Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stepping WAAAAAAY out of my comfort zone today....

Aspiring Member

Stepping WAAAAAAY out of my comfort zone today....My first time out was great! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by KristinSkye
    To start my comfort zone right now is pretty much maxed out at about spending maybe 10-20 seconds fully dressed in my own back yard...

I made a commitment to myself earlier this week to finally get out of the house and try to enjoy myself. To be honest I'm pretty nervous, but I'm not backing out now; it took way too damn long to get ready lol. Anyway I'll be leaving in about an hour or so so if anybody has any tips on the way I'm dressed or just some last minute advice before I 'walk the plank' please tell me
    WELL I'M BACK AND IT WENT GREAT, I've never felt so feminine and confident before in my life!!!

Anyway nothing about this story terribly interesting and I'm also very chatty right now so I'll try and keep the details to a minimum lol. For the most interesting parts, including where I got outed, skip to the bottom

So this morning I got up early as planned to get ready. This was the first time I've went all out. I:

1. painted my toe nails and finger nails (for the first time I might add)
    2. planned my outfit (had to borrow a top from my wife, I hope she doesn't mind )
    3. did my makeup (once again I went out of my comfort zone and tried color for the first time)
    4. loaded up the handbag my wife was nice enough to lend me
    5. swapped out my tongue ring with a girly pink sparkly one
    6. and spritzed on some Britney Spears perfume from a tiny sample I found under the sink.

I then promptly posted this thread and took a nap; last night had me tossing and turning like today was Christmas Day, I was tired!

After the nap I headed out. My first stop was a gas station to fuel up for the trip. As I pulled in the 3-4 other people gassing up immediately looked my direction (they were looking at my Jeep most likely, happens a lot lol). As I was fueling this older balding man who had ridden a bike there just stared at me...Like you guys said to do, I kept my head and confidence up and didn't concern myself with his presence.

Next stop was this mall I hadn't been to before (to minimize the chance of being seen by someone I know). I got there an HOLY COW, I knew it was tax free weekend in FL but I had no idea how crowded it would be. I drove around and picked chose the store with the least crowded parking lot - Belk (it was still packed). I fixed my lips and hair and headed inside.

I immediately had to use the restroom..the first hurdle I wasn't looking forward to, especially once I saw how crowded the store was. Again on the advice of our community here I turned on the confidence and made it clear I was supposed to be there. After this first time using the Ladies room the other times were a snap.

I didn't spend a whole lot of time in the Belk just because their Juniors section had either been cleared out of the good stuff or just didn't have anything good. I left and decided to try another store at the Mall, but all the other ones looked so packed I didn't bother.

I just realized that I'm not at all living up to my promise to keep things short and sweet, I apologize..

Anyway feeling a little defeated I hopped back in the Jeep and left. I didn't want that to be the end of my day so I looked for a Kohls on my iPhone. There was one up the road so I went to check it out; unfortunately it was the most crowded store I had seen yet.

Back in the Jeep I decided to say screw it and just go to the mall near me hoping the crowds weren't as bad. Sure enough Sears was pretty much empty by comparison. I spent about an hour perusing the Juniors section, like Belk the selection wasn't very good :/

The only good part was half the stuff was clearance. I decided to try on a few pairs of jeans and denim short shorts. By this time I just walked into the ladies fitting room like I owned the place! Unfortunately none of the jeans cam in 7L and were all too short The shorts were cute, but I couldn't justify waiting in the long line just to purchase one item.

After that I packed up and went home with the biggest smile I've had on my face in a long time.

Now the quick list of the the more interesting parts:

1. Throughout my adventure I noticed a few things. A lot of women will make eye contact with you and smile. I can't even remember how many times this happened.
    2. It surprised me that the younger GG's (children included) didn't make me nervous at all. Just a few days ago I said that this group would make me the most uncomfortable yet I was literally several feet away from these people and they didn't pay me any mind.
    3. The people that did make me feel uncomfortable were the male counterparts of the other female shoppers that were just sitting/standing around while their SO's shopped. On several occasions I noticed a handful of them eying me up like they were on to me.
    4. I had a little run in with the water fountain. I was pretty thirsty and in my haste I dangled the majority of my hair in the basin of the fountain as I was using it. I don't think anyone was watching but it was pretty embarrassing lol.
    5. Yes, I was outed! It was the kind of situation where a comment is made within earshot and not directly to my face. I was taking a look at some piece of clothing when I hear this black male in his mid to late 20s say to his SO "Man...that dude look like a female!" to which his So replied "Mmm-hmm". I just smiled

Whew....sorry for the long post, I know I made everything out to be a lot more exciting than it really was. Anyway I am kinda bummed I didn't get any new outfits. I'm thinking about going out again tomorrow to Sears and picking up a handbag of my own!

And now cruddy cell phone pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stepping Oot

How far out, and how long? You look great; hope it goes well.

Hi Hon,
    We have all been thru the jitters, can you find a girl friend to go with you? Maybe just go drive around for a while for the first time out. All I can say is that it gets way easier and just have fun. Take time to enjoy the moment. Oh and you look great!

I agree with the others. You look terrific - go have fun and dont forget to wear your smile!

