Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any comments about shaved legs?

I have been shaving my legs for a few weeks. I keep getting the red bumps on the top of my thighs and the bikini zone. I have tried shaving with, rather than against as some advice-givers to sufferers of the same problem have suggested, but it is so darn ugly with my dark hair.... I'm not sure what to do :s

Silver Member
    Take it from an electrologist, shaving your legs will *not* make the hair grow back thicker, it is a myth.

Simplerhythm, it sounds like you have PFB bumps (ingrows). You could try a product called Tend Skin (or one of its many clones) which is designed to help alleviate PFB bumps.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    It's not true that all ladies like shaved male bodies. And it's not always about the looks.

For example, my wife says that she is indifferent regarding body hair, but that she doesn't understand why a guy should be concerned about this girly detail. It kind of freaks her out. By the way, she doesn't know about my CDing.

I guess some people think that guys are not supposed to have vanity.

And the answers of polls to girls regarding what they prefer, I think that most of them like some hair, but not too much, and not everywhere. There seems to be a consensus about disliking back hair, but they tend to like arms and legs hair. Some like chest hair, some don't. So it's not an easy issue :-)

Another thing: people might not say a word about shaved legs, but they do notice and have their opinion or judgment about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    Take it from an electrologist, shaving your legs will *not* make the hair grow back thicker, it is a myth.

Simplerhythm, it sounds like you have PFB bumps (ingrows). You could try a product called Tend Skin (or one of its many clones) which is designed to help alleviate PFB bumps.
    I have seen it mentioned. I'll look it up, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SyndieCCD View Post
    I really don't want to have to shave every other day, or if I stop, I dont want to have really thick hairy legs. Its annoying enough to keep my face shaved, noticable stubble comes back on day 2.

-Syn
    I was a shaver but got tired of the prickly stubble on the back of my legs and those annoying red bumps (every second day)...Yes shaving is time consuming and from the advice of the other gals I broke down and bought a Braun Silk Epilator. I let my legs and belly hair grow for about a week and went to work epilating...Epilating the legs wasn't that bad but my gawd the belly was the worst!

Love the results...Now I just run the epilator over my legs every 3rd or 4th day or so...So much easier than shaving

Banned Read only
    I'm not a big fan of hair on my legs or anywhere else below the neckline for that matter...ughh.

I tell them that I'm Asian and I tend to not grow a lot of hairs on my legs to begin with LOL

There is nothing like shaved legs, I will never let my leg hair grow out again!

why should somebody say something to shaved legs on men, no matter whether in drab or fem mode?
    Every serious sportsman gets rid of his leg hairs today (e.g. road cyclists, triathlets) and for them its almost a must. I did these sports and so, for me its normal to get my legs shaved.

So, don't think too much about it and just do it.
    You have only this one Life - make the Best out of it ....

the happy camper
    I went to a Halloween party at my DM's house last year as a Twilight fangirl. Two of my fellow gamers, a married couple, acted a little weirded out when I told them that, yes, I had shaved my legs for the costume. Apparently, they had missed the fact that I'd been shaving my legs for a couple of months before that even though we game together every Sunday. For a few weeks after that, the guy kept making comments about how bad it was going to itch when the hair grew back in. He still didn't get it when I said I didn't think that was going to be a problem. As far as I know, they're both still oblivious.

By contrast, one of my nephews called me on it the first time I removed the hair from my feet! Some people are just more observant than others.

I started shaving my legs last fall,I love the feel and have to shave everyday,I can't stand the stubble of even one day's growth.My wife has accepted it,but I haven't worn shorts all summer,(except when I crossdress)afraid of what my boys will think.

For years I was worried about what people would say if I shaved my legs and they saw. Now for the past three years I've kept my legs shaved year round and only two comments were made in that time, both by women commenting on my nice legs. I don't think I will ever let the hair grow back. - in fact I now also keep my chest armpits and arms shaved as well and will continue to do so.

Before CDing, I NEVER would of thought of shaving my legs.. but then one night having a lace trim thigh high stocking on, I saw hairy thighs and was thinking how gross it was.... so off the hair went, lol.. next my armpits and chest..

I still have to do my arms, but thinking I'll wait til fall since nobody will see me CD except my wife, unless of course I decide to go out, but doubt anytime soon.

Shaving legs is no different to shaving your face.

