Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female Pics on Male Driver's License

Female Pics on Male Driver's License

I have been thinking about this for a long time. I know some of you have gotten female pics on state ID cards, but I haven't seen anything about female pics on male driver's license. Is there anybody out there who has done it? Is there anything that you didn't think about before doing it?

I have several months before I have to get a new drivers license.
    Michelle

Have you considered any legal implications ?
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I'm one of the ones with 2 id's. I would think that if you aren't full time that a picture that was more feminine, but still looked like your male self, would be a nice comprise. My last drivers license pic was taken with my glasses off and a big smile. Not that much different from my female face.
    Sally

Looking to help others. christiek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    I'm one of the ones with 2 id's. I would think that if you aren't full time that a picture that was more feminine, but still looked like your male self, would be a nice comprise. My last drivers license pic was taken with my glasses off and a big smile. Not that much different from my female face.
    This is probably the best advice anyone could give. One other thing you may want to look into is a DBA License (doing business as). I remember reading something about those a very very long time ago. I myself have never needed one but its something to look into.

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    I am with Sally , I have two , my drivers license (male) and my ID card (female) I will eventually just have my lisence after I am able to go full time.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

I did this this spring and the gals at the DMV had a field day. I needed to renew my license so during lunch I drove to the office just off campus and got it renewed. Now I have transitioned and live full time but my old license still had my old picture so when I came in as a female the ladies had some fun helping me. While one was processing my information after the eye test another was taking my picture. This lady took a couple pictures and found the one she liked (me too) and then she asked if it was cute enough.
    I told her it was great and if someone doesn't pay attention to the gender marker there is no idea it says male. I love it and the ladies who helped. As we finished up one asked if I was going to have surgery to which I said maybe so she walked me through the process of changing my gender marker. Talk about service.

Like the others here, I have both - the drivers license and the state ID. On the state ID I have all of my legal and male information but my female picture.
    If your state only allows you to have one ID (drivers license or ID) then I'd say your drivers license should be male unless you are full time. I would rather have the rare uncomfortable moment when I had to share my male drivers license while dressed, than be uncomfortable every single time I had to provide ID as a male.

that's true but I was thinking about how many times you have to show you Driver's license in the first place. Stores don't require it to use your credit card and I never write a check in a store. I have gone cashless and everything works with the credit card. So outside of flying which I now plan on doing en femme, I don't show my driver's license. So it got me thinking about just changing the photo to be closer to michelle than male. Even my male photo on the DL has long hair past my shoulder and it isn't in a ponytail.

So I wasn't seeing much difference from that perspective.
    Michelle

I live in texas and you cant have both and I just got my dl in the mail i get my pic in makeup and hair no one has ever gave me any hassle over it even when I show it in male mode and the cops sure dont care when ive been pulled over
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Silver Member
    I didn't think about it, but all my ID's and licenses are with me wearing women's tops, even my passport. I don't have long hair and don't wear much makeup so I look like a guy for the most part at a quick glance.

Except for my Sam's club card where the girls show quite nicely through my sweater. The flash picked up my satin white bra through the darker loose knit sweater. Wondered why the girl smiled so much when she was processing the ID.

The journey has begun.... Regina's Avatar
    Since I grew my hair out and colored it, I really didn't look like my old self in my drivers license, so one Saturday I went in and asked for an updated picture,they gladly gave it to me for $24. I didn't go in with make-up just some conservative hoops in both ears, with the summer tan the picture turned out just fine.

Regina

I've had a female picture on my driver's license for several years now. I find it works best that way. No one ever bats an eye even though there's a male name. I have used it in either mode. I had it done first that way in Washington State, and of course did it again in California. It's never caused me any troubles, and I'd just rather do it that way than have 2 ID's as some of you do.

I chose to do it that way because to me it would be harder to explain my ID to police in a tough situation if the ID was all male while I was out dressed. Being as the picture is en femme, then people are more understanding and realize I'm not doing it on a lark, but it's my life.

I'd say 'Go for it!', Michelle!

Hugs,
    Ann

Some states do not allow you to have dl and a state id. As long as there is no legal complications i say go for it.