Aspiring Member
    Thanks for the reassurance gals; definitely helps ease my anxiety.

I was planning on heading to a mall I've never been too that's about an hour away from my house. Once there I was gonna scope out the department stores and try some shopping in the least busy one. I picked a hell of a weekend for this though, its sales tax free weekend in FL right now so everythings probably going to be packed. Anyway I'm planning on a three hour trip, but we'll see.

Oh, and unfortunately the only one I know that I could have gone with is my wife and she's working so it looks like I'm going solo!

Wink

Girl you look just too CUTE!! Get out and enjoy! If I was any where close to being that passable I'd never be seen in drab again!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

You look wonderful, I hope you have so much fun.

And while it may be easier said than done, be relaxed and present yourself as if you belong, as if you own the place. Don't spend time and effort looking over your shoulder, simply be confident in the fact you are a beautiful woman who is just going about her business.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Waaaay out of your comfort zone? No way!

Kristin, all I can say is: "Hot Stuff"! Don't worry at all about "how" you look, ok? From these two pictures, no one is going to be doing any double takes. Well, unless they're checking out the beautiful girl that you are walking by! Even if the stores are packed, you should do fine. Just stand tall, SMILE, be confident about being the woman that you are, shop & try on things and enjoy being a lady. Good luck, Kristin!

Love & Hugs,
    Allison
    "I may never be the girl of my dreams...but never-the-less, I am Woman!"
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinSkye View Post
    To start my comfort zone right now is pretty much maxed out at about spending maybe 10-20 seconds fully dressed in my own back yard...

I made a commitment to myself earlier this week to finally get out of the house and try to enjoy myself. To be honest I'm pretty nervous, but I'm not backing out now; it took way too damn long to get ready lol. Anyway I'll be leaving in about an hour or so so if anybody has any tips on the way I'm dressed or just some last minute advice before I 'walk the plank' please tell me

Allison
    "I may never be the girl of my dreams...but never-the-less, I am Woman!"

Aspiring Member
    What a great smile! Carry that with you when you go out and not only will you be accepted by everyone you pass but you will have alot of fun. You look terrific; so good that I would give you a second or third look to check you out! Have confidence and enjoy yourself.

You look really cute, and you're dressed perfect for the mal. Just don't listen to your heart thumping, just get out of the car and go girl! Uh, don't forget the keys!

Platinum Member
    Hope you had a good time! I am much older, been dressing much longer, and have my wife's support and participation, and yet I still feel timid about going out fully en femme.

Kristen, You look just fine, the tough part is walking out the door! Now get out there and enjoy yourself.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Thanks again everyone, I just got up from a much needed nap, my stress headache is gone and I'm feeling good! Time to do this!

Quit talking about it and just do it.

Now we want details. It is so much fun to be out and about and very addictive.
    Michelle

Better get going or the mall will be closed by the time you get there

You look good Sugar nothing to worry about (other than some guy trying to pick you up)

I have to agree with everybody else and say you look incredible! Don't forget to let everybody know how much fun you had!

Gosh you look cute,Go for it

Kristen:

Just go. you won't be sorry, and it does get easier.

I went grocery shopping for my first outing and have never looked back.

You are beautful and should have no worries.

Go for it girl.

Cindi

I wish I looked as good as you do. Go for it. Wear a smile. Remember to breath. And have fun!!

You look awesome girl, I know I have missed you but when you get back I will be back here to get the scoop on the outing, I am in Orlando so not that far away from you, and it is a scorcher of a day, stay cool babe.

Comfortzone

Hey Kristen,
    From your pics I would say go and have fun/ Hope you did. I was recently in Jacksonville and had the opprotunity to get out a couple of times and had no problems. As well as you present in your pics you should have no problems going anywhere you choose. Head up and be confident, attitude is about ninty percent, people want to believe what they see or at least what they think they see.
    Phyliss

You look just right honey, you will blend in with no problems!

We have to push ourselves sometimes, but the reward is very, very nice!

I went out shopping enfemme yesterday for the first time ever, i have some pics/story in the photo section if you want to read about my trip.

Suffice to say it was the most memorable thing ever! Go do it honey you will love it!

Hugs, Dee.

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    I know you're out already and having a great time ~ tell us how it went when you get back.

Aspiring Member
    I'm back!!! The only thing I can think to myself is why did I wait 6 years to do this....

Putting together a thread to share with everyone right now. Thank you all again so much for the support, I couldn't have done it without you all

For now:

Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss Hdson View Post
    I was recently in Jacksonville and had the opprotunity to get out a couple of times and had no problems.
    The fact that I was going out into Jax was one of my bigger concerns. When I think Jacksonville (at least the parts I see daily) I think "good 'ol country folk" and "gangstas", not the most friendly crowd for any LGBT lol.

Lucky for me there wasn't a whole lot of that crowd where I went

Quote Originally Posted by Deelite View Post
    I went out shopping enfemme yesterday for the first time ever, i have some pics/story in the photo section if you want to read about my trip.
    Already did :P Your thread was one of 2-3 similar ones that I read this week that really inspired me to make the plunge

You look great Kristin! I hope you had a lot of fun!
    -Audrey