It is disgusting - get rid of it!
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

I started shaved my legs for the first time many years ago when I first started body building.
    I remember being very anxious about it, but I had an excuse which protected me mentally. I was
    very paranoid at the gym, and any smile from someone made me think it was about my legs.
    I knew bicyclist did it also. My wife and son were OK with it.
    When I started cross dressing it took on a whole new dimension. I now go to a waxing service here in
    Texas for a full body brazilian , which is expensive but worth it to me. The GG's there are very nice,
    although they still think I do it for body building, though last time I showed up with less muscle as I have been trying to get a more feminine look. I had waited a long time to do my last waxing so I was quite hairy, and I couldn't wait to have it done. When I walked out on the street the hot humid air of Texas felt amazing on my ultra smooth legs which were extra sensitive having just been waxed.
    I have very nice shapely legs from all the leg work I have done, and I am still a little shy about it.
    My wife prefers the hairy guy, but she knows about my tendencies to CD.I am an older guy which makes it a little more difficult, but with all the support from you and people like us it makes it easier.
    I have just begun this amazing journey, and there is so much to learn. I simply love it .

Any comments about shaved legs?

Ahhhh NO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Have shaved my legs since Nov 02. never had anything said. except the wife when they get stubbly.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    i have actually done some intensive deep research on this topic..

i feminized myself over a long time...a very long time...from shaving a bit of hair at a time off my wrists...plucking one or two eyebrows every day...etc...i was terrified of getting caught but kept going further...

after announcing my transition, i was actually asked lots of them if they noticed anything...and guess what...they ALL said that YES they did....

and they ALL said, that they talked about it and not once did they ever comment that i was a crossdresser or transsexual...

i think i asked 5 people plus my mom and dad...and they all said the same thing!!

so people notice...they almost never ever say anything, but they notice... of course, folks should only worry about this if they care if people notice..

has anyone else actually asked this question after disclosing ?
    Exactly. People not telling is not the same as people not noticing or not judging.

The same was as not receiving negative comments while out and dressed does not equal passing and being accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteDuality View Post
    not receiving negative comments while out and dressed does not equal passing and being accepted.
    I don't fully agree with that, particularly the latter part. No, it doesn't equal passing. But acceptance? That depends on definition. If I go out entirely as a guy (no makeup, wig, etc) but dressed in a dress, hose, heels, etc...and nobody says anything negative to me, nobody interferes in my life, I can do everything I intended to do without obstruction; I think that's a form of acceptance. The watching public might not like it, and despise that I'm doing it, but if they don't interfere, that's a form of acceptance.

So, I picked up this product at walmart since it seemed to be the only one advertising the anti-bump property. Anyone tried it?

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp91983_33..._shave_gel.htm

The reviews on the site are pretty mixed. Still, only $3, so I don't care if it's crappy

I have thought about shaving my legs. But have not had the courage to do so.
    I go regular to the gym and swim, that is usually the only place that my bare legs are visible in public. But am concerned about what would be said and also been seen by people who know me.

After reading the replies in this thread, I am now considering giving it ago.
    Just a couple of questions.
    How often will I have to shave?
    And if I change my mind how long does it take for my leg hairs grow back?
    Nicola

Happier to be myself when in a Skirt and Tights

Just a couple of questions.
    How often will I have to shave?
    And if I change my mind how long does it take for my leg hairs grow back?
    Simple answer, it depends.

Shave a spot not easily noticed and watch it for a week or two and you will have your answer.

back to chime in on this topic.

I shaved my legs last week. My kids thought it was strange but no big deal.

I go out almost every day in shorts and have not had a single comment, good or bad. Nor have I noticed any weird looks.

And, as many others have said, I could care less what they think anyways. It is my life and I am determined that I will enjoy it however I like.

Jenna

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    I don't fully agree with that, particularly the latter part. No, it doesn't equal passing. But acceptance? That depends on definition. If I go out entirely as a guy (no makeup, wig, etc) but dressed in a dress, hose, heels, etc...and nobody says anything negative to me, nobody interferes in my life, I can do everything I intended to do without obstruction; I think that's a form of acceptance. The watching public might not like it, and despise that I'm doing it, but if they don't interfere, that's a form of acceptance.
    If tolerating is the same as accepting, then you're right.

But I think that acceptance is at a different level

I have shaved my armpits since my early 20's as I find it much more hygenic, less likely to cause odour and looks better, I am quite hairy on arms legs and chest and since last July, I have been shaving the legs clean from waist to knee then a bit more left below as I am a bit nervous of the SO's reaction, well not any more now she is on a warpath!
    But, the point is I have now taken to thinning arm and chest hair out and when dressed look fairly presentable now. If I can get a peace accord with my SO I shall shave them clean.

Facially I have a heavy growth too and always use a quality razor and favour the Gillette Fusion but do allow pass days when I am not dressing to then give me a wonderfully smooth shave next time needed.
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.