I'm actually going to ask if it's possible to have a different name on my state ID. I'll be going to the DMV to register my car and change my address on my driver's license and possibly ask about information regarding a state ID. (This is for California)

I'll let you all know how it goes when I come back! I'll be in my best andro look should they need a picture

Quote Originally Posted by ohitsjustalex View Post
    I'm actually going to ask if it's possible to have a different name on my state ID. I'll be going to the DMV to register my car and change my address on my driver's license and possibly ask about information regarding a state ID. (This is for California)

I'll let you all know how it goes when I come back! I'll be in my best andro look should they need a picture
    In Ca, it's one or the other.. DL or state ID.. they won't allow you to have both.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Close

My license recently came up for renewal so I had to deal with this issue. My old picture really looks nothing like me know to begin with. So when I went in for another picture, I went with minimal makeup and a more fem top. Since my passport was up for renewal, I did the same there.

The only comment about the picture was "you really look different". But, as I said, I look nothing like my old picture anyway.

I keep my old DL for nosy people.

Stephani

I have both a drivers license (male photo) and a ID card (female photo), but now Florida law says you cannot have both. It's either one or the other. Well, I have until 2012 to figure out what other alternate ID's I can use.
    Now, if I wanted to get my DL with my female photo, I can go to the DMV and say that lost my DL and get a new one, but the only problem is, is that the DMV keeps the most current photo in their database. So if they were to lookup my ID on their computer the would see me as my femme self. I would have to go back and get a new license to revert the picture to my male self.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Smile

some states will allow you to have a "seasonal" ID card for that state, not the one you live in this is NOT for DL's only ID cards.
    Nevada is one of them. but you must have a mailing address there...full time.
    as all of my credit cards all both of them have "CID" on the back i want them to ask as it is a way to slow down theft.

but never had a problem as i really do not think the clerks are truly looking at the photo or sig etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Davis View Post
    I live in texas and you cant have both and I just got my dl in the mail i get my pic in makeup and hair no one has ever gave me any hassle over it even when I show it in male mode and the cops sure dont care when ive been pulled over
    Carrie, you CAN have both in Texas. I checked in to this very thoroughly before I did it and now have a Texas DL and a Texas ID - each with its own pic.
    The young lady that took care of me (I cant recall if I went to Cedar Park or Leander) sort of emphasized that this was my "backup" ID in case my license were ever lost. I'm not sure if that was just what she was assuming or if it was a hint to me that this is what I should say if asked.

I would not do it. Read a post here a while back.

Unless you are out at work. I don't remember the exact post, but someone did that. They then were asked at work to produce a drivers license for something and were sweating bullets. They never thought about their job asking for a drivers license. They went to the DMV and they said they could not just take another picture unless there was a good reason. If you say you lost your license they just print you another one, with the picture they already have on file. The DMV finally after much reluctance let them take another picture, but did ask them what the heck they were thinking when they took a picture in fem. This may not apply to you, but it is food for thought for anyone else thinking of doing this and the possible consequences. It convinced me when I read it. If you are out to everyone and living en fem then go for it.

Found other thread. Some ideas there to weigh in your decision.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...40#post1908540
    Last edited by Jenny Gurl; 08-16-2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: post link to similar informative thread

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I almost did get a state ID once. I had it in my mind it would be great to get an ID with my female picture on it. I waited an hour at the DMV and while they were showing Big Momma's House on TV.
    When I got to the window I thought I just need my licence but then I was told I needed my birth certificate and Social Security Card. This wasn't what the web site said. I didn't argue and left.
    I haven't gone back but maybe one day.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    In Ca, it's one or the other.. DL or state ID.. they won't allow you to have both.
    Um they have never stopped me and California at this time does not participate in the real ID act that says you can have only one . In fact on the form to get your State ID they ask if you have a drivers license and ask for that number . If you have a DL they use that same number on your state ID .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

I am considering getting a legal name change include my female name in my name. That would make me Kathryn M***** D****. I would then have the choice to simply call myself Kathryn M. or K. M*****. It is not entirely unusual to have a female middle name or a female 2nd name.

Then I could go get my drivers license changed to show me female.

Now I am in Canada and that would be legal. I don't know about the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Anne View Post
    I am with Sally , I have two , my drivers license (male) and my ID card (female) I will eventually just have my lisence after I am able to go full time.
    I live in Indiana. Here you are allowed one or the other. But not both. Who would have thought that extra ID would have scared the state government so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    Um they have never stopped me and California at this time does not participate in the real ID act that says you can have only one . In fact on the form to get your State ID they ask if you have a drivers license and ask for that number . If you have a DL they use that same number on your state ID .
    Just realting what I was told by the DMV.. it was about 5 years ago though so who knows? If I am wrong, I stand correcterd.

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg