like the bottom one the best---sexy and believable! You'd look like a million bucks!

Good luck!
    Last edited by susandrea; 08-29-2005 at 05:00 PM.
    ....we are all made of stardust

Nice work, Rachel, you are really getting there, and it takes a lot of courage to ask for honesty here, because you are bound to get it!

I'm with Ebony about the wig colour. A darker frame around your face would make a big difference. A shorter style would help too, in my opinion; say, about shoulder length.

I don't see any problem with the lipstick colour, but a nice, relaxed, toothy smile would help a lot.

The real problem around your eyes is your eyebrows, I feel that they really need thinning. You could follow the guide in the Beauty Club to get the shape right

Keep at it, though, because you are very close to a "pass" rate.
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

P.S.

I think "bangs" is what we call a "fringe".

First off, I love that outfit!

Second I really agree with what Susan had to say.

Finally, from the perspective of a 21yo guy...I probably wouldn give you a second look AS LONG AS you didnt stand out any (outrageous clothing, hair, walk, talk, etc...). I dont think you want to stand out any, because honestly if I took a second or 3rd glance I would start to notice the things that more define you as a man.

Keep it casual, try to blend in as a woman your age, and dont do anything outrageos and you will be fine.

Last thing that will bring it all together is confidence. If I took notice of you and you saw me looking and then showed a lack of confidence in your appearance, that would send up a flag. Remember most women arent out there wondering if they look like women, and they dont walk around paranoid (MOST of them atleast)

Quote Originally Posted by susandrea
    The wig does look expensive and nice, but hair that perfect is usually only seen on a young girl or a movie star.

Also, the color doesn't match up with your skin tone and eyebrows. I'd try a medium chestnut instead, and a cut that's not so.... young and perfect.

The eyeshadow isn't flattering your eyes, and the lipstick is way too bright and intense a color.

Try very, very pale cream on your eyelids and a very, pale lilac under your brows (or a medium taupe if your clothing is in the brown family). Try a light, pinky/peachy lipstick with plenty of shimmer, and a light, matching blush. Don't forget mascara.

You also need a bit more cover around the eyes, but be sure to blend.

But there is possibility! Very much so. I'm not saying you should try for a "old" look, just one that's believable if you really want to pass. You have nice bone structure.

One more thing-- only someone in PERFECT shape can get away with wearing that dress. I couldn't. If you're a wee bit too heavy for it, it attracts stares. You should at least have a nice tan if you want to show all that skin.

You're making the same mistake many CDs make (and GGs) of trying to look way too young for your age, which only ADDS to bringing attention to yourself and exaggerating "flaws".

You should think "Ann Taylor" or "Liz Claiborn"--- chic and stylish, not "age thirteen tart".

Well, you asked. I only mention it because you seem to want the truth and have the motivation to look your best.

How about a look like this?

or

or

I like the bottom one the best---sexy and believable! You'd look like a million bucks!

Good luck!
    Well, thank you Susandrea, I appreciate your time and advice.

I havn't tried to do this before so it's all a big adventure.

FYI I am 38 years old, so my youth is far behind me, but I suppose I am still looking to see the face that I would have had.

I dress how I want to, and don't usually care about my appearance; so this is a voyage of discovery for me.

I will think about what you have said and maybe "experiment" a little more.

Thanks for your support.

Love, Rachael.

FYI I am 38 years old, so my youth is far behind me, but I suppose I am still looking to see the face that I would have had.

Sorry, I don't buy it. 38 is YOUNG! And you don't look old, either. (Neither do I and I'm 44).

I dress how I want to, and don't usually care about my appearance;

You asked if you'd PASS. I assumed that meant to the outside world and not just to please yourself.

The answer is YES, but only if you accentuate your assets instead of reliving your teenage years.

That doesn't mean a dowdy old look, as I said. 40 is the new 30!

The very fact that you opened yourself up for a hard look is very brave and I wouldn't have bothered answering if I didn't think you could do it.

You could.

I'd go to the drugstore and buy a couple things that are from the same collection, all neutral tones and with a bit of shimmer. Select a foundation that's as close as possible to your skin tone and BLEND. And the only way to get used to applying mascara is to practice. Slowly and a little at a time until you feel comfortable, and never keep itr longer than about three months.

You go, girl!
    Last edited by susandrea; 08-29-2005 at 05:21 PM.

Susan, somebody told me that 60 is the new 40, is that right? If so, there's hope for me yet!

Rachael, as Susan said, you are still young, just not 18 any more! I wish I could look like Katie and some of the other young girls here, but we have to be realistic. But that doesn't mean we can't push at the boundaries, so don't limit your horizons, and get your a** outa that door!

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie Sweet
    Nice work, Rachel, you are really getting there, and it takes a lot of courage to ask for honesty here, because you are bound to get it!

I'm with Ebony about the wig colour. A darker frame around your face would make a big difference. A shorter style would help too, in my opinion; say, about shoulder length.

I don't see any problem with the lipstick colour, but a nice, relaxed, toothy smile would help a lot.

The real problem around your eyes is your eyebrows, I feel that they really need thinning. You could follow the guide in the Beauty Club to get the shape right

Keep at it, though, because you are very close to a "pass" rate.
    Thanks Natalie, unfortunately I cant play with the eyebrows any more.

I have to live in drab, and am well known in my community.

This is only an exercise to see how far I could go, and maybe to encourage me to try to go further.

As for the hair, a darker shade would work, but it would also be very close to my real shade, and ummm well I have been known to have long hair in boy mode, also wear ear rings and I feel I would be sailing a little close to the wind, get my drift?

I appreciate your comments; which are now noted.

Many thanks for your time and consideration.

Love, Rachael.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie Sweet
    Susan, somebody told me that 60 is the new 40, is that right? If so, there's hope for me yet!

Rachael, as Susan said, you are still young, just not 18 any more! I wish I could look like Katie and some of the other young girls here, but we have to be realistic. But that doesn't mean we can't push at the boundaries, so don't limit your horizons, and get your a** outa that door!
    For you Natalie, 60 is the new 30. You're a little hottie.